Author Topic: Worthless trophy...  (Read 6313 times)

Moosejay

Re: Worthless trophy...
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2008, 05:38:09 PM »
HAHA..."Moose" sounds like a nice, genuine guy, but I'm wondering if you are often drunk?

Nah...never tasted liquor or beer in my life.

Just enlightened, Dov.

It feels great!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2008, 05:38:28 PM »
(my fault due to poor hand-off)   

LOL!

Moosejay

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2008, 05:39:21 PM »
LOL!

Really....and THAT I got on video, TOO!

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2008, 05:41:11 PM »
Nah...never tasted liquor or beer in my life.

Just enlightened, Dov.

It feels great!
OK, "Moose"

APPROVED!!! ;)

Moosejay

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2008, 05:44:53 PM »
OK, "Moose"

APPROVED!!! ;)

Why I do thank you, young squire!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2008, 05:50:02 PM »
You are DWELLING in MY dumb thread, Mr. High Roller.

"Now, you kids behave or I am gonna pull this car over and give you something to cry about..."

shut up ass hole

Moosejay

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2008, 06:25:56 PM »
shut up ass hole

You should most assuredly remove OUR flag from your avatar.

You are:

SADDENED and DISAPPOINTED

in your life

and

Terrified by reality.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 07:08:07 PM »
Can't we all just get along?  ???

Moosejay

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 07:10:10 PM »
Can't we all just get along?  ???

EXACTLY!

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2008, 07:11:43 PM »
Ill take the money over the trophy....

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2008, 07:12:57 PM »
EXACTLY!

I'm glad you agree. I just thought I would post this pic of my two sisters to prove a point.

Moosejay

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2008, 07:13:25 PM »
Yeah...as time goes on...only there ain't no money in comps...even for the 'pros'...

Moosejay

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2008, 07:14:06 PM »

I'm glad you agree. I just thought I would post this pic of my two sisters to prove a point.

Oh, sure...I get along well with all!

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2008, 07:24:49 PM »
you are alejandro aproved mossie! 8)

Moosejay

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2008, 07:48:48 PM »
you are alejandro aproved mossie! 8)

Well then I am feeling confident now! :)

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2008, 07:51:36 PM »
Well then I am feeling confident now! :)

you can rock the world now that you are approved by me.. you got my permition 8)

Moosejay

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2008, 07:52:55 PM »
you can rock the world now that you are approved by me.. you got my permition 8)

You have freed my mind and now I will self-actualize, my friend!

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »
...someone mentioned on the Melvin Anthony thread that he does not want to jeopadize his health for a "worthless trophy"...

Robby Robinson, when I was working with him about 8-9 years ago...GAVE me his Master's Olympia medal.

Just like 'that'.

So yes...these guys think little of the trophies they train for....I dunno if I blame them, either

I said that Moosejay...

Maybe I should have made it more clear to everyone what i meant when I said Melvin doesn't want to jeopardize his health for a worthless trophy...While a trophy may have extreme sentimental value to the recipient...It really does not have any monetary value to it...so in hard times the trophy unlike a gold and diamond encrusted superbowl ring can NOT be sold and money obtained since the trophy contains no precious metals or precious jewels. While Melvin or any competitor would be honored to win the Sandow...its only value is in recognition and I don't think anyone would risk their life for recognition if they knew in advance that the path to that recognition is assured death or permanent health issues. I believe that Melvin wants to try and win without going to the extremes that many have gone to in order to win a trophy...I don't blame him IF this is his mindset.

So far as the posters on this board go...it is funny how they condemn everyone that uses pharmaceuticals to get BIG, but then just as quickly condemns them if they don't use enough to get BIG or CUT...go figure...
C

Sharma

• Getbig IV
  • TEAMNASSER4LIFE
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2008, 11:03:05 PM »

Robby Robinson, when I was working with him about 8-9 years ago...GAVE me his Master's Olympia medal.

Just like 'that'.

Post a picture of it.

Moosejay

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2008, 03:14:23 AM »

Post a picture of it.

Actually, I do think I have a pic of it.

Moosejay

« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2008, 03:15:51 AM »

Post a picture of it.

Only if you  promise to never ever talk of or post a pic of his Nasserness again ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2008, 03:18:33 AM »
I said that Moosejay...

Maybe I should have made it more clear to everyone what i meant when I said Melvin doesn't want to jeopardize his health for a worthless trophy...While a trophy may have extreme sentimental value to the recipient...It really does not have any monetary value to it...so in hard times the trophy unlike a gold and diamond encrusted superbowl ring can NOT be sold and money obtained since the trophy contains no precious metals or precious jewels. While Melvin or any competitor would be honored to win the Sandow...its only value is in recognition and I don't think anyone would risk their life for recognition if they knew in advance that the path to that recognition is assured death or permanent health issues. I believe that Melvin wants to try and win without going to the extremes that many have gone to in order to win a trophy...I don't blame him IF this is his mindset.

So far as the posters on this board go...it is funny how they condemn everyone that uses pharmaceuticals to get BIG, but then just as quickly condemns them if they don't use enough to get BIG or CUT...go figure...

Yes Samson...don't even bother trying to figure that out.....I think Platz was online trying to sell his trophies and personal effects...so there you go

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2008, 07:31:05 AM »
I guess the value that some of my trophies have for me is that they are a symbol of a time in my life where I had a passion for an endeavor that made me wake up each morning with a clear cut purpose.  What makes life exciting is to have a challenge. It may seem silly now, looking back at all the effort spent just to stand on stage, oiled up and being compared with other guys for a local show and to ultimately win a "Worthless Trophy." But there was value in the discipline one learns when doing something like preparing for a show, that can be transferred to other goals and projects in life. 

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2008, 07:36:32 AM »
Worthless Threads
No.I dont think so. Really great thread about human psycology.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2008, 08:21:48 AM »
I guess the value that some of my trophies have for me is that they are a symbol of a time in my life where I had a passion for an endeavor that made me wake up each morning with a clear cut purpose.  What makes life exciting is to have a challenge. It may seem silly now, looking back at all the effort spent just to stand on stage, oiled up and being compared with other guys for a local show and to ultimately win a "Worthless Trophy." But there was value in the discipline one learns when doing something like preparing for a show, that can be transferred to other goals and projects in life. 

WELL SAID.....
C