Author Topic: I made $15 million before I was 30, and it wasn't as awesome as you'd think  (Read 11479 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
great post, but for a getbigger, only being worth 15 mil by age 30 is kind of embarrassing. 

Can't even get your coat checked at the centimillionaire club when we meet.

EVERY getbigger has 100x my worth ,drives a 100k car , has a 10 gf and lives in a mansion.

Then on the rare chance you actually run into 'em , reality never quite matches their getbig persona.

For example, word on the street is, I'm a lot more boring and lame in person.  :D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
EVERY getbigger has 100x my worth ,drives a 100k car , has a 10 11 gf and lives in a mansion.

Then on the rare chance you actually run into 'em , reality never quite matches their getbig persona.

For example, word on the street is, I'm a lot more boring and lame in person.  :D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

;D , oh don't forget on getbig they bench 500 for reps and have massive , ripped 20" arms.

On a serious note, Coach may have his "issues' but he's one of the few getbiggers with a legit physique .
We've had a few others ( Wes) with some actual muscle , posting here over the past 20 years.

I've actually met a couple regular get biggers at big  contest expos , but , it's rare.
It was always a friendly interaction .   I doubt anyone would be intimidated by a weak, hapless, retard like me.

I tend to be a polite goofball BUT very outgoing in person.
The few getbiggers I met seemed introverted and rarely made direct eye contact when talking.
Not sure why? Maybe, I was boring them and they were looking for a chance to walk away LOL

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Almost everyone has a money problem.  Poor people are trying to make money just to survive.  Once you get to the middle class and all survival needs are met you stress about the future like affording retirement, health insurance, putting the kids through college, etc.  A rich person fears losing their money to scammers, golddiggers, or having yourself or relatives kidnapped and held for ransom.  You also wonder who really likes you and who is just your friend because of wealth.  You may have to separate from everyone like Joswift said because old friends will expect money from you. 

Billionaires have a different set of problems and it deals with ego.  They are competing with others in the billionaire class to have more.  I imagine it must be Hell to have millions or billions and be dying of a terminal disease and know there is nothing you can do about it.  Money is your everything and you are about to lose it all.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Almost everyone has a money problem.  Poor people are trying to make money just to survive.  Once you get to the middle class and all survival needs are met you stress about the future like affording retirement, health insurance, putting the kids through college, etc.  A rich person fears losing their money to scammers, golddiggers, or having yourself or relatives kidnapped and held for ransom.  You also wonder who really likes you and who is just your friend because of wealth.  You may have to separate from everyone like Joswift said because old friends will expect money from you. 

Billionaires have a different set of problems and it deals with ego.  They are competing with others in the billionaire class to have more.  I imagine it must be Hell to have millions or billions and be dying of a terminal disease and know there is nothing you can do about it.  Money is your everything and you are about to lose it all.

Many good observations.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Good points and observations there.

I was destined to be a poor , fat slob ; living alone with cats in a dbl wide.
Now I lay around in pissed stained underoos,  watching sports and posting on Get Big.

I'd straighten up, if a lady was coming over...but we all know that's not happening.

Life can be happy when you lower your expectations.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
Good points and observations there.

I was destined to be a poor , fat slob ; living alone with cats in a dbl wide.
Now I lay around in pissed stained underoos,  watching sports and posting on Get Big.

I'd straighten up, if a lady was coming over...but we all know that's not happening.

Life can be happy when you lower your expectations.
What would your wife think of you having a lady over?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
What would your wife think of you having a lady over?

My 9th wife left awhile back , took the dog and good car with her.
The only "lady" coming over to see me , is Shizzo in drag. :o

I figure I'm loved by all on GetBig, so I got that going for me.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V

Very true.

Working in the development world, i've met a bunch of legit millionaires. They ALL have problems and stress out just like anyone else.

Imagine having 10 million tied up in a development project and the market changes. This happen to a good client of mine. He built 3 class A office buildings in Houston just before it all changed. 2 buildings are completely unoccupied and have been sitting for almost 5 years; the other building is about half rented out. Nobody will pay the premium per SF for the space because they can get something much cheaper that is comparable. He had a large oil company that was going to buy an entire 6 story building from him and they backed out while it was under construction due to the change in oil prices.

He's losing his ass, but has the money to let them sit.

Just a really bad investment.