Author Topic: all my heroes are scum.  (Read 7540 times)

MikMaq

Re: all my heroes are scum.
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2014, 12:42:48 AM »
Bobby Orr and Bruce Springsteen, two of the most humble guys you'll ever meet.
Not in the same "hero" catagory but Steve Austin is a cool guy too.
agreed.

This what you get for looking up to a man.
You see this is why your people are forever fucked. When a person has self awareness and ambition they tend to compare and contrast themselves with people who are deemed to have merit.

Not sure what people expect. They are just average people with a specific skill set. Without it they'd be working at McDonald's but since they can sing, act or have muscles all of a sudden makes them special. Give a twat money and they just become bigger twats. There's also lots of cool guys who weren't scum. Depends on your hero.
Sorry if my point wasn't clear but what I meant was in contrast to everyday folk I know.

Everyone has faults but you'd think to be moderately successful you have to be able to pull your life together.

I would disown someone for even being in contact with many of these people.

I feel like Ive enter in some strange bizzarro land, where the establishment was right, and all these champions of progress really were in league with the devil.

MikMaq

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 12:45:48 AM »
Biggest letdown of my lifetime was Hulk Hogan. Complete POS.  
Seriously how much were we really expecting out of the guy.

Hes like a burger flipper who couldn't be bother to flip the burgers.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2014, 01:37:21 AM »
You think that's bad? This was my childhood hero

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2014, 01:38:01 AM »

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2014, 01:39:33 AM »
People that worship these people are LESS then scum

x2 gayer than having a hero ::)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2014, 01:42:54 AM »
.best quote ever

MikMaq

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2014, 02:09:34 AM »
.best quote ever
Fuck off with your degenerate nonsense.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2014, 02:11:55 AM »
Fuck off with your degenerate nonsense.

Please refrain from speaking out loud in the future, friend.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2014, 02:17:01 AM »
Brian johnson of ac/dc is a sound man. Was on radio here last week most down to earth person and appreciates his fortune.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2014, 02:26:10 AM »
not all.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2014, 02:28:42 AM »
x2 gayer than having a hero ::)

Exactly. Why idolize someone you know nothing about and who doesn't' even know you exist?
I respect those who have accomplished great things and are talented, but I would never hero worship them.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2014, 02:30:41 AM »
because it is important to have a role model in life

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2014, 02:43:00 AM »
because it is important to have a role model in life

A child's role model should be their parents, not some celeb.
Nothing wrong with aspiring to as good at them in the things they are good at, but don't treat them like idols.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2014, 02:44:29 AM »
Just trying to read Scar tissue, and it just hit me like a ton of bricks.

All of my teenage heroes are fucking scum bags.

Ledzeppelin, RHCP, Arnold, are all a bunch of dirty people.

I know Im a bit old for this kind of statement.

But seriously, rock music, sport, etc have all been ruined.

Good thread, I agree on this one!!

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2014, 02:46:22 AM »
Nothing wrong with aspiring to as good at them in the things they are good at, but don't treat them like idols.

whatabout the kids that have no parents

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2014, 02:53:23 AM »
whatabout the kids that have no parents

Children from broken homes often live difficult lives due to their lack of proper role models growing up.
I think it's always best for a child's development to have a father and mother figure present.

MikMaq

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2014, 02:56:08 AM »
Brian johnson of ac/dc is a sound man. Was on radio here last week most down to earth person and appreciates his fortune.
There descent folk, but there intelligence is lacking and the music shows this.

Compare them with geddy lee, phil Collins, or roger waters.

Don't be a fucking cornball.

Its called ambition, if you wanna be better than you are, compare yourself with those that can be considered better.
My point is so many of these people truly contrast to the idea that they are better, or in other words deserve there success.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2014, 02:58:03 AM »
Just trying to read Scar tissue, and it just hit me like a ton of bricks.

All of my teenage heroes are fucking scum bags.

Ledzeppelin, RHCP, Arnold, are all a bunch of dirty people.

I know Im a bit old for this kind of statement.

But seriously, rock music, sport, etc have all been ruined.

Especially people in life who I knew and thought were great people as a kid.

MikMaq

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2014, 03:00:50 AM »
Children from broken homes often live difficult lives due to their lack of proper role models growing up.
I think it's always best for a child's development to have a father and mother figure present.
Drop this shit, no one is looking to led zeppelin to how they should relate to family members.

This hero worship is context based.

When I want to be a better artists I contrast my life with theirs. On the surface their artistic genius. In reality much of their music is stolen or the influence of massive drug taking.

On the surface youd think they be a tangible example of what it means to be a musician.

Just look at frank zappa, dude was a true musicians, spent most of his money on recordings, lived a completely libertarian lifestyle, demanded the top talent be present etc.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2014, 03:01:41 AM »

Valvolino said it best

Cool vid, I had posters of Greg Valentino on my bedroom wall growing up.

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2014, 03:06:04 AM »
Don't be a fucking cornball.

Its called ambition, if you wanna be better than you are, compare yourself with those that can be considered better.
My point is so many of these people truly contrast to the idea that they are better, or in other words deserve there success.

You don't know these athletes/musicians though. They could be dirty child molesting creeps for all you know (a lot of them were :D).
Be inspired by their talents by all means but don't treat them like Gods.
It's fucking embarrassing when I see someone breaking down in tears whenever they meet a famous celeb.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2014, 03:09:41 AM »
You don't know these athletes/musicians though. They could be dirty child molesting creeps for all you know (a lot of them were :D).
It's fucking embarrassing when I see someone breaking down in tears whenever they meet a famous celeb.

I met the Dali Lama and teared up... The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2014, 03:13:06 AM »

Or worse, when people ask celebrities questions unrelated to their chosen profession. Like asking musicians about their thoughts on conflicts in the middle east. As cringe-worthy as any beauty pageant candidate.

MikMaq

« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2014, 03:14:10 AM »

I don't think you get it, when you have an interest in something you want to get  closer to the source to understand it.

sometimes you can be given very good insights into the work of true genius, and other times(the majority) you learn that some people just get very fucking lucky.

Art is usually a product of multiple things, Roger waters for example seemed to be touching on some heavy shit that make pink Floyd a bit more interesting than youd expect.

Neptune100

• Getbig III
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2014, 03:37:30 AM »
Exactly. Why idolize someone you know nothing about and who doesn't' even know you exist?
I respect those who have accomplished great things and are talented, but I would never hero worship them.

preaching to kids to not have role models ::)  

news flash, kids get attached easily and emotionally to parents and role models alike.  And how many parents are actually fit to be role models to begin with? Seriously, probably a very small percentage.  And the kids who don't have homes, broken homes, one parent figure missing and the million other reasons they shouldn't see their parents as role models and for whatever reason look to a sports figure or whatever. Our society basically promotes and throws role models right into our youth's faces. There is something wrong with you people who think it's the kids fault if the idolize someone... get a real perspective.