Author Topic: Turn off your tv  (Read 1760 times)

D-Ware

• Getbig II
Turn off your tv
« on: March 09, 2012, 06:44:12 PM »
It is poisoning your mind with propaganda.  Groupthink has gotten to be out of control

barbellman

• Getbig II
Re: Turn off your tv
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:52:39 PM »

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 07:38:17 PM »
done a long time ago

now all my wisdom comes from getbig

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 08:40:36 PM »
done a long time ago

X2

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
I don't even know why I have cable anymore. Damn contract. I watch the ufc events that's about it.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
that shit aint going nowhere: all the dipshits and fucktards eating up all the fake shit like the kardashians, jersey shore, the local news.

never mind the rich / poor divide, the killing of thousands etc....nothing to see there.

n.gga please in LA we've been watching a rock be trasnported down the highway for the past week : a fucking rock!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »
It is poisoning your mind with propaganda.  Groupthink has gotten to be out of control

If you take television seriously, you are asking for problems. For some of us, the television is nothing more than a distraction and perhaps occasionally, entertainment. People who watch the news channels 24/7 are asking to become depressed because only bad news sells. I am watching the television show, Grimm, right this minute. Nothing serious about it. Just a fun entertaining distraction....and it is filmed in Portland, OR where I live.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 11:09:32 PM »
I don't have a T.V.

Nothing to turn off here except the puter, which is equally bad (if not worse)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2012, 02:14:14 AM »
done a long time ago

x2

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 02:54:18 PM »
dont have tv  since 1999.

hematocritter

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 05:40:09 PM »
I never had TV growing up, lived in the boonies.
When I talk to anyone about childhood, I have stories that bring back fond memories of doing all kinds of activities and being outside 90% of the time.
The only thing they have to talk about is pop culture shit from that era, mainly tv shows. I have the WTF expression and can't carry on with the conversation.
People think I am lying when I say I have never seen a single episode of Brady Bunch, Different Strokes, Growing Pain, Dukes of Hazzard, Star Trek, etc.
I do remember enjoying staying over friends houses when I was in elementary school and watching Saturday morning cartoons. That was all though.

I never had TV in college when I moved out on my own, was used to not having it and had no desire to pay for it.
Bought my first house and people gave me shit for not having cable or even network TV, I just had a TV sitting there with a DVD player.
Moved out of that place and got married, wasn't planning on having TV but the wife wanted it...... and I hate it because now when I come home beat from
work, it is easy to plop down on the couch and just watch what she has on. I have the willpower usually to get up and go do something, but it sure is hard
when it is on and the couch looks so inviting for my tired, overworked body.

I do refuse to watch something that is on in real time.... I will only watch the stuff that the DVR records because commercials make me want to throw the TV
out the window, especially because of the way they have the volume automatically boosted up when they come on.

Metabolic

• Getbig IV
  • Team I Fucked Her Face
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 05:42:23 PM »
done a long time ago

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 05:49:30 PM »

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 05:50:00 PM »
don't watch much. today i caught the last 20 minutes of the france v england rugby. then the last 10 or 15 of grand designs.

yesterday, watched football streamed on computer. then later on i managed 5 minutes of my gypsy wedding, before i wanted to stab my eyes out.