Author Topic: No morning wood = Overtrained  (Read 18667 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: No morning wood = Overtrained
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 08:23:24 AM »
I'd say at least 1 gram per lb...as a minimun. You probably tried 200grams back when you were natural...try it now. And use something else instead of superdrol...it should only be used for short periods.

yep, you're right, i did it when i was a natty

so what would you recommend besides sdrol?

p.s. i ain't ever gonna inject myself EVER so it's got to be some other oral, maybe tbol?

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 08:26:46 AM »
yep, you're right, i did it when i was a natty

so what would you recommend besides sdrol?

p.s. i ain't ever gonna inject myself EVER so it's got to be some other oral, maybe tbol?

I'm gonna fly over there and pin you right now....

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 08:29:47 AM »
I'm gonna fly over there and pin you right now....

lol

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 08:32:54 AM »
But seriously you have to get over that fear cause testosterone is natural and its much safer than oral steroids. By simply not willing to inject you're really causing your body more harm than good.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 08:35:47 AM »
this may be true for general health purposes but for looking good it's not required

by the way, did you hear about the PhD fella in nutrition that did a self study on so-called "healthy diets"?

basically he ate garbage and still improved his blood work and health profiles ie. his blood sugar rating got better and his cholesterol levels got better etc

all he did was eat very low cals, but he got the majority of his cals from "junk" ie. potato chips, chocolates and candies etc

there's a thread somewhere on here about it
there gives exceptions to the rules but you seem to think you are in everything the golden boy.. in training and nutrition..  ???

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 08:47:51 AM »
oh and by the way i forgot in my 5 main food groups..fats and oils are important.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 10:21:22 AM »
there gives exceptions to the rules but you seem to think you are in everything the golden boy.. in training and nutrition..  ???

wrong

those aren't necessarily my beliefs or opinions on the subject, i'm just providing alternate points of view that's all, so don't try and pin these thoughts on me

also i've NEVER claimed to be an expert on such things, all i've done is just give honest accounts of what did and what didn't work for me

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 10:26:06 AM »
 ok what ever.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2013, 11:11:44 AM »
well keep it simple :
eat from the 5 main food groups.
Vegatables
Fruits
Milk and Dairy (cheese i love)
Meat and Beans (fish,eggs poultry)
Exactly.

Yev33

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2013, 09:49:41 PM »
depends, natty who doesnt diet can and should eat like normal person more or less.

on gear and diet, you need lots of protein.

i mean, feel free to try it, eat 20gramms protein a day and the rest all carbs or whatever and see whaere you get.

I may disagree with you at times about training  but you certainly know how to get and stay lean.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2013, 03:00:32 AM »
I may disagree with you at times about training  but you certainly know how to get and stay lean.
yeah Galeniko is a good Bro .. one of the characters on here. I like people who have their own style.. hell i even like dj. comes over a bit vain at times but is ok. me.. i am direct and straight to the point but thatīs my way.

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2013, 05:44:44 AM »
yeah Galeniko is a good Bro .. one of the characters on here. I like people who have their own style.. hell i even like dj. comes over a bit vain at times but is ok. me.. i am direct and straight to the point but thatīs my way.

I think I can learn something from all of you guys.... I like to keep an open mind.....I think dj may finally be coming around.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2013, 05:53:01 AM »
I think I can learn something from all of you guys.... I like to keep an open mind.....I think dj may finally be coming around.

you mean The Wildhorse is gonna get bit and bridled ;D

hell man! even my girlfriend can't do that, well maybe she can from time to time ;)

so did you get down your amount of work/failure sets?

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2013, 05:55:33 AM »
you mean The Wildhorse is gonna get bit and bridled ;D

hell man! even my girlfriend can't do that, well maybe she can from time to time ;)

so did you get down your amount of work/failure sets?

Oh way down ...also training 1on 1 off at the most.

Training chest today..any suggestions?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2013, 06:48:05 AM »
Oh way down ...also training 1on 1 off at the most.

Training chest today..any suggestions?

my chest is my best bodypart and i built it from only doing 2 exercises

1. bench press with a barbell or dumbells

2. bench to neck with a barbell high reps til failure ie. sets of 15-25 reps

but if you want a bigger chest the KEY is to increase your chest training loads

recently i've been getting best results doing only 2 set til failure PER BODYPART, i was trying up to 4 or even 6 sets but it wasn't working, when i dropped down to 2 then my loads increased and i got bigger pecs

right now all i do for chest is 1 or 2 sets til failure of weighted push-ups, basically a bench press

i'm still pretty weak at it, coz last workout i only got 7 reps til failure with 100 extra pounds strapped onto me

my goal is 8-10 good reps til failure with 150-170 pounds strapped onto me

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2013, 07:07:34 AM »
Think the key for me is gonna be to cut the volume way way down and only go to failure no more than a couple times if that. Gonna focus on getting stronger instead on the few exercises I'll be doing...more rest..adequate food. Pretty much try everything I can to keep growing naturally on 500mg of test.  ;D

But hey, gonna give that bench to neck with high reps to failure a go cause my upper portion could really use it. Tried it before but with lower repetitions and my shoulder started acting up. Shoulder is 100% gtg now after time off with pressing movements and some physio...hope to keep it that way.

Do you get someone to place plates on top of you for push ups btw or do you have some sort of contraption for that?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2013, 07:17:32 AM »
i got a backpack that i load up with plates, right now i load it up with 4 10 kg plates and 1 5 kilo plate

max weight i can load into it is 6 10 kg plates and 3 5 kg plates which equals 75 kg which is 165 pounds

i put it on my front and then put my feet up on my bed and one hand on one chair and the other hand on another chair

these push-ups are even harder that normal push-ups coz you can go even deeper 8)

how much can ya bench ;D

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2013, 07:22:44 AM »
dj are you under house arrest?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 07:28:32 AM »
dj are you under house arrest?

;D ;D ;D

well man, if there could be a house arrest for dullness then yeah maybe i am ;)

so it's that usual for one to enjoy training at home?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 07:49:03 AM »
bench press to the neck is a bad exercise. It will not do anymore for you than incline DB or BB presses. It puts your shoulders in a very bad position, if you learned physiks at school then you will understand this. If i do incline DB presses and flyes my whole upper chest area hurts. Ok then comes the clever answers here with you canīt isolate a muscle..you can shift stress to another area with the angle of bench, body position, hand position. If you are sitting drinking a cup of tea..are your quads active?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2013, 07:57:57 AM »
bench press to the neck is a bad exercise. It will not do anymore for you than incline DB or BB presses. It puts your shoulders in a very bad position, if you learned physichs at school then you will understand this. If i do incline DB presses and flyes my whole upper chest area hurts. Ok then comes the clever answers here with you canīt isolate a muscle..you can shift stress to another area with the angle of bench, body position, hand position. If you are sitting drinking a cup of tea..are your quads active?

This is true....Benching to the neck would totally destroy my shoulders...and I didn't get any discernable benefoit from it..Vince Gironda siad you should do this exercise and it feel good while youre doing it and gives you a good pump but you pay for it later...its a very stressful exercise that the body doesn't recover well from

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 08:01:42 AM »
i canīt even fucking spell physiks...lol  .. itīs my German and it crosses over with English...sad but true... :-\

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2013, 08:15:48 AM »
as destructive as sissy squats... another Gironda favourit. he also told his students to lean back on the leg extension. This i understand and think he was correct on this and the sissy squat will not give you anymore benifit than leg extensions leaning back. the same muscles are worked and safer. Vince Gironda liked to use body angles to change the exercise, as i do myself. He called the leaning back leg extension, "the power thigh extension".

Borracho

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »
;D ;D ;D

well man, if there could be a house arrest for dullness then yeah maybe i am ;)

so it's that usual for one to enjoy training at home?

At times I wish I trained at home....sometimes just can't be bothered with people wanting to chit chat...unless if they have a nice set of breasts ofc.

bench press to the neck is a bad exercise. It will not do anymore for you than incline DB or BB presses. It puts your shoulders in a very bad position, if you learned physiks at school then you will understand this. If i do incline DB presses and flyes my whole upper chest area hurts. Ok then comes the clever answers here with you canīt isolate a muscle..you can shift stress to another area with the angle of bench, body position, hand position. If you are sitting drinking a cup of tea..are your quads active?

Do you think high reps like 15-20 may do more harm than good?

yes, borracho, try to alternate between high volume and heavy training maybe.

i did that, but only bc its impossible to train heavy every time every day ;D

as of now i train light every time.

the body sent me some warning messages in form of joint pains.

Yeah I've been the same way over the years just going by how I feel or by how much time I have. Haven't made a whole science out of my training like some guys keeping logs and what not. Couldn't be bothered and I always felt nutrition is what will determine results. But now I'm willing to sit down and keep a journal like a little school girl if it will really make a difference. I wanna add a little more size without having to take more juice. Its one of those things though...I don't wanna delude myself thinking the size will come if I just "try a little harder and be patient".

This is true....Benching to the neck would totally destroy my shoulders...and I didn't get any discernable benefoit from it..Vince Gironda siad you should do this exercise and it feel good while youre doing it and gives you a good pump but you pay for it later...its a very stressful exercise that the body doesn't recover well from

I can't do behind the neck presses or pull up/pull downs either. This exercise is not shoulder friendly that's for sure.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 08:42:40 AM »
another point i will adress is from Galeniko who wrote i only do leg curls for thighs. Gironda wrote:
Thigh curl(whole thigh)