Author Topic: How long until the drama starts with TO ?  (Read 4648 times)

body88

How long until the drama starts with TO ?
« on: February 22, 2007, 03:41:53 PM »
How long until Phillips and TO are at odds?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
Re: How long until the drama starts with TO ?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:43:54 AM »
We have to see if he'll be on the roster first. He's due a roster bonus in March and Jerry Jones has to decide whether to pay it or let him go.

Personally, I believe TO will be a cowboy in '07. How many more chances can he get if he has to go elsewhere? He'll be 34 in December and he can't keep laying at high a level forever. Father time will catch up to him eventually.

Furthermore, look for a lot of passes to be thrown his way with Jason Garrett running the offense. Wade Phillips is more of a defensive guy so he'll be all over that unit.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 12:00:11 AM »
Man... They won't be at odds... Jones has already shown that TO is more important to the Cowboys (in his eyes) than the head coach is... Nope... TO is running the show now... you can bet on it.

There's no way TO won't be a Cowboy in 07... Why do you think Parcell's is gone?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 09:59:50 AM »
The bizarre part of it is that unless he cures the physical and mental probs that led to an incredible number of drops, he's not nearly as valuable as he was just a year ago.

I do think though, that with a different offense, more throws (he should be getting 10 a game) and more passes in the intermediate range the way he was used in Philly that allows him running room, he'll be more involved mentally and probably more reliable. Basically i think he's more effective used as a slotback, which emphasizes his great running ability after the catch.

That's assuming the hand injury problem's clear up sufficiently.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 10:10:47 AM »
Keep in mind that although he led the NFL in drops, he also led the NFL in TD catches. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 10:17:24 AM »
Keep in mind that although he led the NFL in drops, he also led the NFL in TD catches. 

That's misleading don't you think? He was the focus of the offense. Besides which, I think drops like that hurt more than those TD catches helped.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 10:20:10 AM »
Would love to see Dallas trade for Randy Moss..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 10:31:33 AM »
That's misleading don't you think? He was the focus of the offense. Besides which, I think drops like that hurt more than those TD catches helped.

Depends.  I am not in any way, shape, or form defending that terd, but he is still a very potent weapon on the field, when he's not yelling at his teammates, cussing out his coordinator on the field, dissing his QB, spitting in opponents' faces, involved in near-suicide incidents, accusing his coaches of stabbing him in the back, and making a complete fool of himself in public.   :)

Dallas was a run dominated offense this past season.  And T.O. was the leading receiver, but not by much (85 for him, 70 for Glenn).  That makes his TD numbers pretty impressive. 

BUT, I agree his drops were a killer.  I saw him drop at least two TD passes and a number of first down passes.  I don't think his talent outweighs his bizarre behavior anymore. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 08:03:55 PM »
Depends.  I am not in any way, shape, or form defending that terd, but he is still a very potent weapon on the field, when he's not yelling at his teammates, cussing out his coordinator on the field, dissing his QB, spitting in opponents' faces, involved in near-suicide incidents, accusing his coaches of stabbing him in the back, and making a complete fool of himself in public.   :)

Dallas was a run dominated offense this past season.  And T.O. was the leading receiver, but not by much (85 for him, 70 for Glenn).  That makes his TD numbers pretty impressive. 

BUT, I agree his drops were a killer.  I saw him drop at least two TD passes and a number of first down passes.  I don't think his talent outweighs his bizarre behavior anymore. 

That's what i said; if he cures the injury and mental probs and actually catches the ball and is used more effectively, then he would be great, much better than last year.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 06:24:52 PM »
Would love to see Dallas trade for Randy Moss..

What do you think he's worth, tradewise?

body88

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 06:46:14 PM »

2 towel boys, 15 packs of pop rox, a fun dip and 100 bucks in change  ;)   Kidding

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 07:27:24 PM »

Somewhere in between; he's languished on an unstable team with poor talent and coaching. Some would remember and want to see if that great player's still there in a different context.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 09:11:51 AM »
Somewhere in between; he's languished on an unstable team with poor talent and coaching. Some would remember and want to see if that great player's still there in a different context.

What's that supposed to mean? I asked you by way of player exchange and/or draft picks in order to get the deal done.

I personally think Moss to the Cowboys would be quite intriguing. Given Jerry Jones' perchant for over spending and habit of mortgaging the future for established players, I would think this is a deal he would consider doing.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 12:09:20 PM »
What's that supposed to mean? I asked you by way of player exchange and/or draft picks in order to get the deal done.

Exact numbers are completely pointless to try to specify, something like analysts being asked before a game to forecast the exact score. Just pointless. The price will be determined by supply & demand at the time of the transaction, there's no way to know before then. It will be influenced by multiple factors including the needs of the  teams at the time.

Would love to see him in Dallas though, given that they already have 2 good receivers, a good QB, solid RBs, etc. Not only would it make for a potentially great offense the publicity for the Cowboys and the NFL would be immense.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 12:27:04 PM »
Exact numbers are completely pointless to try to specify, something like analysts being asked before a game to forecast the exact score. Just pointless. The price will be determined by supply & demand at the time of the transaction, there's no way to know before then. It will be influenced by multiple factors including the needs of the  teams at the time.

Would love to see him in Dallas though, given that they already have 2 good receivers, a good QB, solid RBs, etc. Not only would it make for a potentially great offense the publicity for the Cowboys and the NFL would be immense.

Ok, look dude..........I got it...........you're an intelligent guy. Very nicely put calculated answer. But I'm not looking for an answer that resembles a college thesis term paper.

If you were the Cowboys GM(which Jerry Jones is), what would you offer the Raiders in exchnge for Moss? Simple as that. I'm not looking for a pythagorean theory answer!

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 12:31:49 PM »
Ok, look dude..........I got it...........you're an intelligent guy. Very nicely put calculated answer. But I'm not looking for an answer that resembles a college thesis term paper.

If you were the Cowboys GM(which Jerry Jones is), what would you offer the Raiders in exchnge for Moss? Simple as that. I'm not looking for a pythagorean theory answer!

Is that Bledsoe guy still around?

If so, he might be the kind of guy that could do well there... Just depends... Lots of variables.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 12:33:46 PM »
I'd give up no more than a third round pick for Moss.  But I don't think there is any way on God's green earth that Moss and T.O. coexist. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 12:37:26 PM »
I'd give up no more than a third round pick for Moss.  But I don't think there is any way on God's green earth that Moss and T.O. coexist. 

No, there's not... the Cowboys would implode in no time.

body88

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 12:39:06 PM »
Is that Bledsoe guy still around?

If so, he might be the kind of guy that could do well there... Just depends... Lots of variables.

The Raiders would never do that. Oakland has no offensive line. Drew would last about 2 downs on that team. Not to mention he is far past him prime. Also, they have the ability to draft Jamarcus russell. If they move Moss it might be a precursor to them drafting Calvin Johnson. That still leaves them with no QB Obviously. However, with how terrible the offensive line played last year, Al might wonder if there QB would be more effective with adequate protection.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 02:09:06 PM »
The Raiders would never do that. Oakland has no offensive line. Drew would last about 2 downs on that team. Not to mention he is far past him prime. Also, they have the ability to draft Jamarcus russell. If they move Moss it might be a precursor to them drafting Calvin Johnson. That still leaves them with no QB, but with how terrible the offensive line was last year, Al might wonder if they QB they have would be better with adequate protection.

They already gave Aaron Brooks his walking papers. I'm thinking Jamarcus Russell goes first in the draft to the Raiders. He'll be running for his fucking life behind that anemic offensive line.

OR the raiders might trade down for a couple of extra picks to a team that needs a QB.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 03:11:37 PM »
I don't think there is any way on God's green earth that Moss and T.O. coexist. 

You don't know that. ;) Moss having just been through some dismal years might be inspired by TO's desire to win in fact.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 03:15:28 PM »

Wrong, it wasn't a calculated answer. Even if i mentioned names, there are so many combinations-players at different positions and/or draft picks. Clearly i find this a pointless exercise-let us know some of the combos you think would work, there are too many to go through.

Some examples:

-Their starting RB Jones wasn't as good as Barber, never was dating back years. Parcells finally caught on to it this year. Jones could be one of the players traded; having gotten 1,000 yards  he'd have some value.

-"That Bledsoe guy". ;D Actually, he would be viable either as a backup or as a short-term starter until a young QB is brought in and is ready to play. That's IF the O-line was upgraded and/or if they went with short passes that he'd get rid of quick and/or if they ran the ball alot.

-Some of their DBs need to be replaced, see what they can get for em.

-Possibly WR Glenn, IF they believed Moss was an upgrade.

etc.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 05:09:48 PM »
Let me simplfy things for you because it seems you lack the ability to simply state an opinion. Forget about any exisitng empirical evidence that you're trying to conjure up.

I think the Raiders would be willing to part with a Moss for a 3rd and 4th rounder. 2 years ago, the price would be significantly more.

That wasn't so hard, was it? ;)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 05:14:39 PM »
Let me simplfy things for you because it seems you lack the ability to simply state an opinion. Forget about any exisitng empirical evidence that you're trying to conjure up.

I think the Raiders would be willing to part with a Moss for a 3rd and 4th rounder. 2 years ago, the price would be significantly more.

That wasn't so hard, was it? ;)

Come up with specific names on who would be given up, otherwise you're just blowin smoke up everyone's ass.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 05:15:51 PM »
Wrong, it wasn't a calculated answer. Even if i mentioned names, there are so many combinations-players at different positions and/or draft picks. Clearly i find this a pointless exercise-let us know some of the combos you think would work, there are too many to go through.

Some examples:

-Their starting RB Jones wasn't as good as Barber, never was dating back years. Parcells finally caught on to it this year. Jones could be one of the players traded; having gotten 1,000 yards  he'd have some value.
-"That Bledsoe guy". ;D Actually, he would be viable either as a backup or as a short-term starter until a young QB is brought in and is ready to play. That's IF the O-line was upgraded and/or if they went with short passes that he'd get rid of quick and/or if they ran the ball alot.

-Some of their DBs need to be replaced, see what they can get for em.

-Possibly WR Glenn, IF they believed Moss was an upgrade.

etc.

That would seem very unlikely. Most teams these days rarely trade marquee players straight up because of the contract ramifications to each team's individual salary cap situation. The last such example was probably Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey. Very rare type of trade where both players' contracts fit the other team's cap structure. It's usually a package deal of a lower tier player(s) combined with a draft pick or two for a higher caliber player.