Author Topic: Obama: Corruption, Deception, Dishonesty, Deceit and Promises Broken  (Read 221923 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: Step by Step: How Obama is collapsing America and destroying the nation
« Reply #375 on: March 07, 2011, 09:01:12 AM »

everybody who eats oranges can die and go to hell you commies  ;D ;D

yes this is the worst thing in the history of the Universe. Damn orange eaters.. you know who also ate oranges, Satan... yes satan himself ate oranges. Obama=the son of satan.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #376 on: March 07, 2011, 09:05:01 AM »

Word has it that the Orange Growers Association of America was exempted from Obamacare.  I think this is worthy of congressional investigation, but only after the repub House votes upon their 97th Anti-Abortion bill in the last 6 weeks.
Aww Shit.. its fuckin over for this Cynical Citrus Consuming Communist. Time to go down Orangebama... oh yeah... i forgot to add a few  ::) ::) ::)
You dont even know.. youre in the dark, i guess fruit is not your strong suit ::) ::)
Get a clue...

Youtube about oranges..

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2011, 09:05:33 AM »
i don't know if this is related but hitler drank orange juice  :D

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2011, 09:06:23 AM »

aww fuck its all coming together now..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2011, 09:09:25 AM »

Those citrus swilling m********ckers. 

You can peel this orange from my cold sticky hands...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2011, 09:14:55 AM »

aww fuck its all coming together now..

and what color are oranges ? orange, and what color was  obama's shirt on oct 15 that's right orange , do you see where this is going  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2011, 09:18:54 AM »
David Rosenberg's Explanation Why The Real Unemployment Rate (U-3) Is 12%
ZeroHedge ^ | 3/4/2011 | Tyler Durden

Pretty much precisely what noted earlier today: "A couple of behind-the-scene facts: from October to February, an epic 700k people have left the work force. If you actually adjust for the fact that the labour force participation rate has plunged this cycle to a 27-year low the unemployment would be sitting at 12% today. Moreover the employment-to-population ratio — the so-called “employment rate” — stagnated in February at 58.4% and is actually lower now than it was last fall when “double dip” was the flavour du jour."

PAYROLL REVIEW – NICE JOB, SHAME ABOUT THE PAYCHEQUE, from Gluskin Sheff

The widespread reaction to the jobs report today is uniformly positive. I think a dose of reality is really needed here. It may as well come from this pen. The headline print of +192k was in line with published estimates but following the slate of ISMs and the ADP report, the “whispered” number was closer to +250k. Of course, there were the upward revisions to the back-data that showed net gains of +58k so one could easily respond that adjusted for these, the topline did indeed meet these “whispered” estimates. The employment diffusion index jumped to a 13-year high of 68.2% from 60.1% in January, but beware of peaks and troughs in this index (i.e. it would have been a mistake to extrapolate the 17% low in this job dispersion measure at the March 2009 market trough).

Here is what I think is important: because of the winter storms, we really have to average out the past two months. So the January-February average for payrolls is +128k. Allowing for a similar reading in March that we received in February would generate an average increase for the first quarter of around 150k. That is little changed from what employment gains averaged on a monthly basis in the fourth quarter. So while we are seeing positive job growth, it is not accelerating even though we are coming off the most intense impact of the fiscal and monetary easing that was unveiled late last year. In other words, we are disappointed with what is still a lacklustre trend in net job creation, particularly in view of the peak stimulus we are currently experiencing.

What if Q1 is the peak for job growth? If you remember, we ended up with sub-3% GDP growth in the fourth quarter, which is about half of what we should be seeing at this stage of the cycle. And if we are generating jobs at a similar rate in the current quarter, barring a re-acceleration in productivity, growth again will be below 3% at a time when the consensus is closer to 3.5%. But more to the point — what if this represents the peak for the year? Because if there is one thing we do know, it is that this quarter contains all the incremental policy easing impact on the macro data.

What was particularly discouraging was the fact that both the wage number and the workweek were flat. Nominal wages, in fact, have been stagnant in three of the past four months. Weekly average earnings have also been flat or negative in three of the past four months. How on earth can these statistics possibly be viewed as bullish for the economy? The year-over-year-trend in average weekly earnings in the past three months has softened from 2.6% to 2.5% to 2.3% today. At the same time, it is probably reasonable to assume that surging food and fuel costs will bring headline inflation to, and possibly through, 3% in coming months. In other words, the growing risk of falling personal income in real terms, even with the positive growth in payrolls, is a glaring yellow light as far as the consumer spending outlook is concerned.

Aggregate hours worked only managed to tick up 0.2% in February after a flat January. That is total labour input — bodies and hours. So assuming a trend-like productivity performance, we are talking yet again about sub-3% GDP growth, which by itself is okay but considering the peak impact of all the fiscal and monetary steroids being administered this quarter, it is actually disappointing.

Yes, the unemployment rate dipped again to a 22-month low of 8.9% from 9.0% in January and the nearby high of 9.8% in November. This reflected a 250k risein Household employment — the third increase in a row — and a flat participation rate. A couple of behind-the-scene facts: from October to February, an epic 700k people have left the work force. If you actually adjust for the fact that the labour force participation rate has plunged this cycle to a 27-year low the unemployment would be sitting at 12% today. Moreover the employment-to-population ratio — the so-called “employment rate” — stagnated in February at 58.4% and is actually lower now than it was last fall when “double dip” was the flavour du jour.

All that matters in these employment reports is what the jobs environment means for income, because workers generally spend in the real economy. With credit harder to come by, and with fiscal policy soon to become more focussed on austerity, it is the income that the labour delivers that will prove to be the critical determinant of the economic outlook. So while the “spin” may be over near-200k headline payroll gains, another dip in the headline unemployment rate, the organic income backdrop can really only be described as tentative, at best, especially in real terms as gasoline prices make their way to $4 a gallon by the time Memorial Day rolls around.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: March 07, 2011, 09:21:26 AM »
Government posts biggest monthly deficit ever
The Washington Times
11:46 a.m., Monday, March 7, 2011

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/mar/7/government-posts-biggest-monthly-deficit-ever/print

The federal government posted its largest monthly deficit in history in February at $223 billion, according to preliminary numbers the Congressional Budget Office released Monday morning.

That figure tops last February's record of $220.9 billion, and marks the 29th straight month the government has run in the red — a modern record. The last time the federal government posted even a monthly surplus was September 2008, just before the financial collapse.

Last month's federal deficit is nearly four times as large as the spending cuts House Republicans have passed in their spending bill, and is more than 30 times the size of Senate Democrats' opening bid of $6 billion.

Senators are slated to vote this week on those two proposals — both of which are expected to fail — and then all sides will go back to the negotiating table to try to work out a final deal.

© Copyright 2011 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #383 on: March 07, 2011, 09:23:18 AM »

and what color are oranges ? orange, and what color was  obama's shirt on oct 15 that's right orange , do you see where this is going  ;D

aint this a bitch.. all this time.. i thought it was an innocent orange.. but this whole time it was a terroist pot to collapse the nation by depriving it of its citrus supply..

holy fuck.. i just landed on the mother load

Busted! Obama as Hitler was Democrat/Union plant | Orange Juice -

www.orangejuiceblog.com/.../busted-obama-as-hitler-was-democratunion- plant/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2011, 09:59:53 AM »
The ObamaCare Fraud – Administration Admits It’s Unsustainable As Over 1,000 Waivers Granted
By: Curt 0diggsdigg

http://floppingaces.net/2011/03/07/the-obamacare-fraud-administration-admits-its-unsustainable-as-over-1000-waivers-granted

________________________ __________________-

So answer me this. Obama touted his Socialized medicine plan as the fix this country needed to get everyone healthcare. But if it’s so great why in the world do a thousand businesses (and climbing) with hundreds of thousands of employees (and climbing) need to be exempted from this “masterpiece” of legislation?

HHS posted 126 new waivers on Friday, bringing the total to 1,040 organizations that have been granted a one-year exemption from a new coverage requirement included in the healthcare reform law enacted almost a year ago. Waivers have become a hot-button issue for Republicans, eager to expose any vulnerabilities in the reform law.

And as the administration hands out more waivers it is also acknowledging what we all knew long ago. ObamaCare cannot sustain itself and will create a HUGE burden on the taxpayers:

In debate on the health care bill in late 2009, Republicans and moderate Democrats repeatedly warned that sicker people were more likely than healthy ones to sign up for the long-term care plan. Enrollment is voluntary, but the law stipulates that premiums must be set high enough to guarantee the solvency of the program over 75 years. Higher premiums would discourage healthier people from participating, economists and actuaries say.

Administration officials, who played down such concerns 15 months ago, say they now share them. Under questioning by a Republican at a Senate hearing last week, Ms. Sebelius said the original version of the program, known as Community Living Assistance Services and Supports, or Class, was “totally unsustainable.”

She told the House Ways and Means Committee, “We very much share the concerns that have been expressed that, as written into law, the framework of the program was not sustainable.”

So, the CLASS act….which Obama used to sell the program as sustainable, really isn’t.

It was all one big gimmick used by Obama to make it appear that ObamaCare would actually reduce the deficit. The CLASS Act basically says they can start collecting premiums five years before benefits are provided. So when you look at the ten year budget, as the CBO did, it would show a surplus. Of course those last five years, when ObamaCare really gets rolling, will run HUGE deficits and as the administration now acknowledges…it isn’t sustainable.

To top it all off, and realizing the vulnerability in the law, Obama told the governors at the recent governor meeting that “if your state can create a plan that covers as many people as affordably and comprehensively as the Affordable Care Act does — without increasing the deficit — you can implement that plan.”

Hogwash.

This is not the first time he has come forward with an open hand that in reality was not so open. In September of 2009, he said: “If you come to me with a serious set of proposals, I will be there to listen.” In February of 2009, he said: “I won’t hesitate to embrace a good idea from my friends in the minority party.” As we know, Obama went forward with his approach, and Obamacare passed with no Republican votes and 34 Democratic votes against it in the House.

…The problem with this [new] offer, and Obama’s previous offers of flexibility, is the vagueness of the key words. He gets to decide what is “serious,” what is a “good idea.” In this case, he — specifically, skeptical senior officials at HHS — gets to decide in advance whether market-based reforms would “create a plan that covers as many people as affordably and comprehensively.”

Pass a law requiring everyone to buy healthcare, then give out thousands of waivers. Tell everyone the law will pay for itself to get it passed, once its passed let everyone in on the secret…it really won’t pay for itself. And finally tell the states “well, if you can do a better job…do it. but I get to decide if it really is better.”

Smoke and mirrors.

That’s all this administration is about.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: March 07, 2011, 10:10:28 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #387 on: March 07, 2011, 10:17:01 AM »
Gates Says U.S. May Stay in Afghanistan Past 2014 Deadline
 Mark Wilson/Getty Images
 By Sara Sorcher
Monday, March 7, 2011 | 12:25 p.m.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/nationalsecurity/in-surprise-afghanistan-visit-gates-says-u-s-may-stay-past-2014-deadline-20110307

________________________ _______--

Defense Secretary Robert Gates said from Afghanistan on Monday that the U.S. military is well positioned to start withdrawing some troops in July, though he said a U.S. presence may remain in the country past the 2014 deadline to transfer security control to local forces.

Gates arrived in Afghanistan on Monday on an unannounced trip to meet with Afghan President Hamid Karzai and visit the country's restive eastern and southern provinces to assess conditions as he decides how many troops to withdraw in July. Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell told reporters en route to Afghanistan that "there are more talks to take place and more work to be done once [Gates] is home," before any official decisions are made about the size and scope of troop withdrawals.

Gates told troops in Afghanistan that the U.S. may remain in the country past a 2014 deadline for the end of combat operations to train Afghan soldiers. "Here in Afghanistan, we're in the process right now of beginning a negotiation with the Afghan government for a long-term security partnership.... We are fully prepared to have a continuing presence here assisting the Afghans after 2014.... Obviously it would be a small fraction of the presence that we have today," Gates said, according to Agence-France Presse.

The issue of civilian casualties was also part of Gates's visit: Karzai on Sunday rejected the personal apology of Gen. David Petraeus, top commander of U.S. and NATO forces there, for the mistaken killings of nine children in Afghanistan last week when two helicopters fired on what they thought were insurgents. Petraeus apologized for the incident at an Afghan National Security Council meeting Sunday in addition to his public apology last week.

"The people of Afghanistan are tired of these incidents and excuses, and condemnations cannot relieve their pain," Karzai said Sunday.

Gates addressed the issue at a news conference alongside Karzai, saying that the incident "breaks our heart," and called it a "setback" for U.S. relations with the Afghan people. Karzai accepted the apology.

From Afghanistan, Gates will fly to Germany to visit the U.S. Africa Command and then continue to Brussels to attend a meeting of NATO defense ministers.

________________________ ________________________ ___-

Ha ha ha- DU and HP are going to be in meltdown over this.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #388 on: March 07, 2011, 12:04:09 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #389 on: March 07, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #390 on: March 07, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »
BOOM... I cracked the case!!!!!

Obama and the Orange CT.. its over..

http://slog.thestranger.com/2008/02/oranges_for_obama

So I was staring at a pile of mandarin oranges on my kitchen counter last night, wondering what I could do to get people who weren’t thinking of caucusing to caucus. I’ve never caucused before. I think it sounds fun. Also, I’m not the greatest neighbor. I don’t do neighborly things. I decided I’d knock on doors on my floor in my apartment building an hour before it’s time to caucus, offer an orange, and see if any of my neighbors wanted to walk to our caucus site together. It’s morning in America, etc.

I knocked and knocked and knocked. No one’s home. Except the couple down the hall who apparently are in a huge fight. Just as I was about to knock, I heard the guy shout: “No one’s ever told you you sound like a girl when you talk that way?” So I didn’t knock. Nevertheless, I felt pathetic. Everyone else is out scaling mountains; I’m knocking on doors.

I went down two floors and knocked on my building maintenance guy’s door. He answered. I said, “Do you want an orange? O is for Obama.” He said he can’t eat oranges because they have sugar in them or something. I asked if he wanted to walk to the caucus site anyway. He said, “That’s today?”

So we’re going to go together. I think I’m going to bring all these oranges. Bargaining chips

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #391 on: March 07, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »
Government Motors By the Numbers
National Legal & Policy Center ^ | March 7, 2011 | Peter Flaherty

News coverage of General Motors over the past few weeks has painted an increasingly glowing picture, but here's a dose of reality: GM still has not repaid taxpayers for the bailout and it's looking less and less like taxpayers will ever be made whole.

Unlike much of the media, we actually spent a considerable amount of time looking behind the press releases to see what GM's numbers really say about the health of a company taxpayers now own. This week, we will be sharing with readers a more realistic picture of the company's health. The bottom line: The picture is far less rosy than GM would like you to believe.

GM's Share Price: Will taxpayers ever be made whole?

Remember these promises?

"Recent progress at GM gives reason for optimism that it may be possible for taxpayers to get every penny back." Steve Rattner , Presidential Task Force on the Auto Industry (11/18/2010)

"American taxpayers are now positioned to recover more than my administration invested in GM." President Barack Obama (11/18/2010)

"The government's investment is well placed, and I think they'll make a lot of money." Former GM CEO Ed Whitacre (11/18/2010)

GM's share price closed below its $33 IPO price for the first time on March 1st. The company has underperformed the S&P 500 by 15% since the beginning of the year. The Middle East is in turmoil and gas prices are skyrocketing. Not a good harbinger for GM's share price.

Now the Feds say that they want to get out of their GM position as soon as possible. Their first opportunity to do so will be when the government's "lockup period" ends in May.

But according to the House Oversight Panel's January update on TARP and the auto industry, for U.S. taxpayers just to break even on the government's historic $50 billion "investment", GM shares will need to trade at $54.28 -- a whopping 65% premium over GM's March 1st closing price. (GM went down further today.)

From the November IPO to the March 1st close, GM's shares have been range bound between roughly $34 and $39 per share. Does anyone really believe that we will see a 65% explosion to the upside for GM shares in the next several months? How about in the next year? Two years?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: March 07, 2011, 05:43:18 PM »
 The Huffington Post March 7, 2011   
This is the print preview: Back to normal view »  Sam Stein

HuffPost Reporting

stein@huffingtonpost.com

Senate Dems Consider Health Care Fix That Could Hit Poor Consumers The Hardest

First Posted: 03/ 7/11 05:37 PM Updated: 03/ 7/11 06:57 PM

Read More: 1099, Democrats Health Care, Poor People Health Care, Senate Democrats, Senate Democrats Health Care, True-Up, Politics News

WASHINGTON -- Democrats on the Hill are growing increasingly convinced and, in some cases, concerned that in an effort to offset the cost of repealing a tax requirement in the president’s health care bill, the party will settle on a policy that jacks up insurance prices for low-income Americans.

The policy prescription, known as a “true-up,” and well-outlined by Talking Points Memo’s Brian Beutler, is the favored approach of House Republicans. Under the true-up, individuals who receive subsidies to help purchase insurance would be subject to heightened penalty from (or payback to) the IRS, starting in 2014, should they move up income brackets.

Up until last weekend, it seemed likely that Senate Democrats would balk at such an approach, wary that it would come off as penalizing the poor and discouraging those in need from taking subsidies to purchase insurance. But now, sources with knowledge of the conversations say, the party is leaning toward adopting the House GOP language in an effort to pay for the repeal of the law’s 1099 provision -- an unpopular requirement that requires small business owners to make excessive tax-reporting requirements.

“This is very real,” said one knowledgeable Senate source who was adamantly opposed to the proposal. “There are people talking to [leadership], letters from members, who are trying to make this not happen. But it is very, very real.”

A Senate Democratic aide confirmed that assessment.

Under current law, households that receive subsidies to purchase health care and work their way into higher income brackets would only be forced to pay the IRS back $600 or less. Those receiving federal tax credits based on their 2013 income level, the theory goes, should have to pay back some of that money if they get richer by 2014, since the lower the recipient's income, the more generous the subsidies.

The revised law, which the House passed and the Senate is now considering, would raise the penalties -- in some cases, by thousands of dollars. Households that move into an income bracket of 300 to 400 percent above the federal poverty line would have to pay up to $2,500 back to the IRS. For those that move into the range of 200 to 300 percent above poverty, that cap is $1,500. For those who move into the 100 to 200 percent range, it is $600. Those who move above the 400 percent range, which is the limit for qualifying for a subsidy in the first place, coule face a payback even higher than $2,500.

“It would cause a significant number of people, through no fault of their own, to have a significant liability at the end of each year,” said Ron Pollack, the founding executive director of Families USA, a national lobby for health care consumers. “And that is going to be both puzzling and troubling for people affected. The second problem is, as more and more people learn about these problems, fewer people will seek tax credit subsidies to help them afford premiums. So I think this would undermine the ability to provide affordable health coverage for many middle- and moderate-income people and families, and that would undermine a key goal of the Affordable Care Act.”

A spokesman for Families USA, following up on Pollack’s statement, noted that the Congressional Budget Office estimates that the fix could jeopardize coverage for approximately 250,000 people.

As to why the Democratic Party would lean on the backs of the poor and middle class to pay for the 1099 fix, Pollack could only speculate. The latter was so unpopular, he said, that lawmakers likely were eager to move quickly to fix it, even if it meant adopting House Republican language without much of a protest. That said, as of Monday morning, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s office was cautioning reports that there were “concerns with the unintended consequences of the health care credit offset.” Further consultation with the leadership team was needed, Reid's office said.

UPDATE: Michelle Nawar, Director for Legislation at the Service Employees International Union, tells The Huffington Post that the labor group is working the Hill encouraging Senate Democrats to defeat the "true-up" pay for. The union, she adds, will be scoring the vote – as good an indication as any that there will be a political price to pay for those who support the House-passed provision.

“We are very disappointed that Senate leadership seems to want to go in this direction,” Nawar said. “We’re very upset that they appear willing to except this proposal that puts the burden on low-income families.”

As for the state of play in the Senate, a Democratic operative on the Hill relays that the party does appear “extremely close” to passing the true-up revision. The thinking, the operative relays is that leadership just wants to get the 1099 issue dealt with. The White House is opposed to the fix being discussed. But they don’t seem too eager to threaten a veto either.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #393 on: March 07, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »
U.S. Treasury Drew Down Its Cash Balance by $81.6 Billion in Just First 4 Days of March
Monday, March 07, 2011
By Terence P. Jeffrey [/b

A view of the U.S. Treasury Department in Washington. (AP File Photo/Evan Vucci)

The U.S. Treasury is depleting its cash at an accelerating pace, drawing down its cash balance by $81.6 billion in the just the first four days of March, leaving the federal government with only $108.9 billion on hand, according to the Daily Treasury Statement released Monday afternoon.

At the beginning of February, the Treasury had $349.1 billion in cash on hand, but spent that down by $158.5 billion during the month, ending February with only $190.6 billion on hand.

Were the government to continue to draw down its cash balance at the $20.4 billion-per-day rate that prevailed in the first four days of March, it would spend its way through its final $108.9 billion in little more than five days.

Under current law, the U.S. Treasury may only run the national debt up to $14.294 trillion. At the end of February, according to the Treasury’s Monthly Statement of the Public Debt, the total debt subject to this legal limit was $14.142331 trillion—just $151.669 billion short of the limit.

Had the Treasury not spent down the $81.6 billion in its cash balance in the first four days of this month and borrowed that money instead, it would have significantly reduced its remaining legal borrowing authority.

For the Treasury to borrow more than the current $14,294 limit, Congress and President Barack Obama will need to enact new legislation authorizing the Treasury to increase the national debt up to whatever new limit they find agreeable.

The Treasury’s largest single expenditure in the first four days of March, according to the Daily Treasury Statement, was paying off maturing debt. During those four days, Treasury paid $128.477 billion to redeem old bonds. At the same time, it borrowed $133.196 billion by selling new bonds.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/us-treasury-drew-down-its-cash-balance-8

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: March 07, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »
WOLF: Obamacare vital signs starting to fade
Court puts law on the fast track to judgment day
By Dr. Milton R. Wolf
-
The Washington Times
6:11 p.m., Monday, March 7, 2011

________________________ ______________________

Obamacare is living on borrowed time, and even its most ardent supporters are beginning to realize it. That's why they're racing to implement - and entrench - as much of the plan as possible before the laws of economics and the laws of the land and voters catch up. They're like a deadbeat renter starting a remodeling project after being evicted but before the police escort them from the premises in hopes that it gives them squatter's rights. Meanwhile, two unrelated but devastating events have caused the ground to shake beneath the feet of Obamacare supporters.

A major component of Obamacare is "totally unsustainable." Those aren't the words of Rush Limbaugh or Sarah Palin; no, those belong to the Obama administration's own chief cheerleader, Health and Human Services (HHS) Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, in testimony before the Senate Finance Committee. The program in question, the CLASS Act or Community Living Assistance Services and Support Act, is a massive long-term elderly care entitlement program that was quietly tucked into Obamacare and never got anywhere near the attention it deserves.

Sen. Kent Conrad, North Dakota Democrat, called the CLASS Act "a Ponzi scheme of the first order, the kind of thing that Bernie Madoff would have been proud of." And then he voted for it. I suspect Bernie Madoff would be proud of Kent Conrad. The White House's sleight of hand goes like this: CLASS Act taxes begin in Year 1 but the benefits don't begin until Year 6, so when 10 years of revenues and five years of expenses were calculated, the Congressional Budget Office declared not only that the CLASS Act paid for itself but, as a result, Obamacare overall would reduce the deficit. However, when 10 years of revenues and expenses are counted - even accepting the White House's rosy scenario projections - the CLASS Act goes billions into the red and Obamacare itself raises rather than reduces the deficit.

Mrs. Sebelius agrees with the Medicare chief actuary that the program "is at a significant risk for failure" with or without the accounting gimmick but - channeling the spirit of Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez - she claims the law gives her "administrative flexibility" to bypass Congress and the American voters and rewrite the law to her liking. Such power.

In separate testimony last week, the HHS secretary admitted to double-counting Obamacare's cooked books. The question posed was whether a $500 billion cut in Medicare should be counted toward preserving Medicare or funding the new law. Her own actuary previously acknowledged they must choose one or the other. Mrs. Sebelius' reply? "Both."

Several hundred miles away in Florida, federal Judge Roger Vinson dealt yet another blow to Mr. Obama's health care crown jewel. It was Judge Vinson, of course, who in January declared Obamacare to be unconstitutional. Many from the victorious 26 states that brought the lawsuit have sought to expedite final resolution of the case in the Supreme Court, but the White House has resisted with hopes of delaying their day of reckoning. Instead, the best and the brightest lawyers in the administration opted to request clarification from Judge Vinson regarding his ruling and its effect on implementation. If there's one thing a squatter knows, it's how to stall.

It would be understandable for Judge Vinson to take exception to this tactic since he had already declared quite clearly that "the award of declaratory relief is adequate and separate injunctive relief is not necessary." In other words, once a law is declared unconstitutional, the only option is to stop implementing it.

This week, the White House was smacked with a painful lesson: Be careful what you wish for. Judge Vinson interpreted the administration's request for clarification as a request to stay his own ruling and he granted it - with a big catch. Judge Vinson, saying "the citizens of this country have an interest in having this case resolved as soon as practically possible," has given the White House exactly one week to request that the case be expedited to the appellate court or the Supreme Court or halt Obamacare implementation.

Regrettably, Judge Vinson stopped short of demanding a complete injunction, which not only would have achieved his goal of expediting the case to the Supreme Court but also would have saved taxpayers billions of dollars in the meantime. Still, the administration's bluff has been called.

In case the White House is still unclear, let me offer them the clarification they seek: Get this case to the Supreme Court now and, unless you do, stop spending billions we don't have on an unconstitutional law.

Obamacare may be the crowning achievement of the big-government crowd erecting their ever-expanding entitlement state, but the laws of economics and the laws of the land are racing to see which will take it down first - that is, if the voters don't beat them to it. Even its most ardent supporters call the plan "a Ponzi scheme" and "totally unsustainable" and its date with Supreme Court destiny is about to be fast-tracked.

Obamacare is a skipping stone careening along the water's surface, but the laws of gravity - like the laws of economics and the laws of the land - will always win.

Dr. Milton R. Wolf, a Washington Times columnist, is a board-certified diagnostic radiologist and President Obama's cousin. He blogs at miltonwolf.com.

© Copyright 2011 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/mar/7/obamacare-vital-signs-starting-to-fade/print

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2011, 07:04:50 PM »
IBD Editorials Sponsored by:
. Oil Hypocrisy

Posted 06:52 PM ET

Energy Policy: As the White House goes to court to defend its self-imposed drilling moratorium, it floats the idea of tapping our strategic petroleum reserve to lower rising prices. How about the oil offshore and in Alaska?

Listening to mainstream punditry, you'd think $4 gas is due solely to Mideast unrest and global demand. Those are factors, but so are our self-imposed restrictions on supply.

The administration at least acknowledges that the law of supply and demand exists, with White House Chief of Staff Bill Daley telling NBC's "Meet the Press" Sunday that the White House is considering tapping into the nation's strategic petroleum reserve to counteract upward price pressure caused by fear of supply disruptions from Mideast unrest.

"The issue of the reserves is one (option) we are considering," Daley said. All matters have to be on the table." All options? Does that include opening up the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska, ending a de facto drilling moratorium in the Gulf of Mexico and lifting a seven-year ban on drilling off our coasts?

We think not, for as Daley was uttering those words the administration was speaking out of the other side of its mouth by going to court to appeal a judge's order to act on several Gulf of Mexico deep-water drilling permits. That appeal was made Friday, the same day the national average for a price of self-serve unleaded hit $3.51, up 32.7 cents from two weeks earlier.

The Obama administration appealed an order by District Court Judge Martin Feldman, who on Feb. 17 gave the administration and Interior Department 30 days to decide on five pending deep-water drilling permit applications. He later added two more permits to his order.

It was Feldman who issued an injunction against the administration's total ban on deep-water drilling after the Deepwater Horizon disaster, calling it "heavy-handed, and rather overbearing." The administration had even doctored a report by experts it convened on offshore drilling safety to make it seem as if they approved of the moratorium, which they later said they did not.

When the administration rearranged a few words and phrases and reinstated the moratorium, Feldman found Interior in contempt. In his current order, Feldman said the delay in issuing permits since last year's oil spill was "increasingly inexcusable."

As for a possible oil crisis, it is we who have dug the hole we're in. We could in the short term start issuing those drilling permits being held hostage and in the long term exploit the domestic oil and gas reserves that dwarf anything Saudi Arabia and OPEC may have.

As Jane Van Ryan of the American Petroleum Institute states, the SPR "was established to protect the United States against an interruption of petroleum supplies, such as occurred after the hurricanes Katrina and Rita."

It was not established to respond to or mask the consequences of a deliberate administration policy to have energy prices "necessarily skyrocket" in a futile pursuit of so-called "green" energy, a policy designed to create an artificial shortage orchestrated by an energy secretary, Steven Chu, who once said gas should be at $8 a gallon.

The administration's energy policy, or lack of one, is inexcusable and outright hypocritical — admitting we need to increase supply to mitigate price hikes at the same time it works to restrict supply to make prices go up. We have plenty of oil here in the U.S. Unfortunately, all our dipsticks are in Washington, D.C.

http://www.investors.com/NewsAndAnalysis/Article.aspx?id=565234&p=1

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #396 on: March 08, 2011, 04:50:19 AM »
White House Seeks to Allay Muslims’ Fears on Terror Hearings
New York Times ^ | March 6, 2011 | SHERYL GAY STOLBERG

STERLING, Va. — As a Republican congressman prepares to open hearings on the threat of homegrown Islamic terrorism, President Obama’s deputy national security adviser visited a mosque here on Sunday to reassure Muslims that “we will not stigmatize or demonize entire communities because of the actions of a few.”

The White House billed the speech by the adviser, Denis McDonough, as a chance for the administration to lay out its strategy for preventing violent extremism. But the timing was no accident; Mr. McDonough was in effect an emissary from the White House to pre-empt Representative Peter King of New York, the House Homeland Security Committee chairman, who has promised a series of hearings beginning Thursday on the radicalization of American Muslims.

“In the United States of America, we don’t practice guilt by association,” Mr. McDonough told an interfaith, but mostly Muslim, audience of about 200 here at the All Dulles Area Muslim Society, known locally as the Adams Center. “And let’s remember that just as violence and extremism are not unique to any one faith, the responsibility to oppose ignorance and violence rests with us all.”

Mr. McDonough made no explicit mention of the hearings or Mr. King. But his speech came on a day when the back-and-forth over Mr. King’s plans crescendoed, from the airwaves of Washington’s Sunday morning talk shows to the streets of Manhattan to this northern Virginia suburb, a region packed with Muslim professionals, many of whom are extremely wary of Mr. King and his plans.

In Washington, Mr. King, who represents parts of Long Island, faced off on CNN with Representative Keith Ellison, the Minnesota Democrat and the only Muslim in Congress. Mr. Ellison said he would testify at Mr. King’s hearing on Thursday

(Excerpt) Read more at nytimes.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: March 08, 2011, 05:18:19 AM »
GOP Lawmakers Target $105B in Spending Found in Health Care Law (Obama lies then steals billions)
Fox News ^ | 3/8/2011 | fox news

Republican lawmakers are up in arms over what they say was $105 billion in unannounced spending tucked into Democrats' legislation overhauling the nation's health care system.

Rep. Michele Bachmann, in an interview Monday with Fox News' Sean Hannity, suggested that this spending was one reason Obama and congressional Democratic leaders were in such a hurry to pass the legislation in late 2009.

“We didn’t get the bill until a literally couple of hours before we were supposed to vote on it,” Bachmann told Hannity, saying that the spending was split up and put in different portions of the proposed legislation.

The conservative Heritage Foundation uncovered the spending, which had been tallied by the Congressional Research Service and Congressional Budget Office.

It falls under the heading of mandatory spending, because it is controlled by laws other than annual appropriations acts. Such mandatory funds could remain available for the Obama administration to spend even if Republicans manage to defund the health care law.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #398 on: March 08, 2011, 06:59:33 AM »
i thought you dont quote fox news.. just WSJ or Bloomberg  ::)

***NEWSFLASH***** 3333 LIES AGAIN ABOUT HIS SOURCES...
What a pathetic joke

GOP Lawmakers Target $105B in Spending Found in Health Care Law (Obama lies then steals billions)
Fox News ^ | 3/8/2011 | fox news

Republican lawmakers are up in arms over what they say was $105 billion in unannounced spending tucked into Democrats' legislation overhauling the nation's health care system.

Rep. Michele Bachmann, in an interview Monday with Fox News' Sean Hannity, suggested that this spending was one reason Obama and congressional Democratic leaders were in such a hurry to pass the legislation in late 2009.

“We didn’t get the bill until a literally couple of hours before we were supposed to vote on it,” Bachmann told Hannity, saying that the spending was split up and put in different portions of the proposed legislation.

The conservative Heritage Foundation uncovered the spending, which had been tallied by the Congressional Research Service and Congressional Budget Office.

It falls under the heading of mandatory spending, because it is controlled by laws other than annual appropriations acts. Such mandatory funds could remain available for the Obama administration to spend even if Republicans manage to defund the health care law.

(Excerpt) Read more at foxnews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #399 on: March 08, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
i thought you dont quote fox news.. just WSJ or Bloomberg  ::)

***NEWSFLASH***** 3333 LIES AGAIN ABOUT HIS SOURCES...
What a pathetic joke

You really are  a sad fucking joke and embarassment to the human race.

Bachmann made te same claims on Meet the Press and said the evidence is contained in a congressional report just gven to them on this.   

But dont let that stop you from your triviality.  Being a 95% er is embarrassing dude.  Seriously.