Author Topic: Well it turns out James Holmes was seeing a psychiatrist.  (Read 10340 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Well it turns out James Holmes was seeing a psychiatrist.
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »
Correct.
People that REALLY need SSRI's will more than likely react just fine.
However, the problem is that docs have been prescribing them to all kinds of people that dont need them, for reasons that they were never approved for, and if you dont have a legitimate depression issue, they can cause all kinds of unexpected side effects.

My mother was prescribed an SSRI for anxiety - it made her psychotic. She had to stop taking them.
My wife and I have both had our doctors try and prescribe us SSRI's, neither of us will take them.
Docs are out of control with these things - anytime anyone complains of any mood issues, they try and hand them out like candy.

My psychiatrist tried to prescribe me SSRI's when I was going through my addiction treatment, told me they'd "Help out my moods while I was detoxing". I told him to shove it, I wasnt taking that shit.

Its a major problem.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2012, 06:22:19 PM »
cool hugo, thanks.   all it did was make me fat and sleepy.  maybe less anxious, less ocd ticks. 

I jsut didn't like the loss of creativity and all that. ...  but then again, i'm not batshit crazy like some ppl on them.  who konws how it affects them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2012, 06:41:00 PM »
I am sure there are ppl who are batshit crazy who use this SSRI and get batshit crazier.

maybe this 'dont give a fck' attitude lets them do something they've been holding back.  shit just made me sleepy.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2012, 07:03:14 PM »
This is fucked up... This is probably in 3333's police state thread.  If not it should be:  Check this shit out:

Ten hour siege, a SWAT team and a TANK: How police dealt with mother who refused to give her child prescribed pyschotropic drugs.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2012, 07:05:55 PM »
This is fucked up... This is probably in 3333's police state thread.  If not it should be:  Check this shit out:

Ten hour siege, a SWAT team and a TANK: How police dealt with mother who refused to give her child prescribed pyschotropic drugs.

really am speechless watching that.   disgusting.   bitches w badges.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2012, 07:06:50 PM »
This is fucked up... This is probably in 3333's police state thread.  If not it should be:  Check this shit out:

I'm okay with it, if the woman was a registered democrat.  woodchippers, the whole lot of them.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2012, 07:17:38 PM »
really am speechless watching that.   disgusting.   bitches w badges.

Yep... and psychiatry is a fucking sham!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »
Yep... and psychiatry is a fucking sham!
I think a good portion of it is.  I'm sure there are some doctors out there that do help people but half the shit the field has come up with in the last 100 years is total bunk.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2012, 07:22:55 PM »
there are some people out there who need to be coddled like that.  shrinks make a good living coddling them.

personally, i think 8 ounces of rum and a BJ is the cure for depression.  Literally impossible to get a strong buzz, a 12 minute upside down BJ, and not feel awesome. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2012, 07:23:22 PM »
I think a good portion of it is.  I'm sure there are some doctors out there that do help people but half the shit the field has come up with in the last 100 years is total bunk.

Trying to determine what makes anyone do what they do based upon most criteria is complete shit.

I really hate the premise of just shoving drugs at people... Psychiatry has decided that drugs will solve everything.

::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2012, 07:27:28 PM »
Trying to determine what makes anyone do what they do based upon most criteria is complete shit.

I really hate the premise of just shoving drugs at people... Psychiatry has decided that drugs will solve everything.

totally agree.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2012, 07:28:50 PM »
there are some people out there who need to be coddled like that.  shrinks make a good living coddling them.

personally, i think 8 ounces of rum and a BJ is the cure for depression.  Literally impossible to get a strong buzz, a 12 minute upside down BJ, and not feel awesome. 
Hell, just the BJ usually does the trick ;D  All day long happy pill right there.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2012, 08:11:59 PM »
This thread is missing an entire page for some reason!!!

" ::)"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2012, 08:45:58 PM »
This thread is missing an entire page for some reason!!!

" ::)"

Can't imagine why.