Author Topic: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!  (Read 205860 times)

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
Re: Shawn Ray - Is in The House!!!!
« Reply #650 on: October 08, 2017, 02:24:52 PM »
Loved your honesty and commentary at the Olympia. It was a breath of fresh air  :)

Thank you.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #651 on: October 08, 2017, 02:27:00 PM »
Shawn how long would you take off the gym and off supplements each year

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #652 on: October 08, 2017, 02:29:54 PM »
shawn, at the olympia 2000 back stage why did you refuse to give levrone a piece of the orange you had when he asked you to stop his cramps?..  >:( >:( >:(

If Kevin liked Oranges so much he should have packed some.
I didn't go to the Mr Olympia contest to feed the Hungry, Poor, Neglated or the Idiotic.
I was there to Compete and brought what I needed to be effective in doing so. If he was cramping he should as for a doctor. We were Competitors not Friends at competitions.
You think he would share his Prize Money with me?
Looked like he survived and competed for years to come.
See, you have to be a good judge when it comes to "Want vs Need."
Kevin "wanted" some of my Orange, he didn't Need it.
Therein lies the difference in giving an opponent an Unfair Advantage.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #653 on: October 08, 2017, 02:34:28 PM »
Shawn,

One thing I noticed on all the boards and online in general in reference to the Olympia broadcast on Amazon was that people generally enjoyed the feed for a change. What they did not enjoy and this is something that is brought up online every year and nobody who does the broadcast does not seem to pay attention to is that during the personal posing routines, that nobody wants to hear the commentator yapping away because it takes away from the routine we are watching. Like seriously, you and Dan do a great job commentating, but perhaps someone needs to tell Dan specifically to shut the fuck up during the routine. You like to tell it like it is, so appreciate that I am telling it like it is. If you do not believe me, pull up the commentary of people online during the podcast and you will see those comments specifically like crazy.

If we went back to when you did your awesome routine at the Nationals, the whole would have beenruined had 2 guys been babbling the whole time during. Everyone including you talks about the lack of good posing today, but one other facet ruining the posing is exactly the babbling that goes on during live streaming of events. Boxers, hockey football, mma are geared to commentators talking during play because they don't do it to music, the posing routines are done to music 100%.. Huge difference. I suggest wathing figure skating routines as an example, they talk very little during routines

That is my major criticsm about the commentary, everything else is great, thanks

First, the Commentary is there not for the experienced & Educated but rather the Newbie and Curious watching for perhaps the 1st Time. These Broadcasts are to reach a Wider Audience than the typical die hard whom we know will tune in regardless.
Secondly, the commentary is necessary due to Music Copy Rights. When commentary is voiced over the Music the artists can't come after the Network for Monetary Royalties.
The alternative is the athletes pose to pre-purchased House Music Owned by the Network and of course then all the routines would look out of sinc and sloppy.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #654 on: October 08, 2017, 02:59:05 PM »
First, the Commentary is there not for the experienced & Educated but rather the Newbie and Curious watching for perhaps the 1st Time. These Broadcasts are to reach a Wider Audience than the typical die hard whom we know will tune in regardless.
Secondly, the commentary is necessary due to Music Copy Rights. When commentary is voiced over the Music the artists can't come after the Network for Monetary Royalties.
The alternative is the athletes pose to pre-purchased House Music Owned by the Network and of course then all the routines would look out of sinc and sloppy.

Thanks for the response
"

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #655 on: October 08, 2017, 03:04:23 PM »
I didn't go to the Mr Olympia contest to feed the Hungry, Poor, Neglated or the Idiotic.
I was there to Compete and brought what I needed to be effective in doing so. If he was cramping he should as for a doctor. We were Competitors not Friends at competitions.

Very well articulated. I was a competitive cyclist for many years. If I guy was dying in a race and needed water I'd help out but otherwise it was up to him to be prepared. It's a race, not a party.

Simple Simon

« Reply #656 on: October 08, 2017, 03:05:36 PM »

As opposed to polished and professional as they are normally?

Come on Shawn, even you have got to admit posing has gone down the shitter.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #657 on: October 08, 2017, 03:11:08 PM »
It was only an Orange, man!!!
Then again, even Arnold made a distinction between competitors during competition and friendship.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC θ un asino
« Reply #658 on: October 08, 2017, 03:40:56 PM »

There's competition but then there's also sportsmanship.

I'd rather beat my opponent because I'm better, not because he got hurt or injured, but that's just me.

Y

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #659 on: October 08, 2017, 03:45:11 PM »
There's competition but then there's also sportsmanship.

I'd rather beat my opponent because I'm better, not because he got hurt or injured.
A slice or two of an orange may have given Kevin an unfair advantage over Shawn. I mean, Shawn didn't have an American flag stuffed in his trunks.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #660 on: October 08, 2017, 07:06:03 PM »
obviously potential wise i do not see him there.please tell me a year when he should have won Olympia and did,t..Bit over rated tbh.

please tell me what year shawn or flex should've won

Mr. Levrone won more shows than both, beat both more than he lost to them, and was runner up 4 times so you tell me what he lacked "potential wise" compared to those 2

E
E

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #661 on: October 09, 2017, 02:44:29 AM »
Some great pics of Sean:

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #662 on: October 09, 2017, 03:03:15 AM »
Lol

Did you purposely post pics where Shawn is getting destroyed
P

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #663 on: October 09, 2017, 03:28:44 AM »
Lol

Did you purposely post pics where Shawn is getting destroyed

NO!

That's preposterous!

sceagacros

• Getbig III
  • Happy holidays, have you considered suicide?
« Reply #664 on: October 09, 2017, 03:38:24 AM »
I understand denying a competitor a bite from an orange, but what if Levrone had asked to borrow your sock to stuff his thong? Where exactly do you draw the line between giving an opponent an unfair advantage and basic human decency?

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #665 on: October 09, 2017, 05:27:14 AM »
I think Shawn is one of the best bb:s to never be crowned Olympia. It is very close between him Levrone, Wheeler. Maybe he's a jerk but don't really know him. Hope he lives a good life not bitter about Yates wins still though.
MIRAGETROPIN

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #666 on: October 09, 2017, 05:39:31 AM »
Dear Shawn Ray, i remember a 1995 Flex magazine article, where you reported your secrets to get ready for contest. I was a teenager then.
You gave credit to your superior diet discipline, taking suplements to stay sharp and energized for workouts, like multiminerals, multivitamins, branched-chain and free-form amino acids, and specially drinking two large glasses of water, with every meal.
We all know that without steroids you wouldn't have gone anywhere, bodybuilding wise.

My question to you is this:

Do you feel guilty for misleading a whole generation of young bodybuilders, for not telling them the truth, ruinning their dreams, of becoming competitive thongsters?

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #667 on: October 09, 2017, 12:32:53 PM »
ah yes! There’s the old Sean we all know-oh man these shows sounded brutal to compete in!! I would love to see a nfl player, or an Olympic athelete try to survive the meal prep and walking on the treadmill you guys endured! Not even navy seal training compares to how rough it sounded like u guys had it!!!
How did u survive Sean??? How did u get through the arm workouts and drinking your 2 glasses of water a meal??
w

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #668 on: October 09, 2017, 11:46:36 PM »
As opposed to polished and professional as they are normally?

Come on Shawn, even you have got to admit posing has gone down the shitter.

Stevie Wonder could see that.
What's you're point?

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #669 on: October 09, 2017, 11:48:09 PM »
Dear Shawn Ray, i remember a 1995 Flex magazine article, where you reported your secrets to get ready for contest. I was a teenager then.
You gave credit to your superior diet discipline, taking suplements to stay sharp and energized for workouts, like multiminerals, multivitamins, branched-chain and free-form amino acids, and specially drinking two large glasses of water, with every meal.
We all know that without steroids you wouldn't have gone anywhere, bodybuilding wise.

My question to you is this:

Do you feel guilty for misleading a whole generation of young bodybuilders, for not telling them the truth, ruinning their dreams, of becoming competitive thongsters?

Yes. Sad too😎

Simple Simon

« Reply #670 on: October 10, 2017, 01:25:20 AM »
Stevie Wonder could see that.
What's you're point?

the point is you said they had to talk over the music and if they didn't the competitors would have to pose to music dubbed over and that it would ruin the routines.

My point is you could sing a chorus of "happy birthday to you" over 90% of todays routines and you wouldn't know that they hadnt picked it themselves.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #671 on: October 10, 2017, 01:48:34 AM »
Some more extraordinary pictures:

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #672 on: October 10, 2017, 01:50:22 AM »

Randomum

• Getbig III
« Reply #673 on: October 10, 2017, 03:41:55 AM »
Shawn your physique was one of the few that never got bloated in the 2000s. Did you use slin and gh? If so how much compared to your competition?

Simple Simon

« Reply #674 on: October 10, 2017, 03:43:51 AM »
Shawn your physique was one of the few that never got bloated in the 2000s. Did you use slin and gh? If so how much compared to your competition?
already said no....