Author Topic: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?  (Read 163094 times)

UnholyAlliance

• Getbig II
Re: Tony Romo (Dallas Cowboys)....WTF?
« Reply #100 on: August 14, 2014, 07:03:52 PM »
Ahh Romo the Homo...he's been pretty dismal the past few seasons

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #101 on: August 14, 2014, 07:33:20 PM »
I am from Dallas and I have seen him play week in and week out his entire career and I can say for every game he has shit the bed in spectacular fashion he has won another game or 2 in spectacular fashion.

And therein lies Tony Romo. The ultimate gunslinger.

I would not put him on the list of the all time greats or anything like that but he does have the statistics to back up that position.

His 95.8 quarterback rating puts him 5th all time which is extremely impressive so he does have that going for him.

Wow......so 95.8 gets you $120M in Cowboyland.

fuckin' eh!

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #102 on: August 14, 2014, 07:51:33 PM »

im not a tony romo fan. i think hes talented. i think he gets a lot of the losses he takes hung on him unjustly. i watched that game w denver. that last INT he threw his reciever didnt run his route correctly. he came under, he was supposed to go over. but romo gets crucified case he gave the ball up. again.

i think he 'could be' a top tier qb in the nfl. his problem isnt his physical attributes, hes extremely agile and has a terrific arm. his problem is that when he starts to lose control he cannot maintain his composure. guys like TB and PM can function and perform under extreme stress and pressure. ive seen TB throw an INT with minutes left in a game they were already losing. romo would have been on the sidelines throwing his helmet chewing the fuck out of his receiver for running a blown route cause that cost them the game. TB went to the bench sat by himself, looked at the printouts. went back out w :40 left. orchestrated a drive that saw them going into OT and eventually winning.

THAT is what make guys like peyton, and brady great. and that is why tony romo is unrealised potential. you cant teach a guy that. you either can perform under duress or you cant. tony romo cant. he has all the physical attributes in the world to be great. moreso than peyton. but he doesnt have it upstairs.

there are literally thousands of scratch golfers good enough to play on the Tour. but mentally they cant handle it. some the stress of the cameras. some the pressure of needing to win in front of millions.

being great at something is as much an exercise in mental capabilities than physical.
b

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2014, 07:54:32 PM »

im not a tony romo fan. i think hes talented. i think he gets a lot of the losses he takes hung on him unjustly. i watched that game w denver. that last INT he threw his reciever didnt run his route correctly. he came under, he was supposed to go over. but romo gets crucified case he gave the ball up. again.

i think he 'could be' a top tier qb in the nfl. his problem isnt his physical attributes, hes extremely agile and has a terrific arm. his problem is that when he starts to lose control he cannot maintain his composure. guys like TB and PM can function and perform under extreme stress and pressure. ive seen TB throw an INT with minutes left in a game they were already losing. romo would have been on the sidelines throwing his helmet chewing the fuck out of his receiver for running a blown route cause that cost them the game. TB went to the bench sat by himself, looked at the printouts. went back out w :40 left. orchestrated a drive that saw them going into OT and eventually winning.

THAT is what make guys like peyton, and brady great. and that is why tony romo is unrealised potential. you cant teach a guy that. you either can perform under duress or you cant. tony romo cant. he has all the physical attributes in the world to be great. moreso than peyton. but he doesnt have it upstairs.

there are literally thousands of scratch golfers good enough to play on the Tour. but mentally they cant handle it. some the stress of the cameras. some the pressure of needing to win in front of millions.

being great at something is as much an exercise in mental capabilities than physical.

I agree but I don't think Peyton is very good under pressure , Eli is but not Peyton

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2014, 08:02:20 PM »
I agree but I don't think Peyton is very good under pressure , Eli is but not Peyton

i understand your hesitation to look to peyton as being clutch given his playoff career. fuck who wouldnt. its a shame his legacy will be determined by what he couldnt do, rather than by his attributes and skill set.

on any given day if i had a game to win, and :60 seconds to win it, the only 2 qb's i would give the ball to in the NFL would be peyton and brady. brees would air it out hoping for the best, hes not a drive orchestrator hes a throw the ball up and let his receivers do their job qb. rodgers i like. but i wouldnt put him as far up as PM or TM. whos left?

b

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »
The only thing I could find was this: http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/74796/the-two-faces-of-tony-romo

Since 2006 Tony Romo has led the NFL with 8 interceptions in the 4th quarter when the score is within seven points.  Who is next with 7 interceptions apiece?  Matt "Matty Ice" Ryan and Mr Clutch himself, Tom Brady

Romo was always a "Bill Parcells guy"

He was an undrafted free agent who was a basic unknown for 2 years while sitting on the bench. Nobody knew who he was.

But Parcells kept him on the roster without ever seeing him throw a pass in a real game because he just seen something in him.

I can even remember hearing on the radio during preseason... "What's the quarterback situation? Are they going cut this third string guy Romo or keep him around?" And the answer was always "Bill sees something in him so they will keep him on the roster"

It really is a shame that Parcells left the organization because it looked like he was really starting to turn things around.

Of course with Jerry Jones it's all about ego.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2014, 11:23:36 PM »
Romo was always a "Bill Parcells guy"

He was an undrafted free agent who was a basic unknown for 2 years while sitting on the bench. Nobody knew who he was.

But Parcells kept him on the roster without ever seeing him throw a pass in a real game because he just seen something in him.

I can even remember hearing on the radio during preseason... "What's the quarterback situation? Are they going cut this third string guy Romo or keep him around?" And the answer was always "Bill sees something in him so they will keep him on the roster"

It really is a shame that Parcells left the organization because it looked like he was really starting to turn things around.

Of course with Jerry Jones it's all about ego.

U have Terrell Owens to thank for that

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 14, 2014, 11:25:19 PM »
U have Terrell Owens to thank for that

That dude was poison for a team.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #108 on: September 07, 2014, 02:38:04 PM »
As noted earlier... Romo is terrible. Just terrible.
a

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: September 07, 2014, 02:42:04 PM »

Well that's what happens when u are forced to make plays and depend on your offense only

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #110 on: September 07, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »
cowboys suck big fat donkey dick!!

:'( :'( :'( :'(
A

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 07, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »
cowboys suck big fat donkey dick!!

:'( :'( :'( :'(

But we already knew that coming into this season

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #112 on: September 07, 2014, 02:51:15 PM »
28-3 3 Romo picks. Hahahaha

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: September 07, 2014, 03:10:39 PM »

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #114 on: September 07, 2014, 03:16:58 PM »
23? 24? 25? Years of shitty cowgirl years? Americas team ::)

Dees nigus is gay

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: September 07, 2014, 03:52:35 PM »
23? 24? 25? Years of shitty cowgirl years? Americas team ::)

Dees nigus is gay

If they aren't then who is?

As bad as they have been they are still the most valuable franchise in the NFL.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #116 on: September 07, 2014, 03:54:02 PM »
as much as i hate manziel, he'd be way more entertaining as teh DAL QB right now.

sad to see Romo, Eli, and others get worse with age.   Derek anderson (cam newton backup in CAROLINA) looking great against TB defense with lovie smith coaching.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2014, 04:31:22 PM »
he's a marketable name.  he is a 'stable enough' QB.  he's an insanely talented athlete, he's just not bright or all that focused.  he is good enough for 12-14 years of keeping it together.  And on any given sunday, he *could* put it together and win.  He pushed manning hard last year in shootouts.  75% of the QBs in the league can't shoot it out like him, maybe more.

he's a safe choice for QB.  May never win the big one, may never get there, but might get lucky one year.  Favre only won it once, and he was much better than Romo, it was every year losing to 49ers or Cowboys. 

This

He's a below average QB and passing on Manziel  will haunt jerry jones for his entire
Life and lead to his eventual suicide

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2014, 04:34:56 PM »
Am I missing something here?

Yes my friend, your anabolic window. You simply care too much...

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #119 on: September 07, 2014, 04:38:25 PM »
Well that's what happens when u are forced to make plays and depend on your offense only

Defense played pretty well today. Romo and Demarco killed them with those early turnovers.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: September 07, 2014, 04:39:55 PM »
Defense played pretty well today. Romo and Demarco killed them with those early turnovers.

True but the mentality of the team is still offense minded and relying/pressure all on romo to make big plays and carry the team

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #121 on: September 07, 2014, 05:13:50 PM »
True but the mentality of the team is still offense minded and relying/pressure all on romo to make big plays and carry the team

They shouldn't anymore. Romo was throwing ducks all game. He might be done.

All that money for a QB that can't throw a spiral past 10 yards. Makes me sick to be a Cowboys fan.

Bevo

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: September 07, 2014, 05:52:26 PM »

All that money for a QB that can't throw a spiral past 10 yards. Makes me sick to be a Cowboys fan.

Romo will be alright , just rusty

Yeah the 3 int and fumble killed them though

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: September 07, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »

I gotta agree.

Not to say that Romo IS done.

But the possibility is certainly there.

34 years old coming off a back surgery....Of course, you'll get the same old "Romo sucks" responses from the peanut gallery on here after he throws 3 picks in a game but something just looked physically off with him today.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #124 on: September 07, 2014, 07:26:55 PM »
Yes my friend, your anabolic window. You simply care too much...

Finally someone brings some sense into this very very gay thread....