Author Topic: Carbohydrate back-loading... Have you tried it?  (Read 4455 times)

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • My dog fucks the little girl fivesilvernickels.
Re: Carbohydrate back-loading... Have you tried it?
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 03:21:52 PM »
insulin also makes something else grow.fat cells.

That's why you have to control your carb portions. The insulin will convert the glucose into fat only if the glucose is excessive.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 03:25:10 PM »
The fat in meat and nuts is relatively low so how could fat have been the pimary fuel back then?

Our prehistoric ancestors prized organ meat (liver, kidneys, hearts, brains, etc) of the animals, as they were nutrient dense and full of fat soluble vitamins.  

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 03:27:28 PM »

Our prehistoric ancestors prized organ meat (liver, kidneys, hearts, brains, etc) of the animals, as they were nutrient dense and full of fat soluble vitamins.  

But these are protein-rich. The fat content there is still not that high. Fat was certainly not the preferred energy source back then although they didn't shy away from it.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 03:35:25 PM »

i dont know where the limit is before one spills over, but if one is really depleted, its quite the amount.

300-400gms of glycogen on average are stored in the muscles.  Another 75-100gms on average in the liver.   Some spillover with less.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »
But these are protein-rich. The fat content there is still not that high. Fat was certainly not the preferred energy source back then although they didn't shy away from it.

Organ meats contain high amounts of essential fatty acids, as well as being densely packed with most every other nutrient.  Far more nutritious overall than the lean flesh of the animal.  Animal and vegetable fats were the key to survival, as the fats increased the energy density of the food they consumed, as fats provide 9 calories per gram compared to 4 calories per gram for protein and carbohydrate.   

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2013, 03:48:54 PM »
Organ meats contain high amounts of essential fatty acids, as well as being densely packed with most every other nutrient.  Far more nutritious overall than the lean flesh of the animal.  Animal and vegetable fats were the key to survival, as the fats increased the energy density of the food they consumed, as fats provide 9 calories per gram compared to 4 calories per gram for protein and carbohydrate.   

The fats contained in organ meats are not as high as you imagine. The organ meats are still primarily protein.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13:40 PM »
The fats contained in organ meats are not as high as you imagine. The organ meats are still primarily protein.

The point I am making is not about the percentage of fat, but the fact that fat was key to the survival of your ancestors as it provided them with more energy than protein or carbohydrate.   And organ meat was an excellent source of fats and other nutrients.   Sure, they are primarily protein, but they are still far more nutrient dense than the lean flesh of an animal.   

Jon Harridan

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 04:28:13 PM »

The point I am making is not about the percentage of fat, but the fact that fat was key to the survival of your ancestors as it provided them with more energy than protein or carbohydrate.   And organ meat was an excellent source of fats and other nutrients.   Sure, they are primarily protein, but they are still far more nutrient dense than the lean flesh of an animal.  

Yeah, that's why you need all 3 macronutrients. You can't eliminate any one of them.