Author Topic: High School Teacher in CA told his class  (Read 9712 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: High School Teacher in CA told his class
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 08:33:14 PM »
But most importantly, what does he deadlift? True measure of a man.

355 squat
325 DL (straight bar)

I don't let him bench right now being so close to the beginning of the season but he's good for 4 x 5 on DB press with 80's.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »
355 squat
325 DL (straight bar)

I don't let him bench right now being so close to the beginning of the season but he's good for 4 x 5 on DB press with 80's.

Coach, are you one of those fathers who degrades their kid when he strikes out because you have these high hope of your kid turning pro, even though the chances of him turning pro are slim to none?
X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 08:38:46 PM »
..told the students in my son's geometry class "I don't care if you pass or fail, either way I get paid". BTW, this is my kids first year ever in PS. Nice to know some teachers in public school don't give a shit. The good news is my kid transferred out and into another class pronto along with about 15 others. That teacher now has one less class.

I've disliked teachers since 7th grade.  Mine (aside from one or two) were completely worthless, horrible people.  It was a completely different experience at private school.

It's a wonder society isn't in worse shape with these ignorant savages "educating" our next generations.  

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 08:50:45 PM »
I've disliked teachers since 7th grade.  Mine (aside from one or two) were completely worthless, horrible people.  It was a completely different experience at private school.

It's a wonder society isn't in worse shape with these ignorant savages "educating" our next generations.  

Yes, we need tbombz educating our kids.
X

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 08:52:12 PM »
Yes, we need tbombz educating our kids.

and Johnny Falcon!  8)

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 09:02:02 PM »
the path to the pros goes thru American Legion

high school baseball  ::)

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha  kid is getting owned by life because of his short father   hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha

Hang on, it's 5am here in London and I'm still sleepy so I'm not quite understanding what you're saying. Are you claiming that Coach is a stumpy dwarf?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
Coach, are you one of those fathers who degrades their kid when he strikes out because you have these high of your kid turning pro, even though the chances of him turning pro are slim to none?

Not a chance. We both know the odds. I can only help him as much as I can and give him.the tools necessary to get there.

joejoe

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 11:50:07 PM »

JV .305 (he's a sophomore)
Varsiity .275

He's a catcher, his last timed POP time for the USA team try outs was 1.87.

Lol wut? No kid that hits .275 in high school is playing, or even trying out,  for a true national level team

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2013, 12:45:38 AM »
Smart teacher....weed out the ones that don't give a fuck.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2013, 01:06:53 AM »
Lol wut? No kid that hits .275 in high school is playing, or even trying out,  for a true national level team

x2

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2013, 01:10:49 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with what the teacher said. It's a true statement.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2013, 01:15:24 AM »
Lol wut? No kid that hits .275 in high school is playing, or even trying out,  for a true national level team

????? Explain that one. Granted not the best on the team but .305 isn't the worst. He did well enough at the try out.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2013, 03:24:12 AM »
Hang on, it's 5am here in London and I'm still sleepy so I'm not quite understanding what you're saying. Are you claiming that Coach is a stumpy dwarf?

According to a recent survey, six out of seven dwarves arn't happy.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2013, 05:43:07 AM »
..told the students in my son's geometry class "I don't care if you pass or fail, either way I get paid". BTW, this is my kids first year ever in PS. Nice to know some teachers in public school don't give a shit. The good news is my kid transferred out and into another class pronto along with about 15 others. That teacher now has one less class.
what prompted him to say that? What was the discussion?
Was that teacher responding to a student that didn't care?

You'd be suprised how many teachers in private school don't care...

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 05:47:54 AM »
what prompted him to say that? What was the discussion?
Was that teacher responding to a student that didn't care?

You'd be suprised how many teachers in private school don't care...

Exactly. Might of just been in response to some smart ass in the back of the classroom.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 05:58:57 AM »
Exactly. Might of just been in response to some smart ass in the back of the classroom.
many of these kids know the art of telling their parents and ommiting the parts that incriminate them.
And making out said teacher to be some horrific teacher, therefore getting themselves transferred to a class where the teacher is "cool"and "gives" grades...
Seems like Coach may be falling for it.

When I was student teaching 6th grade, there was this girl who wasn't liked and was kinda "rotund". Apparently, she could go to the bathroom "anytime she wanted". Well...one time a girl had a birthday...and said "rotund" girl gave her a handmade birthday card. It read, "Happy Birthday____...."
And when you opened it up, "You are such a bitch, I hope you...."
Now mind you, the birthday girl was well liked.

Well, we had a parent teacher meeting about her behavior with her father, who was a cop. He didn't believe anything we said. I told him, I don't get paid for student teaching, and then I pulled out the birthday card his daughter did. And I told him to explain this. This is the work your child does instead of listening in class or doing class work...
He had no answer.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2013, 06:12:49 AM »
My english teacher said that first year of grade 10, 8 people walked out. only 2 came back.
exactly i had numerous teachers saying this sort of thing
A

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2013, 06:37:03 AM »
Wow, maybe she's not getting paid enough or is pissed off about the school system.....regardless, teachers careless these days about their students...gone are the days when classroom was a refuge for the students. maybe it's a public school thing, maybe

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2013, 06:41:51 AM »
That was his goal to get them pissed enough off to leave = less work for him and still get paid. Obama will be proud.

Coach's kid got played like a fool!!!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2013, 08:02:00 AM »
Lol wut? No kid that hits .275 in high school is playing, or even trying out,  for a true national level team

Yeah I'm not one to tell someone how to raise there kids (I don't have any so what do I know) but I'm not seeing baseball in this one's future.  There are probably four or five kids on every high school team in the country who hit .275 or better.

No one gives a shit about "JV" stats, come on there.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2013, 09:25:40 AM »
Yeah I'm not one to tell someone how to raise there kids (I don't have any so what do I know) but I'm not seeing baseball in this one's future.  There are probably four or five kids on every high school team in the country who hit .275 or better.

No one gives a shit about "JV" stats, come on there.

True and we've talked about this. He sometimes has a problem of waiting for the "perfect pitch" and freezes if it's not where he wants it. It's frustrating but batting coach are working on it. He needs to understand at that level, almost every pitch is hittable even if a little off the strike zone. Something that can be fixed and I'm (nor his coaches) are worried too much. He made the team more on his catching skills with the 1.87 POP and throw down average 77-80mph to second. As a sophomore, that puts him at college level times.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2013, 09:32:12 AM »
Wow, maybe she's not getting paid enough or is pissed off about the school system.....regardless, teachers careless these days about their students...gone are the days when classroom was a refuge for the students. maybe it's a public school thing, maybe
why should the teachers care?
Every parent thinks their child is "Above Average" and "Special", every child in turn thinks that they are special.
Add in no support from administration. Add in that it is no longer an attractive career choice, especially for women, so you either get people who don't care, or those learn to not care.

It's just symtomatic of a society that is going downhill..

Again, why should they care, there are no incentives to care.
Bottom line, America again has shot itself in the foot.

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2013, 09:49:23 AM »
I don't see anything wrong with what the teacher said. It's a true statement.

Alot of my college professors did this sort of thing and its mostly true. It's up to the student to learn what is taught (aka personal responsibility).

I liked the 'look to the person on your left and right, 1 of them will drop out and the other will probably fail'. Haha

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2013, 10:15:30 AM »
Alot of my college professors did this sort of thing and its mostly true. It's up to the student to learn what is taught (aka personal responsibility).

I liked the 'look to the person on your left and right, 1 of them will drop out and the other will probably fail'. Haha

It's also up to the teacher to teach the course that makes it understandable to the student. Again, if you have most of the class switch because they can't pass the course and the remainder of his/her schedule are A's B's, there is a disconnect between the teacher and student. If the case is that they're doing for the money, then they should get the fuck out, but unions are pretty much useless in that situation.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2013, 02:00:45 PM »
True and we've talked about this. He sometimes has a problem of waiting for the "perfect pitch" and freezes if it's not where he wants it. It's frustrating but batting coach are working on it. He needs to understand at that level, almost every pitch is hittable even if a little off the strike zone. Something that can be fixed and I'm (nor his coaches) are worried too much. He made the team more on his catching skills with the 1.87 POP and throw down average 77-80mph to second. As a sophomore, that puts him at college level times.

in other words, it's a character issue

he gets it from his short father
K