Author Topic: Black Panther-movie under boycott  (Read 21086 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Black Panther-movie under boycott
« Reply #225 on: February 20, 2018, 08:43:49 PM »
Women, Children, Slaves... err Blacks
Q

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: February 20, 2018, 08:44:47 PM »
I maintain that this heero should be called "Black Manther®".  The first and only totally Nellie Supergayhero.  V³ (Venom Vince Versace™)could star.  The Hollyweird Heatline has EJ³ (Earvin Johnson III, blatantly copying V³"s stylefag ways) in the lead for the "head" role.  But Goodrum publicly says he would #happyhomo give up the Goodbum to earn the shot at stardom that has long eluded him outside of Getbig.

Vince noted that once he ASSumes the role the name of the country must be changed to WangKangdom and that an old flame of his is willing to get a tan and take on the role of Nakia now occupied by Lupita Nyong'o.  The mysterious actor/ess is known only by the enticing initials, "QV".  

someone.. anyone translate this for the people with some education. I suspect a PhD is needed to understand it. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #227 on: February 20, 2018, 08:49:23 PM »
someone.. anyone translate this for the people with some education. I suspect a PhD is needed to understand it. 

It's a relatively lame-o attempt at humor based upon Vince Goodrum, his former flame Queen Vissy and the comic book hero Black Panther.  So yeah, it's kinda BS/PhD.

Personally I think Kahn could easily do a much better parody.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: February 20, 2018, 08:51:35 PM »
It's a relatively lame-o attempt at humor based upon Vince Goodrum, his former flame Queen Vissy and the comic book hero Black Panther.  So yeah, it's kinda BS/PhD.

Personally I think Kahn could easily do a much better parody.
that answer works for me!

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: February 20, 2018, 08:53:54 PM »
that answer works for me!

Cool. ;D  Kahn is one of the best posters here.  Me?  Not so much.  Average IQ but I do have a sense of humor and sometimes hit the mark dead center. I am also old.  Time to hit the hay. :) 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: February 20, 2018, 08:54:34 PM »
Cool. ;D  Kahn is one of the best posters here.  Me?  Not so much.  Average IQ but I do have a sense of humor and sometimes hit the mark dead center. I am also old.  Time to hit the hay. :) 

Kahn is pretty deep. Take care

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #231 on: February 21, 2018, 08:48:12 PM »
Love the Black Panther-shirt!

Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #232 on: February 22, 2018, 04:40:24 AM »
Ben Shapiro speaks on Black Panther.
Q

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: February 22, 2018, 07:41:57 PM »
For the greater part, these moviegoers are Nerds.  Nothing wrong with Nerds.  Nerds come in a variety shapes, sizes and colors.  Yeah, there's some idiots in there but those are the same people that think the Earf be flat and the original Hebrews were hebroes.

Fuck those idiots. Nerds just wanna have fun.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: February 22, 2018, 07:53:10 PM »
Just saw the movie tonight. All in all for a super hero movie it was a good movie. Thought it was worth the time and money. Beat the last Spiderman

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: February 22, 2018, 09:21:57 PM »
Just saw the movie tonight. All in all for a super hero movie it was a good movie. Thought it was worth the time and money. Beat the last Spiderman

Good to hear.  I enjoyed the last Spider-Man but not as much as I did Wonder Woman.  Justice League was 2 to 2.5 out of 4 for me.  I don't go to the movies to be taught anything.  I go to forget a bunch of shit and to enjoy myself.  There's an old film called "Sullivan's Travels" that deals with a director wanting to go from making movies that make people laugh and forget their  cares and woes to making socially relevant bullshit to educate the plebian cast.  In the course of the movie he learns his lesson.

I can joke about this (Black Manther) film, but so long as I enjoy it and it doesn't try to teach me a stupid "lesson", great!  A friend of mine who happens to be black said he enjoyed it and he doesn't much care for super hero movies, but his brother who is a total nerd, "loved the flick".    Cool.    I enjoyed the lead actor (Boseman) in the film on the life of James Brown and hope he does well with this one.

If the theater is filled with Nerds, I'm fine with that so long as they keep it within reason.  In '77 we had nerds lined up for Star Wars and they knew all the lines and booed whenever Vader made an appearance.  They finally calmed down and we all enjoyed the movie.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: February 22, 2018, 09:29:43 PM »
Good to hear.  I enjoyed the last Spider-Man but not as much as I did Wonder Woman.  Justice League was 2 to 2.5 out of 4 for me.  I don't go to the movies to be taught anything.  I go to forget a bunch of shit and to enjoy myself.  There's an old film called "Sullivan's Travels" that deals with a director wanting to go from making movies that make people laugh and forget their  cares and woes to making socially relevant bullshit to educate the plebian cast.  In the course of the movie he learns his lesson.

I can joke about this (Black Manther) film, but so long as I enjoy it and it doesn't try to teach me a stupid "lesson", great!  A friend of mine who happens to be black said he enjoyed it and he doesn't much care for super hero movies, but his brother who is a total nerd, "loved the flick".    Cool.    I enjoyed the lead actor (Boseman) in the film on the life of James Brown and hope he does well with this one.

If the theater is filled with Nerds, I'm fine with that so long as they keep it within reason.  In '77 we had nerds lined up for Star Wars and they knew all the lines and booed whenever Vader made an appearance.  They finally calmed down and we all enjoyed the movie.

I ended up walking out on the last Spider-Man. I grew up reading the comic books and seeing him portrayed as a rookie kid seemed a little much. But others liked it. Personal preference. I didn't feel Black Panther was trying to teach me anything though there was a lesson in it not unlike many movies we've all enjoyed. Good action, decent plot wasn't bored looking at my watch. Only disruption was a bozo behind me that was eating something out of a cellophane  bag.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: February 23, 2018, 12:32:38 AM »
I will not pay to see that "Black Cat"  ;)

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: February 23, 2018, 09:24:51 AM »
I ended up walking out on the last Spider-Man. I grew up reading the comic books and seeing him portrayed as a rookie kid seemed a little much. But others liked it. Personal preference. I didn't feel Black Panther was trying to teach me anything though there was a lesson in it not unlike many movies we've all enjoyed. Good action, decent plot wasn't bored looking at my watch. Only disruption was a bozo behind me that was eating something out of a cellophane  bag.

The whole, "let's be inclusive" BS PC thing makes me puke but I try to set it aside for these films.  An example is MJ being almost dykish and not a redhead fox.  It's a slap in the face of my comic book riddled youth though, LOL!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: February 23, 2018, 03:38:56 PM »
The whole, "let's be inclusive" BS PC thing makes me puke but I try to set it aside for these films.  An example is MJ being almost dykish and not a redhead fox.  It's a slap in the face of my comic book riddled youth though, LOL!

exactly

werewolf operative

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #241 on: February 23, 2018, 05:04:04 PM »
Why is this film bothering people? There’s 1 black movie for every 1000 white movie being made. Let them have it. Who fucking cares.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #242 on: February 23, 2018, 06:15:41 PM »
Why is this film bothering people? There’s 1 black movie for every 1000 white movie being made. Let them have it. Who fucking cares.
Multiple reasons. Firstly, because it's a black movie. We can't have that positive vibe when it comes to black movies, now can we? You know, uppity nevroes and all. Secondly, because it's a black movie making a ton of money. Thirdly, because it's a black movie making tons of noise. Fourthly, because black folk on the fringes are saying far out stuff about, which bothers the far right. And there are far too many other reasons to list.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: February 23, 2018, 06:26:27 PM »
Multiple reasons. Firstly, because it's a black movie. We can't have that positive vibe when it comes to black movies, now can we? You know, uppity nevroes and all. Secondly, because it's a black movie making a ton of money. Thirdly, because it's a black movie making tons of noise. Fourthly, because black folk on the fringes are saying far out stuff about, which bothers the far right. And there are far too many other reasons to list.

Nope.  As with anything of worth, a vocal and ignorant minority (as in group of people) can ruin it for the rest of us.  Color of skin doesn't matter as white trash can be just as annoying as black trash.

I saw the original "Shaft".  Talk about hootin' 'n' hollerin"?  Talk about kill YT?  Talk about get that pig?

And then the lights came up.  Black people, white people and even a few Asian and Hispanic people. You know, people.  People liked the film and the soundtrack was bitchin'.  Nobody got into a fight in the theater or the lobby.  We all just left talking about how cool the film was.

Like I said, Nerds come in many colors but they're still just Nerds.  Same with assholes.  We can tolerate Nerds but nobody likes an asshole.  Well...Almost nobody.  But I think those guys like a different kind of asshole. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #244 on: February 23, 2018, 07:36:35 PM »
B-Shap liked the movie.

Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #245 on: February 23, 2018, 08:32:04 PM »
Funnier than Goodrum!
Q

werewolf operative

« Reply #246 on: February 23, 2018, 09:22:18 PM »

Created by jews, funded by jews and politicized by jews.

https://.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg8Oq_Sd3Bw

muscleman-2017

• Getbig IV
« Reply #247 on: February 23, 2018, 09:36:59 PM »

Seriously, no.
None of the above.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2018, 06:29:36 AM »
a

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #249 on: February 26, 2018, 01:13:59 PM »
Yeah I liked it too, a lot of symbolism for a marvel movie tho
A