Author Topic: FLEX magazine's rationale for ignoring the role of AAS  (Read 4550 times)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: FLEX magazine's rationale for ignoring the role of AAS
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2008, 07:59:23 AM »
I'll repeat what Robert Chick said and add on:

1. ifbb "pros", nba pros, nfl pros, etc. MUST use steroids these days.  no one wants to see the likes of leafy bug as an ifbb pro.  yes, the kid looks better than 99 percent of us, but at the end of the day he was 150 lbs.  there's no appeal in that, unless you're a chick.  i'd like to look like him, but there's nothing he can sell me that i'd buy.

2. i wonder how many nfl fans go "man, michael strahan lost 45 lbs since he won the superbowl 8 months ago.  he was on steroids and couldn't tackle shit now".  of course he was on steroids, and if you watched michael broadcasting this weekend, you'd see he's a shadow of his former self, even from 8 months ago.  does that make him any less of a football player?  shit, look at howie long, troy aikman, etc.  they all look like plain joe's now.

3. no one wants to go to a baseball game, and watch walks, bunts, singles, and an occassional double.  everyone wants to see a home run and a shattered bat at every at-bat.  no one wants to see a "solid 2.7 yards per carry" and an average score of 6-3 at an nfl game.  just get used to it.  money makes the world go round and these people do what it takes.

Listen  up schmoe.  The difference is this.  BBing is ALL drugs.  Despite what your man Chick says.  Thoe ofhter major sports require talent.  Take the drugs out of those sports you'd still see amazing athletic talent.  Take the drugs out of bbing and you'd see guys like this:

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2008, 08:11:27 AM »
The NFL linemen were a shadow of their former selves some years back, and dropping like flies from injuries.....amazingly.. .the testing became buried and is only brought up here and there with a lame example.

BB would be around too....a little smaller, and a little less freakier...just as other athletes are a little slower, a little more supceptable to injury, etc...

Chick if you think for one second that the microscopic AAS use in NFL is anywhere near the rampant abuse of AAS in the IFBB then you are beyond delusional.
Chick, you dont know the first thing about the NFL of the players. Most dont even lift weights during the season.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2008, 08:14:13 AM »

and the Great Bob Chick is always there to defend the lovely IFBB...... ;D

It's much less defending the IFBB, and defendng against stupidity....this seems to be a stomping grounds for the "not too bright".

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2008, 08:16:15 AM »
Chick if you think for one second that the microscopic AAS use in NFL is anywhere near the rampant abuse of AAS in the IFBB then you are beyond delusional.
Chick, you dont know the first thing about the NFL of the players. Most dont even lift weights during the season.

Trust me son...I know quite a few NFL football players, and former ones...if you think the use of PED are "microscopic" you're delusional...lol

The fact that most dont lift weights during the season would lend to the use even more...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2008, 08:22:55 AM »
Listen  up schmoe.  The difference is this.  BBing is ALL drugs.  Despite what your man Chick says.  Thoe ofhter major sports require talent.  Take the drugs out of those sports you'd still see amazing athletic talent.  Take the drugs out of bbing and you'd see guys like this:

Yep...got me there...great example using Tom, who doesn't train, eat, take AAS, and is on dialysis.

Try taking a look at Gaspari, Labrada, Larry Scott, Bill Pearl, Serge Nubret and many other retired pro BBers who still train regularly...

Different sports require different levels of athletisism, and talent....Football is more athletic than Golf...two different worlds...BB is different than both, and requires different skills and talent. There's always more than meets the eye when it comes to the requirements of what it takes to be the best in a given sport...or course, you probably think diving is just "jumping into the water", right?

Step onstage sometime, then you'll have a whole different outlook...and appreciation.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2008, 08:23:36 AM »
i dont think tom prince and flex wheeler would be freaks without the juice.

James_Cook

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2008, 08:28:14 AM »
My favorite sport is football, and I watch as much as I can. I couldn't care less what guys are doing stuff and what guys aren't. As long as the game is entertaining and they aren't killing themselves I am willing to turn a blind eye,

I agree.  As a fan, you should not be concerned about that.  I feel that AAS in bodybuilding is a celebration of how far technology has progressed.  computers, machines and drugs are here to serve us and make us bigger, faster stronger.  Natties have their place in bodybuilding.  I dont think anyone see's Jay Cutler as 'The Healthiest Man in the World".  Fans want the mass monsters and you cant put that Genie back in the bottle (no pun intended).  I think it should be legalized though.

Because the problem is that these drugs are ILLEGAL.  With that premise, the end of the Mr Olympia should have a posedown and then the DEA should walk out onstage, put handcuffs on all of them and lead them offstage into squad cars. (that would be pretty funny).  So either make it legal or get rid of it.  It just seems like it's rewarding the biggest criminal..

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2008, 08:33:42 AM »
I'll repeat what Robert Chick said and add on:

1. ifbb "pros", nba pros, nfl pros, etc. MUST use steroids these days.  no one wants to see the likes of leafy bug as an ifbb pro.  yes, the kid looks better than 99 percent of us, but at the end of the day he was 150 lbs.  there's no appeal in that, unless you're a chick.  i'd like to look like him, but there's nothing he can sell me that i'd buy.

2. i wonder how many nfl fans go "man, michael strahan lost 45 lbs since he won the superbowl 8 months ago.  he was on steroids and couldn't tackle shit now".  of course he was on steroids, and if you watched michael broadcasting this weekend, you'd see he's a shadow of his former self, even from 8 months ago.  does that make him any less of a football player?  shit, look at howie long, troy aikman, etc.  they all look like plain joe's now.

3. no one wants to go to a baseball game, and watch walks, bunts, singles, and an occassional double.  everyone wants to see a home run and a shattered bat at every at-bat.  no one wants to see a "solid 2.7 yards per carry" and an average score of 6-3 at an nfl game.  just get used to it.  money makes the world go round and these people do what it takes.

Good post.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2008, 08:48:09 AM »
Trust me son...I know quite a few NFL football players, and former ones...if you think the use of PED are "microscopic" you're delusional...lol

The fact that most dont lift weights during the season would lend to the use even more...

With all due respect Chick, have you ever even put on a jock strap before? And no, speedos and posing trunks dont count. 

Chick you have never been an athlete nor will you ever be one. So please stop speaking with any sort of authority on the subject matter. Not only that but you dont possess and skill set relevant to training bbers or athletes, weather it be drug protocol, strength training or nutrition.

Chick unlike BBers , NFL players are genetically BIG. If you look across Rivals.com at the top HIGH SCHOOL recruits many of the linemen are in the 280-300 mark and over 6'2" , Are they all JUICING???? lol

So are we talking PED or AAS now? Either way the use is still microscopic in comparison with the over the top abuse in the IFBB.

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2008, 08:50:20 AM »

Guess you never read Lyle Alzado's cycle then. ::)

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2008, 08:52:38 AM »
Guess you never read Lyle Alzado's cycle then. ::)

LOL tell me you got more then 1 guy who played 20 years ago :D

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2008, 08:54:02 AM »
With all due respect Chick, have you ever even put on a jock strap before? And no, speedos and posing trunks dont count. 

Chick you have never been an athlete nor will you ever be one. So please stop speaking with any sort of authority on the subject matter. Not only that but you dont possess and skill set relevant to training bbers or athletes, weather it be drug protocol, strength training or nutrition.

Chick unlike BBers , NFL players are genetically BIG. If you look across Rivals.com at the top HIGH SCHOOL recruits many of the linemen are in the 280-300 mark and over 6'2" , Are they all JUICING???? lol

So are we talking PED or AAS now? Either way the use is still microscopic in comparison with the over the top abuse in the IFBB.

Good post Devon.  Of course Chick will say he played sports in high school.  LMAO.

Now, one last time for Chick.  No drugs in IFBB = No IFBB.  No drugs in MLB, NFL or NBA = Drug Free MLB, NFL and NBA.  Get it now moron?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2008, 08:56:22 AM »

pretty sure Bob has said that he's played football.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2008, 08:58:49 AM »

LOl...wow...couldn't have picked a worse guy to try and make an example of....played football and baseball since I was able to walk, ran track, 220/ high jump/ 50... wrestled for 2 years...we won our state Football championship in H.S....was the starting tailback with a 4.5 40....undefeated. Was an American Gladiator...play Golf with a tournament index of 14, won 2 championships in this past year, Club Championships coming up THIS week (I'll dedicate the trophy to YOU!)......bowled for many years, carried a 195 average...

Other than that...

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2008, 09:02:21 AM »

LOl...wow...couldn't have picked a worse guy to try and make an example of....played football and baseball since I was able to walk, ran track, 220/ high jump/ 50... wrestled for 2 years...we won our state Football championship in H.S....was the starting tailback with a 4.5 40....undefeated. Was an American Gladiator...play Golf with a tournament index of 14, won 2 championships in this past year, Club Championships coming up THIS week (I'll dedicate the trophy to YOU!)......bowled for many years, carried a 195 average...

Other than that...

Hahahahahahaha...I pegged that one.  HS football.  Did you play for Polk High?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2008, 09:06:46 AM »
to emn1946 or whatever, settle down dickhead.

the aas use in the ifbb's most likely higher than in pro sports.  and a "drug free" nba, nfl, mlb, etc. would be a shitty one to watch.  sure , people will still watch it, but the money in it would go down to the money made pre-steroids, i.e. "pro athletes" having to get second jobs to support their families like they did in the "golden era" of pro sports that you so yearn for.
Deep Tissue Massage

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2008, 05:49:47 PM »
Here is the bottom line:

1) Flex magazine blatantly lies to its readers with idiotic claims such as "get big like this" next a picture of johnnie jackson, without any mention of a drug protocol.

2) The IFBB should remove any mention of "drug testing" from their so called rule book.
Pointing at other sports and crying "but they use drugs too!" is silly comparison to rationalize/justify ones own drug use.

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2008, 07:38:51 PM »
WHAT A FUCKING JOKE!!!  Without their "little helper" this "sport's" base is cut over 50%.  Don't believe me?  See what happened the year everyone went natural in the Olympia (Don't remember the year but Lee Haney looked like shit compared to what we are used to seeing.) The IFBB needs drugs to survive, anyone that doesn't believe that is foolish.  

They just enjoy pulling the wool over people's eyes portraying the IFBB as some corperation that gives a crap about health and fitness when the very "athletes" that make the IFBB their money (guys and dolls) are walking pharmacies.  What's just as bad is the sick supplement companies that get away with selling their shit and use pros to sell their garbage and the uninformed public believes these assholes get they way they do because of their garbage.  This whole industry is a fucking sick, sick joke and only a handful of people make real money from it while the dumbasses struggle to get by.  Only in the IFBB. ::)
THAT EXPLAINS WHY YOUR HERE.... ::)

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2008, 07:42:20 PM »
LOL tell me you got more then 1 guy who played 20 years ago :D
BRUTAL ATTEMPT TO GET ON A BBING BOARD TO ACT LIKE NOT LIKING MEN.......WOW  ::)

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2008, 03:49:49 AM »

Can someone get this boy a reality check!

MICROSCOPIC! are you insane? There isn't a professional sport that isn't riddled with the use of performance enhancing drugs.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2008, 04:07:59 AM »
You can tell these guys dont get out from behind their keyboards much, there is some of AAS  in high school football, but at college its as common as taking sports supps, the NFL come on you guys you cant be serious, theres more GH abuse in the nfl than what there is in bodybuilding, simply as they have a shitload more cash.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2008, 04:26:36 AM »
i dont think tom prince and flex wheeler would be freaks without the juice.

Youre quite the "freak" without the juice "Mars".  ::)

All joking aside, i agree with Bob on all of his posts.

Haters will be haters.