Author Topic: Current singers really suck  (Read 4379 times)

agenda21nwo

Current singers really suck
« on: December 20, 2013, 05:45:08 AM »
Nothing like the 70's or 80's when there was real talent, AMAZING VOICES.  All the trash on air today is vomit worthy.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: Current singers really suck
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 05:46:17 AM »
Nothing like the 70's or 80's when there was real talent, AMAZING VOICES.  All the trash on air today is vomit worthy.

What so you don't think Justin Bieber, Kanye West and Rebecca Black are great contemporary artists?

;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 05:48:34 AM »
There are some amazing voices in the field of gospel and contemporary Christian music today.

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 07:21:31 AM »
I disagree. I'll get flamed extremely badly for this, but Lady Gaga is an extremely talented musician and vocalist. If you dig past the cheesy manufactured image, there is a very excellent musician underneath.

I'd also encourage you to give Monster Truck (a recent act) a try. Their vocalist is quite excellent, in that "70s blues rock" type of genre, if that's where your ear is at.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 07:27:16 AM »
I disagree. I'll get flamed extremely badly for this, but Lady Gaga is an extremely talented musician and vocalist. If you dig past the cheesy manufactured image, there is a very excellent musician underneath.

I'd also encourage you to give Monster Truck (a recent act) a try. Their vocalist is quite excellent, in that "70s blues rock" type of genre, if that's where your ear is at.

X2.  It's all about the pop.   Listen to lady gag or Katy perry live singing some classic rock then you'll hear how wide their vocal range is.     YouTube pink singing Bobby McGee by Janis johplin.   Then you'll hear a beautiful voice.     The machine dictates what they sing and sound like.    It's a waste of talent if you ask me      But the show must go on and it's all about the money
a

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:27:42 AM »
Most are not singers, they are entertainers.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 07:33:04 AM »
Falcon crushes the rest.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 07:33:24 AM »
There are some amazing voices in the field of gospel and contemporary Christian music today.

post some vids up chief
T

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 07:38:05 AM »
To me it's not the singers but the music itself that sucks now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 07:48:06 AM »
I love listening to motown... really talented era.

Also, it seems like nobody has had a guitar lesson since 1989.   We have to go back 25 years to hear amazing lead playing.  And nobody uses the A7 chord anymore.  And once you've heard the verse & chorus of a song, the rest of it is terribly predictable.  I listen to the stuff from the 50s, motown, and it just defies a lot of that.  As a musician, I can hear things on the radio today and just kinda feel every chord progression and know a song without touching a guitar.    The old stuff kicks my ass.  

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2013, 07:48:45 AM »
To me it's not the singers but the music itself that sucks now.
Agreed. The last great song I heard was .. Ummm.. Errr..  

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2013, 07:52:28 AM »
Yea the music is all watered down, the musicians are NOTHING compared to the talent of the 70's and 80's and the singers...oh god where to even begin. ANYONE can be a singer these days. No skill needed. Anyone can be autotuned/digitized.

And who the fuck likes Maroon 5?????
This is the shittiest band ever with the most annoying 'singer' whose 'voice' is just a digitized shrill whine, yet everywhere I go stores restaurants radio malls on tv etc..everywhere is playing maroon 5 songs and tbis fucker is all over tv.

Who likes them? Do they tour? How does the guy even do vocals live when his voice is clearly just a studio production?

What a fucking joke.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2013, 07:55:00 AM »

Also, it seems like nobody has had a guitar lesson since 1989.   We have to go back 25 years to hear amazing lead playing.  And nobody uses the A7 chord anymore.  And once you've heard the verse & chorus of a song, the rest of it is terribly predictable.  I listen to the stuff from the 50s, motown, and it just defies a lot of that.  As a musician, I can hear things on the radio today and just kinda feel every chord progression and know a song without touching a guitar.    The old stuff kicks my ass.  
The Temptations were pretty damn good.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2013, 07:57:43 AM »
post some vids up chief

These folks ain't no Don Juan Falcone, but they good:

1st video music begins 1:30

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2013, 08:01:24 AM »
The Temptations were pretty damn good.

back in the 50s, the chuck berry/johnny cash stuff, it seems like every song was in that 1 4 5 blues pattern.  

Then suddenly, motown was this amazingly complex thing.

maybe we'll see that again soon... people walk away from the predictable "what did the fox say" garbage and return to really amazing works of auditory art.  I doubt it though... would disrupt the multitasking of driving, texting and taking selfies.   You go into 6/8 time and they woudln't know what to do.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2013, 08:26:31 AM »
Yea the music is all watered down, the musicians are NOTHING compared to the talent of the 70's and 80's and the singers...oh god where to even begin. ANYONE can be a singer these days. No skill needed. Anyone can be autotuned/digitized.

And who the fuck likes Maroon 5?????
This is the shittiest band ever with the most annoying 'singer' whose 'voice' is just a digitized shrill whine, yet everywhere I go stores restaurants radio malls on tv etc..everywhere is playing maroon 5 songs and tbis fucker is all over tv.

Who likes them? Do they tour? How does the guy even do vocals live when his voice is clearly just a studio production?

What a fucking joke.

My little 4 year old niece loves the new Roar song by Katy Perry and listens to it all the time.  The other day there was a live Katy Perry performance on TV and she was so excited and Katy Perry sang her song Roar and my niece looks at me and asks why she doesn't sound so good and why does the song sound different?  lol.  I told her that the song on the CD is because computers made her sound good but the TV show is her real voice.  The sad thing is she hasn't listened to Katy Perry since that TV concert.  It's like she learned Santa Doesn't exist.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2013, 09:20:42 AM »
My little 4 year old niece loves the new Roar song by Katy Perry and listens to it all the time.  The other day there was a live Katy Perry performance on TV and she was so excited and Katy Perry sang her song Roar and my niece looks at me and asks why she doesn't sound so good and why does the song sound different?  lol.  I told her that the song on the CD is because computers made her sound good but the TV show is her real voice.  The sad thing is she hasn't listened to Katy Perry since that TV concert.  It's like she learned Santa Doesn't exist.

My 3 yr old loves that song too....she knows every word and has choreographed a dance for it.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2013, 09:35:54 AM »
My little 4 year old niece loves the new Roar song by Katy Perry and listens to it all the time.  The other day there was a live Katy Perry performance on TV and she was so excited and Katy Perry sang her song Roar and my niece looks at me and asks why she doesn't sound so good and why does the song sound different?  lol.  I told her that the song on the CD is because computers made her sound good but the TV show is her real voice.  The sad thing is she hasn't listened to Katy Perry since that TV concert.  It's like she learned Santa Doesn't exist.

Good for educating her at an early age and good for her for noticing the difference and acting on it lol

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »
beyonce is amazing

alicia keys

lil kim

etc..

99 Bananas

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2013, 12:59:55 PM »
Few people in the history of earth can sit behind a piano and sing like Lady Gaga.

Play this as loud as possible.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »
Nothing like the 70's or 80's when there was real talent, AMAZING VOICES.  All the trash on air today is vomit worthy.

film music sucks too ........nobody like Ennio Morricone !

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2013, 02:09:13 PM »

Agree completely about Motown! Singers like Al Green, David Ruffin, Eddie Kendricks, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder , Otis Reading, Smokey Robinson even Daryl Hall just to name a few! Just do not hear that quality anymore!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 02:11:32 PM »
I`m a old soul,classic rock,blues,and oldies listening to mofo.

Todays "music" truly sux .

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »

Garbage.  That mullet crap was horrible.

And.

Lady Crappy could never sing like this

or this:

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2013, 03:46:47 PM »
haha do people even play instruments any more  ??? Cause that's hard but they used to go ahead and learn how anyway :D