Author Topic: 2009 Arnold: Phil Heath to skip the contest  (Read 8913 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
2009 Arnold: Phil Heath to skip the contest
« on: January 12, 2009, 05:54:50 AM »
Phil Heath decides to sit out the 2009 Arnold Classic

by Allan Donnelly

November 24, 2008

www.FLEXONLINE.COM

Prediction time: Phil Heath won't be winning the Arnold Classic in 2009.

No, we haven't soured on The Gift's otherwordly potential, especially not after his third-place finish at the 2008 Olympia, behind only winner Dexter Jackson and runner-up Jay Cutler. It's simply because Heath has decided he will bypass the second-biggest contest in bodybuilding to focus on winning the sport's ultimate title.

"After the Olympia, I definitely feel I could not only place high at the Arnold, I could win it," Heath said. "But my goal is to be Mr. Olympia. I just feel that to continue to improve and satisfy everyone - including myself - I would need another 10 months. I think I can be 240 on stage - dry and hard. But we can't do it in March. I just need that time in the gym."

Heath's announcement comes on the heels of Dennis Wolf's decision to also bypass the Arnold and sit out until the Olympia and Joe Weider's Pro World Cup in Berlin, Germany the following weekend. Those decisions leave 2007 Arnold Classic champ Victor Martinez and fifth-place Olympia finisher Toney Freeman as the early favorites in Columbus come March.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
Re: HEATH TO SKIP THE ARNOLD CLASSIC
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 06:20:48 AM »
gives a chance for others to step up
Thunderdome approved

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 06:45:58 AM »
fool!  why not get a couple of Arnold cheques like Jay?  AMI will give him the O anyway unless some clean slate Ivy leaguer becames a bber.
Oh...Monica!

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 06:57:46 AM »
wtf? Arnold classic pays "alot" so it might even be worth the roids, then take a break until olympia.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 06:58:05 AM »
heath is taking this time off just so he restart his Cycles just in time for the Olympia. Go Phil "don't think you gonna get a 3rd place this year again" Heath

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 07:00:56 AM »
heath is taking this time off just so he restart his Cycles just in time for the Olympia. Go Phil "don't think you gonna get a 3rd place this year again" Heath

...because they'll save that spot for Vic.  No way in hell even if he is lights out AMI will place him ahead of Phil.  Sad.
Oh...Monica!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 07:14:04 AM »
...because they'll save that spot for Vic.  No way in hell even if he is lights out AMI will place him ahead of Phil.  Sad.
i think phil can place ahead of jay and dexte this year. he looked better than both last year, and they will consider 08 mr O phils "paying is dues" and now he could place ahead of hose two as long as he looks as good or better than them.

placing ahead of vic?? well vic is MD and phil is weider/flex... and vic is a felon too.. to idk.. i would bet that is phil is the clear winner, that he'll get the sandow.

anyway that i goes, im sure were going to see some great physiques this year. Kai, victor, branch, dexter, jay, victor, tony F, silvio, phil, moe E ....al these guys should probably imporve this yar..and they all looked phenomenal last year..

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 08:15:06 AM »
i think phil can place ahead of jay and dexte this year. he looked better than both last year, and they will consider 08 mr O phils "paying is dues" and now he could place ahead of hose two as long as he looks as good or better than them.

placing ahead of vic?? well vic is MD and phil is weider/flex... and vic is a felon too.. to idk.. i would bet that is phil is the clear winner, that he'll get the sandow.

anyway that i goes, im sure were going to see some great physiques this year. Kai, victor, branch, dexter, jay, victor, tony F, silvio, phil, moe E ....al these guys should probably imporve this yar..and they all looked phenomenal last year..

Phil is definitely part of the Elite now, but I think he's doing the smart thing. He needs to show up at the Olympia this year with LATS the size of Barn doors. he knows where to make all the adjustments. Let's see what happens in Semptember

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 08:52:06 AM »
My prediction : Phil Heath will never be Mr.Olympia.

Kai Greene will win this arnuld classiq.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 08:55:05 AM »
I think it's a bad move sitting out the Arnold. Have to go after the cash while he's healthy and injury free. In reality 2009? Lets go after the cash. If I were him I'd enter as many pro shows as possible and become the face of Bodybuilding. Just like Flex Wheeler did.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 09:00:44 AM »
I think it's a bad move sitting out the Arnold. Have to go after the cash while he's healthy and injury free. In reality 2009? Lets go after the cash. If I were him I'd enter as many pro shows as possible and become the face of Bodybuilding. Just like Flex Wheeler did.
shit i would think a guy like you who gets 35,000 dollar Christmas bonuses and turns down Angelina Joile in grocery stores wouldn't need the money. ::)

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2009, 09:02:20 AM »

http://www.mrolympia.com/

Complete disrepect of Dex by AMI and Weider.  He is just there for the conversion to smaller physiques which opens the door for Phil.  If you didnt watch bbing...you'd still think jay is mro.   phil's back cant get wider because the clavs wont allow.
Oh...Monica!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2009, 09:03:18 AM »
http://www.mrolympia.com/

Complete disrepect of Dex by AMI and Weider.  He is just there for the conversion to smaller physiques which opens the door for Phil.  If you didnt watch bbing...you'd still think jay is mro.   phil's back cant get wider because the clavs wont allow.
his back can get wider !

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 09:10:31 AM »
his back can get wider !

stop watching the magic show on stage.  in a normal everyday shot...he is an extremely narrow guy.  the back will spread only so far.  Same problem as Flex.

Oh...Monica!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 09:12:58 AM »
the bones themselves cant grow but his lats can hypertophy more on the sides to make them wider.

or......

his back can still grow more to the sides making it wider

ooorrr.........

he can still add extra muscle to his outer lats to make them wider...

etc etc

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2009, 01:12:20 PM »
shit i would think a guy like you who gets 35,000 dollar Christmas bonuses and turns down Angelina Joile in grocery stores wouldn't need the money. ::)
Has nothing to do with me? I just think Phil should do the Arnold because he has a serious chance of winning. There's longevity in BB for very few. Go after the cash while you can. Learn from other pro's mistakes.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: 2009 Arnold: Phil Heath to skip the contest
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »

stop watching the magic show on stage.  in a normal everyday shot...he is an extremely narrow guy.  the back will spread only so far.  Same problem as Flex.

Are you saying that chair has better clavicles?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2009, 01:18:55 PM »

I wouldn't mind looking like that.  :o :o :o :o :o :o

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2009, 01:31:14 PM »

aren't you Flex accountant, mate?