Author Topic: The Gay Marine: Defending His Country, but Not 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'  (Read 4286 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
The prohibition of homosexuality is in the New Testament too. 

This would be news to me.

Chapter-and-verse, please - when you find the time.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
This is a bad idea. Especially in the day and age of continually deployed units. I had a gay soldier recently. I think when he came out he thought we'd gay bash him or something. I told him i could care less if he was blowing half the base but he was going to be expected to do his job. It would have taken him longer to get out on the gay thing then to wait for his ETS. He backed out of the gay thing later after we told him he wasn't getting out quickly. Ur going to put 19 year old kids with weapons with gay soldiers.....this is a bad idea. For the time being don't ask don't tell is good enough.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

Will do.  The battery on my e-Bible just died.   :-\  I've posted this on the Religion board before.  There are two.  One is in Romans, forget where the other one is.  Will post them when I get home tonight (after American Idol of course). 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
This is a bad idea. Especially in the day and age of continually deployed units. I had a gay soldier recently. I think when he came out he thought we'd gay bash him or something. I told him i could care less if he was blowing half the base but he was going to be expected to do his job. It would have taken him longer to get out on the gay thing then to wait for his ETS. He backed out of the gay thing later after we told him he wasn't getting out quickly. Ur going to put 19 year old kids with weapons with gay soldiers.....this is a bad idea. For the time being don't ask don't tell is good enough.

I agree, given the situation it's the best compromise. Human nature being what it is I wouldn't think many homosexual men in the military would want to be out of the closet anyway.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
I think it works fine......look a flamboyant gay is gonna get killed.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Don't have time to quote the text, but here are the chapters and verses:

Romans 1:24-31.

Jude 1:5-8.

Pretty clear condemnation of the lifestyle. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
No it doesn't and I didn't expect a serious answer from you.   ::)  You obviously cannot explain why a person like Anne Heche is a heterosexual, then a lesbian, then a heterosexual married to man and has a kid (but getting divorced).

no big mystery there ...Gold digging opportunism. nuff said.

I think the don't ask don't tell policy is a half baked compromise, but it was the best solution possible at the time.

I think there can be potential problems such as soldiers falling in love on the battle field and it potentially interfering with their ability to function... but whether they are 'out' or 'in the closet' won't change that.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Yeah.  Okay.   ::)  There are organizations who help many people leave this lifestyle.  I've met a couple of them.  How do you explain this? 

And yes what you tend to do when pressed for facts (like scientific proof that homosexuality is genetic) is respond with some dumb picture, joke (that usually isn't funny), or change the subject.  If you're stating that homosexuality is not a lifestyle choice, that's fine.  Many people agree with you.  But don't try and pretend science has proved a genetic link.  That's a load of crap.     

Actually science HAS shown a genetic link, however the information has largely been suppressed by the 'gay lobby' themselves. The fear that bringing that kind of information out could prove the basis for discrimination supported by science. It was felt that we were not socially evolved enough as a society to properly handle it. Can't say I disagree with them there.  :-\
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Actually science HAS shown a genetic link, however the information has largely been suppressed by the 'gay lobby' themselves. The fear that bringing that kind of information out could prove the basis for discrimination supported by science. It was felt that we were not socially evolved enough as a society to properly handle it. Can't say I disagree with them there.  :-\

[chuckle]  Do tell.  It continues to amaze me how this website is the bastion of inside scoops.  Some of you guys possess all this information that the rest of the world apparently doesn't know about.