Author Topic: James Thompson's cauliflower ear  (Read 3290 times)

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
James Thompson's cauliflower ear
« on: June 02, 2008, 11:08:35 AM »
Why didn't James get his ear drained before the fight? On the other hand, JT has the weakest chin in MMA, and he took these punches right on the chin. I question Kimbo's punching power. Kimbo is nothing but hype.

Audioslave

• Getbig III
Re: James Thompson's cauliflower ear
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 02:12:30 PM »
Maybe he thought it was extra padding?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 02:59:21 PM »
 ;D

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 05:23:49 AM »
james thompson is a very strong guy snapped my mates leg in training, and he has fought some big named fighters, butterbean, don frye, alexander emilianeko he may get knocked out but these aren't exactly half arsed punchers.  If the fight had continued he would have won. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:36:00 AM »
james thompson is a very strong guy snapped my mates leg in training, and he has fought some big named fighters, butterbean, don frye, alexander emilianeko he may get knocked out but these aren't exactly half arsed punchers.  If the fight had continued he would have won. 

You have to give it to him.  He fought a much better fight than he usually does.  I know EliteXc was expecting him to run out, take a few shots and go down.  Either he has gotten better or Kimbo isn't as good as they make it out to be.  The answer is probably a combination of the two.
A

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 11:12:40 AM »
why dont any of you take one of Kimbos punches and then judge it? cant judge anyones punching power until you get punched by that person!!!
Journeyman

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 03:19:49 PM »
why dont any of you take one of Kimbos punches and then judge it? cant judge anyones punching power until you get punched by that person!!!

Watch Reality Kings Money Talks a fucking kid who weighs like 160 and is a wannabee gangster from afghanistan gets paid $50 bucks to take a Kimbo punch to the gut. NO GLOVES, the kid told kimbo to screw the glove. HE DIDN"T GO DOWN. He stumbled back and leaned over but never went down and Kimbo cocked that thing back.. SO makes me wonder???

Journeyman

• Getbig II
  • BIGGER STRONGER FASTER!
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 05:34:27 PM »
the gut and the chin are two different things! ;)
Journeyman

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »

What? They are comparing this guy's punches to Mike Tyson. Kimbo repeatedly punched the guy with the weakest chin in MMA, and couldn't knock him out. ::)

Kimbo is a circus act.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 06:54:22 PM »
the gut and the chin are two different things! ;)

Your right, but are you trying to say that someone who punches with power like Tyson (as they were saying) shouldn't drop a 160 lb iranian. Cmon...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 08:54:22 PM »

Although Thompson for sure was winning the fight, he was about to be knocked the fck out...