Author Topic: is the risk of steroids after age 35 still acceptable?  (Read 4498 times)

JK

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: is the risk of steroids after age 35 still acceptable?
« Reply #175 on: Today at 04:16:23 AM »
I say yay, not good for the scalp though.
I would be more worried about my prostate than my hair with constant use of masteron.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #176 on: Today at 05:06:36 AM »
I would be more worried about my prostate than my hair with constant use of masteron.

True from a health point.

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #177 on: Today at 05:13:56 AM »
saw palmetto? worth getting or waste of time?
B

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #178 on: Today at 05:25:57 AM »

Why not just put an R on your forehead in case anyone here doesn't know you are a retard yet

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #179 on: Today at 05:42:26 AM »
Why not just put an R on your forehead in case anyone here doesn't know you are a retard yet

It is supposed to be good for prostate health.

38 returns

• Getbig IV
« Reply #180 on: Today at 05:45:10 AM »

Why don't we put an H on your sons forehead so helicopters can land on it?
B

38 returns

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: Today at 05:47:18 AM »
Brian if i want to learn how to regress i will ask you.

20 years of solid gear use and you look like a swimmer on anavar
B

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #182 on: Today at 07:06:10 AM »

Saw palmetto is supposed to lower your test.

38 returns

• Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: Today at 07:26:25 AM »
thats what i HEARD ironnat

I was interested in peoples experiences with it

Hankins offered nothing

Probably because Spaulding checks his prostate on the daily.
B

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #184 on: Today at 11:33:31 AM »
It doesn't matter if Saw Palmetto lowers test in a drug user obviously.

There is the finasteride which I haven't dared to take. One fella on another forum says do just .25mg mon/wed/fri, that way you can avoid most sides. Usual dose I think is 1mg daily. The discussion was about hair but said it can help prostate too over time. He also said ORAL minoxidil is much more effective than topical. I think I will try this for my beard. I wish I had started some treatment when I started thinning.

bhank may be willing to try the oral minox? It will most likely not restore the hair but would be interesting to see if there was some regrowth.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #185 on: Today at 12:27:31 PM »
Awesome.

Your test must be through the roof.

It is.  Wanna make something of it..? Grrr  >:(

Are they solid shits?

Like baseball bats...
T

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #186 on: Today at 12:28:10 PM »
It is.  Wanna make something of it..? Grrr  >:(

Like baseball bats...

Pics?

:D

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: Today at 12:55:19 PM »

There is the finasteride which I haven't dared to take. One fella on another forum says do just .25mg mon/wed/fri, that way you can avoid most sides. Usual dose I think is 1mg daily. The discussion was about hair but said it can help prostate too over time. He also said ORAL minoxidil is much more effective than topical. I think I will try this for my beard. I wish I had started some treatment when I started thinning.

bhank may be willing to try the oral minox? It will most likely not restore the hair but would be interesting to see if there was some regrowth.

I see there's now also minoxidil mixed with topical finasteride.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #188 on: Today at 01:13:49 PM »
I see there's now also minoxidil mixed with topical finasteride.

Yes there are a number of other compounds too. They are a bit of a gray area legally. I saw someone sell different mixtures here but they had to shut down.

RU58841
Azelaic acid
GHK-Cu
Ketoconazole

etc

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #189 on: Today at 02:50:44 PM »

I'm kind of hesitant to taking it aswell. Thers' those who say it is a "trash hormone" in adult males. Like Hair Cafe on youtube. But idk if you google finasteride side effects there are so many reports of ED issues. That leads me to believe that DHT has some role in sexual function in adult males. But idk, conflicting reports.. alot of people have no sides from finaseride according to them.

Another thing to note, the medecine people take to reduce sebum production in the skin, isotretinoin/accutane, also has effect on the 5 alpha-reductase enzyme(enzyme that finasteride also reduces). That medecine also has alot of people reporting ED.

So the common denominator here is recuction in DHT and then reports of erectile dysfunction.

My thought/conclusion would then be what's the point of attraction more females with better hair and/or skin when you have less interest in sex and erections are weak  :D

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #190 on: Today at 03:10:05 PM »
DHT definitely is very important in terms of sexual function. What scared me are the reports that it can be permanent, persist after you stop. That would suck. For various reasons DHT doesn't build muscle which is why no steroid labs produce it, there is a DHT cream for gynecomastia though. I speculate that DHT might be fantastic for mood boosting, but it's not available really...

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #191 on: Today at 03:28:12 PM »
DHT definitely is very important in terms of sexual function. What scared me are the reports that it can be permanent, persist after you stop. That would suck. For various reasons DHT doesn't build muscle which is why no steroid labs produce it, there is a DHT cream for gynecomastia though. I speculate that DHT might be fantastic for mood boosting, but it's not available really...
I'm thinking it's likely because these medecications may "kill off" the 5α-reductase enzyme permanently.

If I read that correct the steroidal effects on the 5α-reductase enzyme are permanent.
Inhibition of the enzyme can be classified into two categories: steroidal, which are irreversible, and nonsteroidal.

and like you mentioned, DHT does seem to have many desired effects in adult males when it comes to mood
Gynecomastia, erectile dysfunction, impaired cognitive function, fatigue, hypoglycemia, impaired liver function, constipation, and depression, are only a few of the possible side-effects of 5α-reductase inhibition. Long term side effects, that continued even after discontinuation of the drug have been reported.[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5%CE%B1-Reductase