Author Topic: Thinking of moving to Australia  (Read 5235 times)

Max

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
Thinking of moving to Australia
« on: July 22, 2012, 04:11:26 PM »
Anyone here live down under.
Would you reccomend a move there?
I fancy a bit of a change of life and thought a new country could be interesting.
Any ideas on the average house prices?

Is it a bodybuilding/powerlifting friendly country?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Re: Thinking of moving to Australia
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
Ask E-Kul ::)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 04:15:37 PM »
I fancy a bit of a change of life and thought a new country could be interesting.

Expensive , my daughter's boyfriend went for a month and nearly depleted his savings account lol

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 04:22:30 PM »
Average house price about 450 thousand us dollars in most cities higher wages but higher cost of living than most countries, income tax rates are pretty high to, but what makes it so expensive is the hidden taxes on just about anything and everything. Lack of work in the big cities at the moment outside the professional sector, high paid mine jobs are around with fly in fly out arrangments, my advice get in and get out before the mining boom is over, then expect property prices to drop 30 to 40% and their currency to follow in a similar amount, same as the us crash in 2008. Their economy is as reliant on coal iron ore exports as the arabs are oil,  Still better than most places in the world right now.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 04:29:39 PM »

Very friendly ,ask Booty she'll suck you off for a ride to the Expo.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2012, 04:30:30 PM »
 8)Actullay I have been to Sydney nice country. They love Americans

Danjo

• Getbig IV
  • If you're coming on...then come on!
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »
..and Vince Basile will put a couple inches on your arms..with machines so complex it would be easier to reverse engineer a UFO, than than  one of Vince's creations..
H

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 04:34:18 PM »
..and Vince Basile will put a couple inches on your arms..with machines so complex it would be easier to reverse engineer a UFO, than than  one of Vince's creations..
LOL

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 04:37:55 PM »

Have you checked out the points system to see if you have enought points to get in ?
My bro in law failed a couple of years ago. Strict on types of professionals, age, family age, languages spoken, ability to lodge $200,000 as a bond etc.
Doctors scored low a couple of years ago. Accountants scored high. Pro bodybuilders,  not sure about.

http://www.workpermit.com/australia/appraisal_form.htm

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 05:47:36 PM »
Have you checked out the points system to see if you have enought points to get in ?
My bro in law failed a couple of years ago. Strict on types of professionals, age, family age, languages spoken, ability to lodge $200,000 as a bond etc.
Doctors scored low a couple of years ago. Accountants scored high. Pro bodybuilders,  not sure about.

Just get good at this game and write your own ticket.

~

bighead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 10:27:32 PM »
8)Actullay I have been to Sydney nice country. They love Americans

there wil never ever be films like this again, the mad max was spectacular.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 10:29:36 PM »
I miss it a lot, but it has become very expensive in the past few years. The economy seems to keep growing and growing. A crash is inevitable, but it hasn't happened yet.

Depending on what you do for a living you may find it hard to make ends meet in some of the bigger cities. A lot of my friends are working very long hours to try and manage their financial stress. I live in Germany now and the people I've met here who've recently been to Oz have all said "You Australians work much harder than us (but live a lot easier)", so the Aussie attitude is still pretty relaxed for the most part.

Be warned if you do go - you'll find a completely shit very parochial media and many many people who have major smart phone and/or Facebook addictions.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 10:59:32 PM »

Yes I do and in general aussies are very friendly down to earth people, including the bodybuilding/powerlifting community.  There are more opportunities in the USA involving the sport, as that is where the heart of the sport is so just keep this in mind.  I think that if you are open to change then you will enjoy living here.  The cost of living is high but our wages are also higher and if you want good money then the money is in the mining industry.  I would look for work in western australia or queensland for the high wages.  Good luck.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 11:06:13 PM »
  there wil never ever be films like this again, the mad max was spectacular.
Spot on.

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 11:41:48 PM »
Stay where you are

We are full

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 11:48:31 PM »

Just get on a boat in Indonesia, dump all your belongings in the ocean and come go in for a UN sponsored holiday under the UN refugee charter like all the other unwanted future welfare dependants they take.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 01:02:51 AM »
Those kangaroos are badass animals....take care.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 01:03:57 AM »
Those kangaroos are badass animals....take care.

Only towards yanks.   :P

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 01:05:04 AM »
They kick men in the balls...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 01:08:16 AM »
Yes I do and in general aussies are very friendly down to earth people, including the bodybuilding/powerlifting community.  There are more opportunities in the USA involving the sport, as that is where the heart of the sport is so just keep this in mind.  I think that if you are open to change then you will enjoy living here.  The cost of living is high but our wages are also higher and if you want good money then the money is in the mining industry.  I would look for work in western australia or queensland for the high wages.  Good luck.

what's the issue with 30 yrs old and a Visa in Aust, because that little catch-22 killed a potential 100k deal on the table for me, if i had decided to make the jump?  anyway, if i hit your neck of the woods, will you treat like wilmagrant?  i'm not really a phone guy, like to meet my pieces face - face, so you can see i'm a hot afro-latin.  we could work on that tight booty thingy. ;)

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 01:13:42 AM »
Christmas Island is the place to be! or if you really want to see the best of Australia, Palm island is also awesome!
V

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2012, 01:16:54 AM »
Christmas Island is the place to be! or if you really want to see the best of Australia, Palm island is also awesome!
Yeah you are guaranteed citizenship if you get on a boat and come in through the back door.   :-\

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2012, 01:17:35 AM »
They kick men in the balls...
I've been told it's really painful. 

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 01:19:45 AM »
what's the issue with 30 yrs old and a Visa in Aust, because that little catch-22 killed a potential 100k deal on the table for me, if i had decided to make the jump?  anyway, if i hit your neck of the woods, will you treat like wilmagrant?  i'm not really a phone guy, like to meet my pieces face - face, so you can see i'm a hot afro-latin.  we could work on that tight booty thingy. ;)
I think it's easier for a yank to migrate to aussie than for an aussie to migrate to the usa.  One of my best friends married a yank and they set up home here rather than move to the usa.