Author Topic: Pec tear consequences  (Read 11365 times)

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
Re: Pec tear consequences
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2008, 03:18:46 PM »
how long after something like occurs can you still have it reattached?
Air Falcon

EwaBeachBoy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2008, 03:24:47 PM »
There is a guy named Jerome Dinh who sufferred from a pec tear just a few months ago who had written a blog regarding this. Read his journal:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110618671

"you need to get surgery ASAP! I had mine done yesterday(11 days after the tear) and the doc said the muscle and tendon was already starting to attach..in the wrong area!"

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2008, 03:58:57 PM »
didn't hurt this stud too bad 8)

E
E

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2008, 05:09:15 PM »
I tore one ten years ago. I always hated benching but i had started competiting in powerlifting and my deads and squats were very strong. Never got it fixed. Took years before i could do a wide variety of exercises on chest although it's ok now i train a little lighter and slow the reps down.

Have a hole in the chest, not as bad as the guy in the pic. Mine doesn't go as far in and is deeper. It hasn't got any worse. Yes i heard 3 cracks in the pec as i went down with the weight. The tear mainly happened because of overtraining, i had a powerlifting coach tell me i should bench twice a week but being young i wanted to do everything else as well so it all added up.

Learnt a lot though. Haven't had any major injuries since, no bad back, no bad knees, stuffed my elbows when i was 17 doing heavy tri extensions but lifting lighter and slower for a while fixed them up. Sometimes you need a wake up call to learn your limits.

Thank you for the serious reply.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2008, 10:54:32 PM »
i will tear some teen asses this weekend.

Send a few over my way.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 10:58:30 PM »
adorthus cherry never got his fixed and it hasnt gotten worse.. i dont thnk it gets worse.. tony freemans hasnt gotten worse... markus rhuls slowly seperated now it looks better.. idk.. pec tears do look fucked up and ruin your upper body poses but what can you do ? not much.. just keep training and try not to worry too much about it.. however if a bodybuilder does get a pec tear its probably a good idea to start thinking about another source of income... again exceptions are made for some but definitely your going to do much better without that pec tear..pecs are huge for getting good callouts and comparisons.. first thing they see when you walk out..

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »
do people usually tear their pecs while bench pressing?