Author Topic: WTF? Umaga released  (Read 2326 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
WTF? Umaga released
« on: June 08, 2009, 03:57:21 PM »
from wwe.com
World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of SmackDown Superstar Umaga as of today, June 8, 2009. WWE wishes Umaga the best in all future endeavors.

This sucks. I thought he was great. haha i can see it now "What's Samoa Steve doing in the Impact Zone?"

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: WTF? Umaga released
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 05:29:36 PM »
What!?!?!?  Why the hell have they released Umaga?  He's one of the few guys they've got that's completely individual.  He's big, strong, agile.  Is this gonna be something the same as Kennedy?  Has he been disrespecting people backstage?

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 04:03:40 AM »
This is yet more proof that Vince doesn't like injury prone and fragile guys. Watch...Mysterio will be next. It will never happen to Batista as he is to big with the fans.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 06:41:22 AM »
This is yet more proof that Vince doesn't like injury prone and fragile guys. Watch...Mysterio will be next. It will never happen to Batista as he is to big with the fans.

Mark Henry should have been dumped years ago then!   ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 07:20:05 AM »
Mark Henry should have been dumped years ago then!   ;D
I wouldn't be surprised. Mark my words...the next two to go are Candice Michelle and Ray Mysterio.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 08:19:42 AM »
I don't know about Rey. He sells a lot of merchandise and brings in a big hispanic audience, which supposedly is part of the reason they moved him to Smackdown. The kids love him too which is big now that they are putting out a more kid friendly product.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 09:05:56 AM »
I don't know about Rey. He sells a lot of merchandise and brings in a big hispanic audience, which supposedly is part of the reason they moved him to Smackdown. The kids love him too which is big now that they are putting out a more kid friendly product.

Agree.  I think merchandise alone will keep Rey in a job. 

I wouldn't be surprised. Mark my words...the next two to go are Candice Michelle and Ray Mysterio.

Candice Michelle's days are definitely numbered.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 04:33:39 AM »
Kennedy & Umaga will wind up in TNA or Japan.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 07:42:13 AM »
Kennedy & Umaga will wind up in TNA or Japan.

I think TNA will definitely be on the cards.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 08:54:25 AM »
LOL..."kid friendly".....bring back the "attitude era"!! I miss Stone Cold kicking ass, diving off zamboni's & drinking beer. :)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 08:59:41 AM »
LOL..."kid friendly".....bring back the "attitude era"!! I miss Stone Cold kicking ass, diving off zamboni's & drinking beer. :)

Agreed.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 04:07:54 AM »
Rey is staying. Out of the entire roster he'd be one of the biggest losses in revenue.
The latest rumour regarding Ray is that he's been pulled off all house shows....hinting he either is being released or he failed the Wellness policy. Keep in mind the Wellness policy is for all drugs and not just steroids.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 10:04:11 AM »
Update on Umaga...

As reported on WWE.com on Monday, June 8, 2009, WWE Superstar Umaga (Edward Fatu) has been released from his World Wrestling Entertainment contract. However, consistent with the practice of announcing wellness policy violations, it should be noted that Umaga's termination was due to his second violation of the WWE Wellness Program and his subsequent refusal to attend a rehabilitation facility

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2009, 09:07:20 AM »
Rey is staying. Out of the entire roster he'd be one of the biggest losses in revenue.

Rey ain't going nowhere. 34 years old and still flying high. The poor guy has had like 8 knee operations. If he wrestled without those baggy pants, you would notice that he wrestles with an enourmous knee brace on both knees.

Met him a couple of times in public. Once at an after hours club at 3am while he was high as a kite on esctasy with Konnan and another time at a gold's gym the day before a PPV in Baltimore. Awesome guy who always makes himself available to the fans.

Much respect to the great Rey Mysterio.....