Author Topic: Sweetners  (Read 1315 times)

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
Sweetners
« on: May 07, 2007, 02:24:05 AM »
okay, what are your opinion on different sweetners, like aspartame, splenda or sodium cyclamate? I'd like some opinions based on reports of toxicity, not on taste or anything.Anybody with an educated opinion?
Thanks in advance

Peace
D

Dr. D

• Getbig III
  • Vince and Derek: Match made in GetBig Heaven!
Re: Sweetners
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 09:40:24 AM »
There is a ton of info out there regarding the toxicity of artificial sweeteners.

http://www.truthaboutsplenda.com/

I just finished reading this book:
http://www.mercola.com/sweet-deception-aspartame

Excitotoxins: The Taste that Killsby Dr. Russell Blaylock
( it's a pretty tough read but this guy knows his stuff.)

Plus they are created to make people hungrier and to eat more....

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:19:38 AM »
There is a ton of info out there regarding the toxicity of artificial sweeteners.

http://www.truthaboutsplenda.com/

I just finished reading this book:
http://www.mercola.com/sweet-deception-aspartame

Excitotoxins: The Taste that Killsby Dr. Russell Blaylock
( it's a pretty tough read but this guy knows his stuff.)

Plus they are created to make people hungrier and to eat more....

I seriously doubt they were created for that purpose.
I rather think it's a side effect that is neglected because a) it's hard to proof and b) it's impossible to sue the company for it.

The effect why sweeteners seem to make people more hungry is rather that it makes people crave sweet foods. There's nothing bad in it, the only thing is that people who do not understand nutrition drink half a liter of diet coke and then get sweet cravings, they eat ice cream, chocolate whatever.

I eat sweetener in a Yoghurt mixed with banana, oatmeal, cocoa powder, cinnamon and split almonds. If you ate that, it's impossible to be hungry anymore.  ;D ;D

So it's rather the lack of nutritional knowledge in people than the sweetener itself that leads to eating more. It's a question of self control, too.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 10:30:01 AM »
I seriously doubt they were created for that purpose.
I rather think it's a side effect that is neglected because a) it's hard to proof and b) it's impossible to sue the company for it.

The effect why sweeteners seem to make people more hungry is rather that it makes people crave sweet foods. There's nothing bad in it, the only thing is that people who do not understand nutrition drink half a liter of diet coke and then get sweet cravings, they eat ice cream, chocolate whatever.

I eat sweetener in a Yoghurt mixed with banana, oatmeal, cocoa powder, cinnamon and split almonds. If you ate that, it's impossible to be hungry anymore.  ;D ;D

So it's rather the lack of nutritional knowledge in people than the sweetener itself that leads to eating more. It's a question of self control, too.

Most artificial sweetners has resulted in more complaints to the FDA due to side effects than any food additive in FDA history. Must tell you something there.
As for making you hungrier, they do. Artificial sweetners tell your taste buds that , " sweet stuff has arrived," which to the brain means, " nutrition has arrived." When the artificially sweetened drink or food reaches the small intestine, the receptors find no nutrition. A message is sent back to the brain saying, " There is nothing here, we've been tricked." The appestat (the part of your brain that triggers satiety) sends a message to " keep eating because we need nutrition to help process all this fake food and run our body."
 I see it a lot with people who drink diet sodas all the time. They live off of it, they are addicted. They can't get off the stuff because the neurotoxic effects. Food companies put chemicals in your food to make you hungrier so you will buy more.....

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 10:33:58 AM »
Most artificial sweetners has resulted in more complaints to the FDA due to side effects than any food additive in FDA history. Must tell you something there.
As for making you hungrier, they do. Artificial sweetners tell your taste buds that , " sweet stuff has arrived," which to the brain means, " nutrition has arrived." When the artificially sweetened drink or food reaches the small intestine, the receptors find no nutrition. A message is sent back to the brain saying, " There is nothing here, we've been tricked." The appestat (the part of your brain that triggers satiety) sends a message to " keep eating because we need nutrition to help process all this fake food and run our body."
 I see it a lot with people who drink diet sodas all the time. They live off of it, they are addicted. They can't get off the stuff because the neurotoxic effects. Food companies put chemicals in your food to make you hungrier so you will buy more.....

Oh i didn't know that. I live in europe, we haven't got that problem here.

Ok, i agree witrh the second one.

Dr. D

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 10:44:33 AM »
Oh i didn't know that. I live in europe, we haven't got that problem here.

Ok, i agree witrh the second one.

It's all good. It just people easily believe this stuff is good for you and better than sugar. Yes, sugar is bad for you but this stuff is worse. They make great efforts in marketing saying, " Made from sugar, so it taste like sugar." But after the sugar has been treated with chemicals like trityl chloride, acetic anhydride, hydrogen chlorine, and methanol in the presence of dangerous chemicals like dimethylformamide, which is a raw for of formaldehyde, it is anything but a sugar molecule. Nowhere in nature is there any form of sugar that remotely resembles properties known as sucralose. These products are not natural, nor is it real sugar. It isn't even close!!!

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 01:31:25 PM »
It's all good. It just people easily believe this stuff is good for you and better than sugar. Yes, sugar is bad for you but this stuff is worse. They make great efforts in marketing saying, " Made from sugar, so it taste like sugar." But after the sugar has been treated with chemicals like trityl chloride, acetic anhydride, hydrogen chlorine, and methanol in the presence of dangerous chemicals like dimethylformamide, which is a raw for of formaldehyde, it is anything but a sugar molecule. Nowhere in nature is there any form of sugar that remotely resembles properties known as sucralose. These products are not natural, nor is it real sugar. It isn't even close!!!

Ok, i thought it was totally clear the stuff isn't natural.