Author Topic: My Gun Rant...  (Read 1798 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: My Gun Rant...
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »
How many American men, women and children have to be shot to death before we are willing to admit that the fantasy of the concealed carrier will not win the day? How long before the notion of the heroic vigilante, seated in the back of the theater, perched behind the counter of the supermarket or quietly taking notes in the back of the class, will emerge to stop the madness and, finally, like the reality of shooting-victims, be put to rest?

Even if this were to happen half the time, it wouldn’t be mathematically sufficient. Are you honestly willing to let some of your own family members be shot to death so that an armed bystander can ‘set things straight’ in then end?  It should pain everyone that it NEVER happens doubly so. But it never does. Just as sure as the “thoughts and prayers” will go out to the victims, time after time after time, we can rest assured that nothing will ever be done. No thoughts changed nor laws enacted. ‘Freedom’ is working and, once we get these bodies off of aisle 6 or cleared from campus, we can get back to business, start classes back up and go right back to believing it. Otherwise, if we don’t have enough guns and ammo to give to every nutjob who has ‘been acting strangely’ but is exercising his ‘god-given right’ to blow the brains out of unarmed civilians, the gubment will come for us and kill us all.  At this rate, I’ll take my chances with the government. How many civilians has the English military and police put away compared to American mass murderers?

I mean this not as a rhetorical rant, but I would literally like your acceptable body count. USA Today notes that 25,423 murders by gunfire took place in the United States in 2006 through 2007, which is more than half the population of my hometown. I wonder if the people of my hometown would be willing to lose half of their friends and family, or even one, for our absolute unnecessary right to own guns with little or no oversight.

Let’s dabble in counterfactual thinking. For a moment, suspend your known history of the United States. Just for a moment, pretend that the Founding Fathers saw no point in allowing every citizen to legally own a firearm and instead forbade in the Constitution. Let’s say we were arguing to get it an amendment LEGALIZING firearms  because that had never existed before. For our argument, we can refer to a country called X. X is the actual America you know today, where gun violence is raging and, each week, another killing spree emerges in the news. (Some might argue that this is not really a counterfactual argument in the theoretical , but is known as that perspective which is the rest of the world but not American, but I digress.) Would any politician in his or her right mind actually make this argument? Of course not. It is absurd on its face. Such is the madness of our current state, where, dead bod after dead body, the ‘thoughts and prayers go out to the victims’. It is time our politicians, and we ourselves, gave more than lip service and did something about the problem. I want some protection; you can save your thoughts and prayers.

pro nitrousADRL

• Getbig III
  • put more nitrous on that, it still has spark plugs
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 03:35:14 PM »
people kill people.
down with hussein

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 03:36:32 PM »
^^

love it!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 04:10:45 PM »
people kill people.

lol thats pretty funny

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 11:23:08 PM »
people kill people.
Hahahah

queer bear bottom bitch, a response???

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2012, 11:25:14 PM »
Hahahah

queer bear bottom bitch, a response???

He can't respond because he's easily influenced, and extremely near sighted.

I know about six veterans, and I don't know how he could stand them and how they stood him! lol

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2012, 11:29:03 PM »
LOL "spoons made me fat"!!!

hahhahaha thats some funny as shit

its the same shit with all the libtards, the ends justify the means...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 11:23:17 AM »
in a perfect world - with a non-corrupt govt filled with people we KNOW would never enslave the population...

in a perfect world - where criminals didn't exist and people weren't killed daily for no reason at all, just walking to work or sitting in the park....

in a perfect world - where all public places have armed security guards...

We don't need gun permits in that world.  But since we don't live there, we need permits, we need to be an armed society.  Japan woudl never invade the USA because they knew there'd be a man with a rifle hiding behind every blade of grass. 

Keeps em honest!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 01:22:37 PM »

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 01:34:42 PM »
If guns were somehow self animating, going around killing people I'd be all for a full on ban.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 01:41:46 PM »
I know this is the typical ignorant response, but seriously...

If people have such an irrational problem with our 2nd Amendment, our lack of socialized medicine, etc...

Instead of fundamentally changing the last bastion of freedom in the world, fucking everyone here over, why don't you simply consider immigrating to Canada?  It's basically the same, yet they lack these essential rights and freedoms that you so hate.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »

If people have such an irrational problem with our 2nd Amendment, our lack of socialized medicine, etc...

Instead of fundamentally changing the last bastion of freedom in the world, fucking everyone here over, why don't you simply consider immigrating to Canada?  It's basically the same, yet they lack these essential rights and freedoms that you so hate.
some idiots would rather piss and moan about the "rights" of a small % of the public they percieve to be violated.

They have a desire stemming from self rightous envy combined that causes them to look down on others and believe they know better than others...

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2012, 07:53:30 AM »

OK. Good point.

Have they been taken over?

Is it Nazi Germany there?

G

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2012, 08:05:58 AM »
OK. Good point.

Have they been taken over?

Is it Nazi Germany there?

That is not the point. the right to bear arms is in the bill or rights, it is the law of the land. That applies to the state and national level. The is a process to amend the constitution, trying to circumvent it with more unconstitutional laws is to put it bluntly un-American. He is saying if you are don't like the laws of the land there are other countries that may better suit you.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2012, 02:56:12 AM »
And if you dont want to pay taxes there is other countries more suited to you.

Does that mean we cant discuss lowering taxes in the US?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2012, 04:31:33 AM »
Well since it only took 2 pages to invoke Goodwins law..............

And you have cited an example of the constitution being amended, 16th.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2012, 05:06:09 AM »
Well since it only took 2 pages to invoke Goodwins law..............

And you have cited an example of the constitution being amended, 16th.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Does that mean you should fuck of if you dont like taxes?

And what value does a doc from 1778 have when your kid just got its brain blown out at a Batman movie?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2012, 05:25:02 AM »
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

And what value does a doc from 1778 have when your kid just got its brain blown out at a Batman movie?

You really take the cake for being the most uninformed, idiotic, delusional, uneducated, brain dead, brain washed, moron on this board. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2012, 05:35:34 AM »

No it means the government can collect tax, and the 16th amendment is specific to income tax. If you don't like the the tax rate since it is not specified, you vote for those who will lower it. The 2nd amendment is crystal clear, and tying to write laws to circumvent it is unconstitutional end of story.

What value does a doc for 1778 hold, gee apparently free speech is a pretty big deal. Hell I can site instances of people offing themselves because of speech. Should we limit that one as well? Or maybe the government should be able to create and force all of us into a religion? Perhaps they should just be able to search your house and take your shit for no reason.............
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ