Author Topic: Obamas' Failed Post-Presidency  (Read 142860 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Obamas' Failed Post-Presidency
« Reply #500 on: December 01, 2018, 12:52:34 PM »
Just that bit was very disturbing.

Is it real or a hoax
As I’ve heard bits about pizzagate
It's real "art". Some disturbing people out there.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #501 on: December 01, 2018, 01:50:08 PM »
It's real "art". Some disturbing people out there.

Certainly is.
I have No Idea Why
1, Someone Would Paint Such Things
2, Why would any one Buy & Want to Own Such “ART”

Both I’d say clearly have Issues to say the Least.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #502 on: December 02, 2018, 05:15:41 AM »
Thousands moved out for a new GM factory; now it's closing
Reuters ^ | November 26, 2018. | David Shepardson;
Posted on 11/30/2018, 8:59:21 AM by george76

General Motors Co on Monday pulled the plug on the Chevrolet Volt hybrid and the Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant that builds it, both examples of a costly gamble that is not paying off.

GM’s widely touted factory of the future, forced on a town desperate for jobs and hailed decades later by former resident Barack Obama, is set to wind down over the next few years, leaving beleaguered Hamtramck wondering what happened.

Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan said at a news conference Monday that he told GM chief executive Mary Barra Monday that “we moved thousands of people out of that neighborhood ... to create that assembly plant and I felt that the city of Detroit deserved more consideration.”

The Detroit-Hamtramck plant stands on 465 acres of land that was once a neighborhood known as “Poletown.”

In 1981, the Michigan Supreme Court approved a decision to allow Detroit to tear down up to 1,500 homes, more than 140 businesses, a hospital and six churches to build the $500 million plant. The Detroit News reported 4,200 people lost their homes as a result.

GM convinced officials in the cities of Detroit and Hamtramck, the state of Michigan - and ultimately the state’s highest court - to use eminent domain, a controversial process in which government seizes private land.

Karen Majewski, the mayor of Hamtramck, told Reuters that the GM plant is one of the largest contributors to local property taxes. Empty, she worried the factory will discourage other investments.

“They destroyed homes and churches and local businesses, all to build that plant,” Majewski said. “Now that the plant is going to close, people will wonder why that neighborhood had to be sacrificed in the first place.”

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #503 on: December 04, 2018, 07:15:59 PM »

General Motors Co on Monday pulled the plug on the Chevrolet Volt hybrid and the Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly plant that builds it, both examples of a costly gamble that is not paying off.

GM’s widely touted factory of the future, forced on a town desperate for jobs and hailed decades later by former resident Barack Obama, is set to wind down over the next few years, leaving beleaguered Hamtramck wondering what happened.

Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan said at a news conference Monday that he told GM chief executive Mary Barra Monday that “we moved thousands of people out of that neighborhood ... to create that assembly plant and I felt that the city of Detroit deserved more consideration.”

The Detroit-Hamtramck plant stands on 465 acres of land that was once a neighborhood known as “Poletown.”

In 1981, the Michigan Supreme Court approved a decision to allow Detroit to tear down up to 1,500 homes, more than 140 businesses, a hospital and six churches to build the $500 million plant. The Detroit News reported 4,200 people lost their homes as a result.

GM convinced officials in the cities of Detroit and Hamtramck, the state of Michigan - and ultimately the state’s highest court - to use eminent domain, a controversial process in which government seizes private land.

Karen Majewski, the mayor of Hamtramck, told Reuters that the GM plant is one of the largest contributors to local property taxes. Empty, she worried the factory will discourage other investments.

“They destroyed homes and churches and local businesses, all to build that plant,” Majewski said. “Now that the plant is going to close, people will wonder why that neighborhood had to be sacrificed in the first place.”

You are a sad, stupid, little man.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: December 05, 2018, 03:56:56 PM »

There are cracks forming in the economy as we speak.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: December 06, 2018, 05:14:49 AM »
There are cracks forming in the economy as we speak.

The FED Raising rates has been extremely negative. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: December 06, 2018, 03:14:10 PM »
The FED Raising rates has been extremely negative. 
So I've heard before. Isn't the intent to steady the economy?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: December 06, 2018, 04:03:20 PM »
So I've heard before. Isn't the intent to steady the economy?
That's why the rates were lowered for Obama. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: December 08, 2018, 04:40:03 PM »

Does the Federal Reserve raise and lower interest rates for Presidents? Here I thought was to steady the economy be controlling inflation and helping to avoid recessions. That it makes or doesn't make a President look good seems irrelevant.   :)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: December 08, 2018, 05:05:06 PM »
Does the Federal Reserve raise and lower interest rates for Presidents? Here I thought was to steady the economy be controlling inflation and helping to avoid recessions. That it makes or doesn't make a President look good seems irrelevant.   :)
Weird how the economy reacts to the fed rates. Obama takes office with a less than stellar economy, feds lower rates, economy recovers, Obama takes credit. Guess Obama is a liar.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: December 08, 2018, 05:48:11 PM »

Does the Federal Reserve raise and lower interest rates for Presidents? Here I thought was to steady the economy be controlling inflation and helping to avoid recessions. That it makes or doesn't make a President look good seems irrelevant.   :)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: December 09, 2018, 08:11:27 AM »
Does the Federal Reserve raise and lower interest rates for Presidents? Here I thought was to steady the economy be controlling inflation and helping to avoid recessions. That it makes or doesn't make a President look good seems irrelevant.   :)
Weird how the economy reacts to the fed rates. Obama takes office with a less than stellar economy, feds lower rates, economy recovers, Obama takes credit. Guess Obama is a liar.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: December 12, 2018, 05:00:47 AM »
Obama Pushes Bogus Claim About ACA: Your Premiums Cost Less Than Your Cell Phone Bill
Townhall.com ^ | December 11, 2018 | Beth Bauman
Posted on 12/11/2018, 6:51:58 PM by Kaslin

Barack Obama is doing everything in his power to encourage average Americans to sign up for the Affordable Care Act, commonly referred to as Obamacare. In fact, he's doing everything he possibly can to keep the legislation that has been deemed his legacy, from dying.

On Monday, Obama shared a video, reminding Americans to sign up in case they get "very sick" in 2019.

No jump shots. No ferns. No memes. Not this time. I’m going to give it to you straight: If you need health insurance for 2019, the deadline to get covered is December 15. Go to https://t.co/ob1Ynoesod today and pass this on — you just might save a life. pic.twitter.com/8mHMsXGY0g— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) December 10, 2018

What's bogus is Obama makes the claim that most people can get health insurance for $50 to $100 a month, which he says is significantly less than a person's cell phone bill.

A couple years ago, when I had my own business, I had health insurance through the exchange. I was paying roughly $350/month for just myself. My deductible was significantly lower than some of the other plans that had lower premiums and higher deductibles. I don't see the doctor very much but when I do, I don't want a $300-$400 bill.

Out of curiosity, I checked how much it would be for me to get a plan on Obamacare. Right now. For a 26-year-old, who sees the doctor 3-4 times a year and takes 2-3 prescriptions, there was nothing under $270 in Idaho. How is that less than my cell phone bill? And how is that affordable when the deductibles are thousands and thousands of dollars? What incentive do people – especially young adults my age – have to enroll in Obamacare when they'd pay more health insurance than they'd spend out-of-pocket for the few times a year they see the doctor?

This is another fabricated lie, just like "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: December 14, 2018, 10:52:49 AM »
Obxxx Pushes Gun Control for ‘Trayvon’ and ‘Those Congregants in Thousand Oaks(barfy!)
breitbart.com ^ | 12/14/2018 | AWR Hawkins
Posted on 12/14/2018, 1:27:10 PM by rktman

Barack Obama pushed gun control for “Trayvon” and “those congregants in Thousand Oaks,” among others, during a December 13 acceptance speech for the Robert F. Kennedy Ripple of Hope Award.

Trayvon Martin was shot and killed in self-defense on February 26, 2012, after attacking a neighborhood watchman, and 12 people were killed in Thousand Oaks’ Borderline Bar & Grill on November 7, 2018.

During his acceptance speech, IJR magazine quoted Obama saying: “The horror of gun violence continues to plague our nation, a pain that many in this room know too well,” he said. “The bullets that took Bobby, JFK, and Dr. King are just like the bullets that took Trayvon, and those school children in Newtown, and those police officers in Dallas, and those concertgoers in Vegas, and those congregants in Thousand Oaks.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #514 on: December 14, 2018, 11:33:42 AM »
Obxxx Pushes Gun Control for ‘Trayvon’ and ‘Those Congregants in Thousand Oaks(barfy!)
breitbart.com ^ | 12/14/2018 | AWR Hawkins
Posted on 12/14/2018, 1:27:10 PM by rktman

Barack Obama pushed gun control for “Trayvon” and “those congregants in Thousand Oaks,” among others, during a December 13 acceptance speech for the Robert F. Kennedy Ripple of Hope Award.

Trayvon Martin was shot and killed in self-defense on February 26, 2012, after attacking a neighborhood watchman, and 12 people were killed in Thousand Oaks’ Borderline Bar & Grill on November 7, 2018.

During his acceptance speech, IJR magazine quoted Obama saying: “The horror of gun violence continues to plague our nation, a pain that many in this room know too well,” he said. “The bullets that took Bobby, JFK, and Dr. King are just like the bullets that took Trayvon, and those school children in Newtown, and those police officers in Dallas, and those concertgoers in Vegas, and those congregants in Thousand Oaks.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Ridiculous.  I wish he would just be quiet and go spend his millions.  Or try and make the world a better place like Jimmy Carter. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #515 on: December 14, 2018, 12:47:14 PM »
Ridiculous.  I wish he would just be quiet and go spend his millions.  Or try and make the world a better place like Jimmy Carter. 

I can only imagine Obama wielding a hammer for Habitat for Humanity post-presidency.  Too bad they don't make left-handed hammers. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #516 on: December 14, 2018, 01:02:16 PM »
I can only imagine Obama wielding a hammer for Habitat for Humanity post-presidency.  Too bad they don't make left-handed hammers. 

No way would he work that hard.  I'm sure he will swing his golf club a lot.  And lift his baby weights.   :)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #517 on: December 14, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »
Obama was very popular and was treated like a rock star by his fans and the media.  He probably misses all that attention and craves more.

Jimmy Carter and Bush Jr. were not popular presidents.  So the last thing they wanted or needed after their time in office was attention.  That left them with plenty of time and energy to dedicate to worthy causes.  

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #518 on: December 15, 2018, 09:28:04 PM »
Obama was very popular and was treated like a rock star by his fans and the media.  He probably misses all that attention and craves more.

Jimmy Carter and Bush Jr. were not popular presidents.  So the last thing they wanted or needed after their time in office was attention.  That left them with plenty of time and energy to dedicate to worthy causes.  

Or.. Jimmy Carter was and always was, who he said he was

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: December 16, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »
No way would he work that hard.  I'm sure he will swing his golf club a lot.  And lift his baby weights.   :)

That ghetto drug addict commie bum never worked a day in his life

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: December 19, 2018, 08:36:48 PM »
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #522 on: December 26, 2018, 04:28:12 PM »
I wish the Obamas a miserable kwanza.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #523 on: December 31, 2018, 06:09:25 AM »
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/30/barack-obamas-inspiring-new-years-challenge-make-a-commitment.html

LOL - all empty platitudes and BS.  Funny he didnt mention is boyfriend Chanduu or communist Cortez 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: January 01, 2019, 01:29:22 PM »

Obama’s 2019 message: 'We've got a lot of work to do'
The Hill ^ | 01/01/19 | Aris Folley
Posted on 1/1/2019, 4:17:18 PM by yesthatjallen

Former President Obama took to Twitter on Tuesday to share his New Year's message, saying "we've got a lot of work to do."

“In 2018 people stepped up and showed up like never before,” Obama said on Twitter.

“Keep it up in 2019,” he continued. “We’ve got a lot of work to do, and I’ll be right there with you. Happy New Year, everybody!”

Over the weekend, the former president also shared a few stories about some of the young leaders he said inspired him in 2018.

Obama ended his weekend series of tweets with the hope that his followers would also find inspiration in the stories he shared.

Leaders like Dejah Powell, who started an organization to bring health and wellness resources to communities on the South Side of Chicago, expanding food access and providing people the space and time to take care of themselves. — Barack Obama (@BarackObama) December 29, 2018

Leaders like Moussa Kondo and Sandor Lederer, who are each doing their part to fight corruption in their native countries of Mali and Hungary. Two people separated by continents but united in their pursuit of a more just, transparent society. — Barack Obama (@BarackObama) December 29, 2018

Leaders like Hong Hoang, who mobilized a youth-led movement to create a greener world after becoming the first Vietnamese person to visit Antarctica. — Barack Obama (@BarackObama) December 29, 2018

Leaders like Jonny Boucher, a Chicago native who, after losing too many friends and family to suicide, started a coffee shop to offer emotional support and guidance to those who might be in need of a little more than a strong cup of coffee to get through their day. — Barack Obama (@BarackObama) December 29, 2018

“I hope you find inspiration in the stories of Dejah, Moussa, Sandor, Hong and Jonny. Their journeys began with a decision to build the better future they wanted to see. The same is true for you,” he said.