Author Topic: lamb recipes?  (Read 899 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
lamb recipes?
« on: March 17, 2007, 05:39:40 PM »
I wanted to ask you guys here about ways to prep some lamb to remove most of the "game" taste but still keep a little of the distinguishable flavor. I know getbiggers like to eat the meats so I felt it a fair question. I'd love to know a few good ways to cook some if you're in the know.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: lamb recipes?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 08:52:43 PM »
MidniteRambo is the meat experimenter around here.  He might have some ideas.
:

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:13:51 PM »
Well, I'm no Corbin Bernson but...

In my experience, some cuts of lamb are just too gamey, usually the cheaper ones like shoulder.  Chops and "french cutlets" are more expensive but taste better.  You could try asking your butcher for a lamb loin too.

Pan fried with salt, pepper and fresh mint leaves (added about 1/2 way through) is easy and tasty.  I fried up a loin with "Moroccan spices" (ok, that was out of a jar), onion and tomatoes not too long ago and had it with couscous.  That was gooood.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 12:56:53 PM »
This recipe gets everyone excited when I cook lamb,

1- boneless leg of lamb - butterflied cut and trimmed of lots of the fat.

blend the following in a food processor:
2 sprigs rosemary ( Just the leaves. not the stalk )
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 olive oil
1/4 cup dijon
6 cloves of garlic
a few sprigs of mint

take the blended paste and rub it all over the lamb, put a little extra on the inside.  Roll it up and tie it tight with butcher string and put into a ziploc in the fridge overnight.

Next day remove and let sit on counter for about 30 minutes to get to room temperature.

Get your grill on HIGH and slap this down, 1/4 flip every 4 minutes.  The whole outside should be nice and crusty.  Bring it in and let it rest for 15 minutes, slice and enjoy. 

This recipe is delicious!

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 03:32:39 PM »
Traditionally lamb goes well with rosemary.  If you are having lamb chops, just season with salt, pepper and rosemary and cook.

One of my favourite lamb dishes is Lamb Shanks cook in the oven with a bottle of red wine, rosemary, thyme, garlic, a carrot and a onion...if cooked slowly enough the meat is so tender and just falls of the bone  :o