Author Topic: Obamas' Failed Post-Presidency  (Read 144571 times)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: Obamas' Failed Post-Presidency
« Reply #550 on: March 27, 2019, 03:21:41 PM »
Making more money

Good for them
Only I wish they were More Liberal With Their $
And pass some onto Me. 🤣👍🏻

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #551 on: March 27, 2019, 03:48:38 PM »
So your life hasn't changed?

He seems to be more fd in the head

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #552 on: April 06, 2019, 04:58:07 PM »
Skip to comments.

Even Obama Admits What We Already Knew About The Democratic Party
Townhall.com ^ | April 6, 2019 | Beth Bauman
Posted on 4/6/2019, 4:32:28 PM by Kaslin

Former President Barack Obama (D) appeared at a town hall event in Berlin on behalf of the Obama Foundation. One of the issues that came up with the progressive wing of the Democratic Party and whether or not they're doing more harm than good, The Hill reported.

"One of the things I do worry about sometimes among progressives in the United States —maybe it’s true here as well — is a certain kind of rigidity where we say, 'Uh, I’m sorry, this is how it’s going to be,' and then we start sometimes creating what’s called a 'circular firing squad,' where you start shooting at your allies because one of them has strayed from purity on the issues. And when that happens, typically the overall effort and movement weakens," he explained.

With the continuous fighting the Democratic Party has, especially about whether or not to go hard left, Obama's words are rather insightful.

"So I think whether you are speaking as a citizen or as a political leader or as an organizer … you have to recognize that the way we structure democracy requires you to take into account people who don’t agree with you, and that by definition means you’re not going to get 100 percent of what you want," Obama said.

His time as a community organizer, United State senator and president provided him with a unique insight into how the political process works.

"You should take some time to think in your own mind and continually refine and reflect, 'What are my core principles?' Because the danger is if you don’t know what your principles are, that’s when you compromise your principles away," he explained. "You can’t set up a system in which you don't compromise on anything, but you also can’t operate in a system where you compromise on everything."

As we head into the 2020 election, the Democratic Party remains divided on a number of issues, including the Green New Deal, health care and immigration reform.

Now the question becomes: Will Democrats listen to Obama's worries or will the infighting continue to further divide the party? Only time will tell.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #553 on: April 10, 2019, 11:54:00 AM »
WASHINGTON, April 10 (Reuters) - Attorney General William Barr said on Wednesday U.S. intelligence agencies engaged in spying directed at the 2016 presidential campaign of Donald Trump and that he would look at whether the surveillance was undertaken legally.

"I think spying did occur," Barr told a Senate hearing. "But the question is whether it was adequately predicated and I am not suggesting that it wasn't adequately predicated. ... I am not suggesting those rules were violated, but I think it is important to look at that. And I am not talking about the FBI necessarily, but intelligence agencies more broadly.

"I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal - it's a big deal." (Reporting by Sarah N. Lynch and Doina Chiacu; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

________________________ ________________________ __

Demolibfags in meltdown over this. 

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #554 on: April 10, 2019, 11:57:35 AM »
I've seen a few recent clips of Obama giving speeches, and he sounds like he's a Republican now with some of the shit he's saying.

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #555 on: April 10, 2019, 02:19:43 PM »
WASHINGTON, April 10 (Reuters) - Attorney General William Barr said on Wednesday U.S. intelligence agencies engaged in spying directed at the 2016 presidential campaign of Donald Trump and that he would look at whether the surveillance was undertaken legally.

"I think spying did occur," Barr told a Senate hearing. "But the question is whether it was adequately predicated and I am not suggesting that it wasn't adequately predicated. ... I am not suggesting those rules were violated, but I think it is important to look at that. And I am not talking about the FBI necessarily, but intelligence agencies more broadly.

"I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal - it's a big deal." (Reporting by Sarah N. Lynch and Doina Chiacu; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama)

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

________________________ ________________________ __

Demolibfags in meltdown over this. 

the Obama Foundation ? LOL - the pay for play the Gay Muslim put in place when he was in office.
K

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: April 10, 2019, 03:18:49 PM »
 to comments.

Barr Confirms Multiple Intel Agencies Implicated In Anti-Trump Spy Operation
The Federalist ^ | 4/10/19 | Mollie Hemingway
Posted on 4/10/2019, 2:53:32 PM by LittleSpotBlog

“Spying on a political campaign is a big deal,” Attorney General William Barr told a Senate committee on Wednesday morning. Barr’s comments came in the context of potential Justice Department reviews of the Trump-Russia investigation and how it began in 2016.

While it is important that the top law enforcement in the United States publicly acknowledged that the Obama administration and its intelligence agencies surveilled its domestic political opponents during the heat of a presidential election, it is what he said next that was most startling: that the CIA and other federal agencies in addition to the FBI may have been involved. “I’m not talking about the FBI necessarily, but intelligence agencies more broadly,” he said.

(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com ...

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #557 on: April 10, 2019, 03:25:49 PM »
I've seen a few recent clips of Obama giving speeches, and he sounds like he's a Republican now with some of the shit he's saying.

That's always been my problem with him.  He's more Gerald Ford than Bernie Sanders.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #558 on: April 10, 2019, 05:57:35 PM »
That's always been my problem with him.  He's more Gerald Ford than Bernie Sanders.

Bernie fagget never accomplished a damn thing. Is a loser    Fat.     Never worked a day in his life

Hell I mock otwink but he is way better than that old fagg bernie the do nothing

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: April 10, 2019, 06:04:36 PM »
Gregory Craig, ex-Obama White House counsel, expects to be charged in relation to Ukrainian work with Manafort, his lawyers say
The expected indictment — which his attorneys called “a misguided abuse of prosecutorial discretion” — stems from work Craig did with GOP lobbyist Paul Manafort on behalf of the Ukrainian government in 2012.

Craig has been scrutinized as part of a foreign lobbying investigation spun out of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign.

Read

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #560 on: April 10, 2019, 06:08:09 PM »
Bernie fagget never accomplished a damn thing. Is a loser    Fat.     Never worked a day in his life

Hell I mock otwink but he is way better than that old fagg bernie the do nothing

Napoleon complex and closet/latent homosexuality.  Dynamic duo.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #562 on: April 12, 2019, 04:33:50 AM »
CNN Entertainment ^ | April 11, 2019 | endall Trammell
Posted on 4/12/2019, 7:24:59 AM by rightwingintelligentsia

Former President Barack Obama paid tribute to Nipsey Hussle in a letter that was read at a memorial for the late musician and community activist on Thursday.

The full text follows.

Dear Friends and Family of Nipsey: I'd never met Nipsey Hussle, but I'd heard some of his music through my daughters, and after his passing, I had the chance to learn more about his transformation and his community work.

While most folks look at the Crenshaw neighborhood where he grew up and see only gangs, bullets, and despair, Nipsey saw potential. He saw hope. He saw a community that, even through its flaws, taught him to always keep going. His choice to invest in that community rather than ignore it -- to build a skills training center and a coworking space in Crenshaw; to lift up the Eritrean-American community; to set an example for young people to follow -- is a legacy worth of celebration. I hope his memory inspires more good work in Crenshaw and communities like it.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnn.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #563 on: April 23, 2019, 08:14:31 AM »
Why Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama Tweeted About 'Easter Worshippers'
Townhall.com ^ | April 23, 2019 | Dennis Prager
Posted on 4/23/2019, 2:00:35 AM by Kaslin

Sometimes, a few sentences tell you more about a person -- and, more importantly, an ideology -- than a learned thesis. That is the case with tweets from Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama two days ago in response to the mass murder of more than 300 Christians and others in Sri Lanka.

Their tweets are worth serious analysis because they reveal a great deal about the left. Of course, they reveal a great deal about Clinton and Obama, too, but that doesn't interest me.

And that, too, is important. Many Americans -- especially conservatives and "independents" -- are more interested in individual politicians than in political ideologies.

Many conservatives have long been fixated on Clinton -- so much so that probably any other Democrat would have defeated Donald Trump, as conservative anger specifically toward her propelled many people to the polls. Similarly, Republican Never-Trumpers are fixated on Trump rather than policy. They care more about Trump's personal flaws than about the mortal dangers the left poses to America and the West or about the uniquely successful conservative policies Trump promulgates.

And independents all claim to vote "for the person, not the party."

Only leftists understand that one must vote left no matter who the Democrat is, no matter who the Republican opponent is. Leftists are completely interchangeable: There is no ideological difference among the 20 or so Democrats running for president. Mayor Pete Buttigieg is not one degree to the right of Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren.

That is why it is important to understand Clinton and Obama's tweets: to understand the left, not to understand her or him.

Here are the tweets:

Obama: "The attacks on tourists and Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka are an attack on humanity. On a day devoted to love, redemption, and renewal, we pray for the victims and stand with the people of Sri Lanka."

Three hours later, Clinton tweeted: "On this holy weekend for many faiths, we must stand united against hatred and violence. I'm praying for everyone affected by today's horrific attacks on Easter worshippers and travelers in Sri Lanka."

As they both spelled "worshipers" the same idiosyncratic way and used the term "Easter worshippers," it is likely they either had the same writers or Clinton copied Obama.

Here's what's critical: Neither used the word "Christians." And in order to avoid doing so, they went so far as to make up a new term -- "Easter worshippers" -- heretofore unknown to any Christian.

When Jews were murdered at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Clinton mentioned the synagogue in a tweet. But in her post-Sri Lanka tweet, despite the bombing of three churches filled with Christians, Clinton made no mention of church or churches. In a tweet after the massacre of Muslims in New Zealand, she wrote that her heart broke for "the global Muslim community." But in her latest tweet, not a word about Christians or the global Christian community.

Obama similarly wrote in his tweet about New Zealand that he was grieving with "the Muslim community" over the "horrible massacre in the Mosques." But in his tweet about Sri Lanka, there is no mention of Christians or churches.

The reason neither of them mentioned Christians or churches is that the left has essentially forbidden mention of all the anti-Christian murders perpetrated by Muslims in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and of all the Muslim desecration of churches in Europe, Africa and anywhere else. This is part of the same phenomenon -- that I and others have documented -- of British police and politicians covering up six years of rape of 1,400 of English girls by Muslim "grooming gangs" in Rotherham and elsewhere in England.

Essentially, the left's rule is that nothing bad -- no matter how true -- may be said about Muslims or Islam and nothing good -- no matter how true -- may be said of Christians or Christianity.

Clinton's post-New Zealand tweet also included these words: "We must continue to fight the perpetuation and normalization of Islamophobia and racism in all its forms. White supremacist terrorists must be condemned by leaders everywhere. Their murderous hatred must be stopped."

She made sure to condemn "Islamophobia," but she wrote not a word about the far more destructive and widespread hatred of Christians in the Muslim world, seen in Muslims' virtual elimination of the Christian communities in the Middle East, the regular murder and kidnappings of Coptic Christians in Egypt and the murder of Christians in Nigeria. She calls on "leaders everywhere" to condemn "white supremacist terrorists," one of the smallest hate groups on Earth, but never calls on leaders everywhere to condemn Islamist terrorists, the largest hate group on Earth.

These two tweets tell you a lot about Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. But far more importantly, they tell you a lot about the left.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: April 23, 2019, 10:14:46 AM »
"Easter Worshippers"  ::)

What a vile, muzzy douche...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #565 on: April 23, 2019, 01:26:41 PM »
Why Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama Tweeted About 'Easter Worshippers'
Townhall.com ^ | April 23, 2019 | Dennis Prager
Posted on 4/23/2019, 2:00:35 AM by Kaslin

Sometimes, a few sentences tell you more about a person -- and, more importantly, an ideology -- than a learned thesis. That is the case with tweets from Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama two days ago in response to the mass murder of more than 300 Christians and others in Sri Lanka.

Their tweets are worth serious analysis because they reveal a great deal about the left. Of course, they reveal a great deal about Clinton and Obama, too, but that doesn't interest me.

And that, too, is important. Many Americans -- especially conservatives and "independents" -- are more interested in individual politicians than in political ideologies.

Many conservatives have long been fixated on Clinton -- so much so that probably any other Democrat would have defeated Donald Trump, as conservative anger specifically toward her propelled many people to the polls. Similarly, Republican Never-Trumpers are fixated on Trump rather than policy. They care more about Trump's personal flaws than about the mortal dangers the left poses to America and the West or about the uniquely successful conservative policies Trump promulgates.

And independents all claim to vote "for the person, not the party."

Only leftists understand that one must vote left no matter who the Democrat is, no matter who the Republican opponent is. Leftists are completely interchangeable: There is no ideological difference among the 20 or so Democrats running for president. Mayor Pete Buttigieg is not one degree to the right of Kamala Harris or Elizabeth Warren.

That is why it is important to understand Clinton and Obama's tweets: to understand the left, not to understand her or him.

Here are the tweets:

Obama: "The attacks on tourists and Easter worshippers in Sri Lanka are an attack on humanity. On a day devoted to love, redemption, and renewal, we pray for the victims and stand with the people of Sri Lanka."

Three hours later, Clinton tweeted: "On this holy weekend for many faiths, we must stand united against hatred and violence. I'm praying for everyone affected by today's horrific attacks on Easter worshippers and travelers in Sri Lanka."

As they both spelled "worshipers" the same idiosyncratic way and used the term "Easter worshippers," it is likely they either had the same writers or Clinton copied Obama.

Here's what's critical: Neither used the word "Christians." And in order to avoid doing so, they went so far as to make up a new term -- "Easter worshippers" -- heretofore unknown to any Christian.

When Jews were murdered at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, Clinton mentioned the synagogue in a tweet. But in her post-Sri Lanka tweet, despite the bombing of three churches filled with Christians, Clinton made no mention of church or churches. In a tweet after the massacre of Muslims in New Zealand, she wrote that her heart broke for "the global Muslim community." But in her latest tweet, not a word about Christians or the global Christian community.

Obama similarly wrote in his tweet about New Zealand that he was grieving with "the Muslim community" over the "horrible massacre in the Mosques." But in his tweet about Sri Lanka, there is no mention of Christians or churches.

The reason neither of them mentioned Christians or churches is that the left has essentially forbidden mention of all the anti-Christian murders perpetrated by Muslims in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and of all the Muslim desecration of churches in Europe, Africa and anywhere else. This is part of the same phenomenon -- that I and others have documented -- of British police and politicians covering up six years of rape of 1,400 of English girls by Muslim "grooming gangs" in Rotherham and elsewhere in England.

Essentially, the left's rule is that nothing bad -- no matter how true -- may be said about Muslims or Islam and nothing good -- no matter how true -- may be said of Christians or Christianity.

Clinton's post-New Zealand tweet also included these words: "We must continue to fight the perpetuation and normalization of Islamophobia and racism in all its forms. White supremacist terrorists must be condemned by leaders everywhere. Their murderous hatred must be stopped."

She made sure to condemn "Islamophobia," but she wrote not a word about the far more destructive and widespread hatred of Christians in the Muslim world, seen in Muslims' virtual elimination of the Christian communities in the Middle East, the regular murder and kidnappings of Coptic Christians in Egypt and the murder of Christians in Nigeria. She calls on "leaders everywhere" to condemn "white supremacist terrorists," one of the smallest hate groups on Earth, but never calls on leaders everywhere to condemn Islamist terrorists, the largest hate group on Earth.

These two tweets tell you a lot about Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. But far more importantly, they tell you a lot about the left.

Pandering cowards.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #568 on: September 05, 2019, 08:44:20 AM »
Barack Obama's Production Company Runs Into a Trademark Problem
 Eriq Gardner  1 day ago
Charleston's Market St. under water, 220K lose power
‘There’s nothing left’: Storm reduces paradise to a heap
Barack Obama, Michelle Obama are posing for a picture
© Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
"When they go low, we go high," said Michelle Obama at the 2016 Democratic National Convention.

Herschel Backpacks - Free Shipping to the US
Shop the Finest Quality in Backpacks. Free Gift with USD$99.99+ Purchase.
Packable Daypack
Little America Backpack
Heritage Backpack
Men's Backpacks
Sponsored by herschel.com
Going high evidently includes a trademark fight.

On Aug. 20, Barack and Michelle Obama's Higher Ground Productions made a move to save its name. That day, the company went to the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and demanded cancellation of someone else's earlier trademark registration for "Higher Ground Enterprises."

Higher Ground Enterprises is run by Hanisya Massey, who, according to her attorney Larry Zerner, is in the business of helping authors publish e-books. Her trademark is in Class 41, which includes entertainment services. Zerner says Massey has been using "Higher Ground" since 2008.

Naturally, as the Obamas came to a lucrative agreement with Netflix for films and television series, Higher Ground Productions came into conflict with Higher Ground Enterprises.

On April 10, a Trademark Examiner refused to register the Obamas' claimed mark with a nod to the one held by Massey.

The Obamas, who are fans of Stevie Wonder (whose "Higher Ground" was a chart-topper in 1973) argued the two marks could co-exist in the marketplace.

"[T]he consumers of 'media production services' covered by the Application are likely to be highly sophisticated," stated a letter on behalf of the Obamas' production company to the Trademark Office. "Media production services are generally offered not to individual consumers but to commercial entities and professionals in their field. Indeed, Applicant has entered a deal with Netflix in connection with its media production services. Such customers, whether multi-billion-dollar media companies or smaller commercial entities in need of media production services, will exercise the height of care in selecting a media production company and are highly unlikely to be confused by a photographer or e-book publisher — particularly when the other party uses a distinguishable mark."

That argument didn't convince the U.S. Trademark Office, which saw "Higher Ground Productions" and "Higher Ground Enterprises" as too similar sounding, too related in services being offered, and advised, "The overriding concern is not only to prevent buyer confusion as to the source of the goods and/or services, but to protect the registrant from adverse commercial impact due to use of a similar mark by a newcomer."

That newcomer — former President Obama — isn't giving up.

In a petition to cancel, the Obamas essentially allege that Massey doesn't deserve a trademark because "Higher Ground Enterprises" wasn't actually in use at the time of its 2016 registration. (An online search turns up some early incorporation filings, though the digital trail at least seems thin.)

Zerner says he's outraged.

"The Obamas have known for almost a year that their Higher Ground trademark application was rejected by the USPTO because it infringed my client's rights," says Zerner. "Instead, of simply picking another name, the Obamas' lawyers have now filed a meritless petition to cancel my client's trademark so they can take it for themselves. This is really deplorable behavior. I hope that the Obamas realize that these actions are not consistent with the values they preach and that they instruct their attorneys to immediately dismiss the petition."

Obama's team declined to comment.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #569 on: September 05, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »
The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board (WSJ) recently accused the Obama administration of pulling off “the biggest accounting fraud in history” with student loans when eliminating the role of private lenders in the federal student lending market.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-great-student-loan-scam-11566343674

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/obama-administration-student-loans-experts-113140861.html

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #570 on: September 05, 2019, 01:57:52 PM »
Barack Obama's Production Company Runs Into a Trademark Problem
 Eriq Gardner  1 day ago
Charleston's Market St. under water, 220K lose power
‘There’s nothing left’: Storm reduces paradise to a heap
Barack Obama, Michelle Obama are posing for a picture
© Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images
"When they go low, we go high," said Michelle Obama at the 2016 Democratic National Convention.

Herschel Backpacks - Free Shipping to the US
Shop the Finest Quality in Backpacks. Free Gift with USD$99.99+ Purchase.
Packable Daypack
Little America Backpack
Heritage Backpack
Men's Backpacks
Sponsored by herschel.com
Going high evidently includes a trademark fight.

On Aug. 20, Barack and Michelle Obama's Higher Ground Productions made a move to save its name. That day, the company went to the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office and demanded cancellation of someone else's earlier trademark registration for "Higher Ground Enterprises."

Higher Ground Enterprises is run by Hanisya Massey, who, according to her attorney Larry Zerner, is in the business of helping authors publish e-books. Her trademark is in Class 41, which includes entertainment services. Zerner says Massey has been using "Higher Ground" since 2008.

Naturally, as the Obamas came to a lucrative agreement with Netflix for films and television series, Higher Ground Productions came into conflict with Higher Ground Enterprises.

On April 10, a Trademark Examiner refused to register the Obamas' claimed mark with a nod to the one held by Massey.

The Obamas, who are fans of Stevie Wonder (whose "Higher Ground" was a chart-topper in 1973) argued the two marks could co-exist in the marketplace.

"[T]he consumers of 'media production services' covered by the Application are likely to be highly sophisticated," stated a letter on behalf of the Obamas' production company to the Trademark Office. "Media production services are generally offered not to individual consumers but to commercial entities and professionals in their field. Indeed, Applicant has entered a deal with Netflix in connection with its media production services. Such customers, whether multi-billion-dollar media companies or smaller commercial entities in need of media production services, will exercise the height of care in selecting a media production company and are highly unlikely to be confused by a photographer or e-book publisher — particularly when the other party uses a distinguishable mark."

That argument didn't convince the U.S. Trademark Office, which saw "Higher Ground Productions" and "Higher Ground Enterprises" as too similar sounding, too related in services being offered, and advised, "The overriding concern is not only to prevent buyer confusion as to the source of the goods and/or services, but to protect the registrant from adverse commercial impact due to use of a similar mark by a newcomer."

That newcomer — former President Obama — isn't giving up.

In a petition to cancel, the Obamas essentially allege that Massey doesn't deserve a trademark because "Higher Ground Enterprises" wasn't actually in use at the time of its 2016 registration. (An online search turns up some early incorporation filings, though the digital trail at least seems thin.)

Zerner says he's outraged.

"The Obamas have known for almost a year that their Higher Ground trademark application was rejected by the USPTO because it infringed my client's rights," says Zerner. "Instead, of simply picking another name, the Obamas' lawyers have now filed a meritless petition to cancel my client's trademark so they can take it for themselves. This is really deplorable behavior. I hope that the Obamas realize that these actions are not consistent with the values they preach and that they instruct their attorneys to immediately dismiss the petition."

Obama's team declined to comment.

I’m not sure why the two can’t coexist? ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #571 on: September 05, 2019, 04:56:59 PM »
It’s Lights Out for Obama-Era Bulb Ban That Would Have Curbed Consumer Choice
The Daily Signal ^ | September 05, 2019 | Nicolas Loris
Posted on 9/5/2019, 6:01:01 PM by Tolerance Sucks Rocks

The Department of Energy announced this week that it’s withdrawing the Obama administration’s energy-rationing mandate for certain lightbulbs.

Opponents criticized the rule change, arguing that the move would be bad for consumers and the climate. The reality, however, is that families and businesses will be better off, and the change will have a negligible impact on the environment.

The Energy Department’s decision to withdraw energy-efficiency standards for candle-shaped, globe-shaped, three-way and reflector lightbulbs is a victory for consumer choice.

Whether it’s buying a lightbulb or a new car, families have different preferences and needs. They consider the various trade-offs in products and face different budget constraints.

When Washington forces energy-rationing mandates on consumers, the federal government takes those choices away or at the very least overrides their preferences.

Critics of the Department of Energy’s action argue that continuing to use energy-inefficient lights will cost households $100 annually in higher energy costs.

But here’s the good news: There’s no mandate forcing families or businesses to use inefficient lighting. Consumers can voluntarily replace inefficient bulbs with more efficient ones if they so choose.

The practices of being resourceful and saving money are intuitive, which means that the economy does not need mandates or rebate programs to nudge families into making decisions the government thinks are best for consumers.

In fact, many families and businesses are switching over to LED bulbs because of the cost savings.

According to the National Manufacturing Electric Association, “The general service LED bulb now accounts for approximately 70 percent of the shipments in the general service lamp category.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailysignal.com ...

TOPICS: Business/E

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: September 05, 2019, 04:58:30 PM »
to comments.

Mattis: Obama Failed to Respond to Iran Bomb Plot on U.S. Soil Because of Nuclear Deal
PJ Media ^ | 09/05/19
Posted on 9/5/2019, 7:33:35 PM by Liberty7732

After the surprise resignation of Secretary of Defense James Mattis last December, Democrats were quick to politicize the news, and have certainly been hoping ever since that Mattis would provide them with new information they could use to attack Donald Trump. He does have a memoir coming out, Call Sign Chaos: Learning to Lead, but it looks like it’s Barack Obama and Joe Biden who get the bulk of the criticism.

Prior be being Secretary of Defense under Trump, Mattis served as commander of U.S. Central Command under Obama and Biden. Mattis had predicted that Iran would continue to provoke the United States. Mattis’s warning went ignored, and when Iran committed an act of war on American soil, he was not told about it, and the United States never responded to it.

(Excerpt) Read more at pjmedia.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: September 08, 2019, 12:34:47 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V