Author Topic: Abortion doctor shot to death in church.  (Read 42739 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Abortion doctor shot to death in church.
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2009, 08:12:53 AM »
I take it you do not consider pregnancy and motherhood to be life altering?  :-\

hilarious when you hear guys fearful that impregnating a woman will ruin their life,
...but somehow a woman becoming pregnant doesn't experience the slightest change in hers? ???

Now THAT's spin  ::)
pssst there are ways to prevent pregnancy...pass it on

and nobody is saying it wouldnt change her life what we are saying is own up to your responsibilities...

hey jag you never told me the difference between a man who had a one night stand and a husband? why does the husband have a say and the other guy doesnt, did the husband contribute more to the conception of the baby then the guy who had the one night stand?
you ever plan on answering to this wetspot of a statement you spewed out?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2009, 08:20:01 AM »
I take it you do not consider pregnancy and motherhood to be life altering?  :-\

hilarious when you hear guys fearful that impregnating a woman will ruin their life,
...but somehow a woman becoming pregnant doesn't experience the slightest change in hers? ???

Now THAT's spin  ::)
::)
Life altering as compared to life ending? 

Keep spinning spinster-reana

Life is about living with your choices and choosing to have unprotected sex sometimes results in pregnancy and women AND men need to deal with it and not murder a child because they can't handle their life change.  GROW THE FUCK UP AND STOP WHINING!

Other then that however, I'm not for making abortion illegal.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2009, 08:26:56 AM »
Does anyone here find it ironic that strident evangelical crowd that is against any kind of abortion also tend to believe the following (and would also like to enforce it on the rest of us)

1.  Against any form of sex education
2.  Against birth control (some dipshits on this board even like to pretend that condoms don't work)
3.  Against gays being allowed to adopt
4.  Against providing health care of low income kids and adults (think S-CHIP program)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: June 04, 2009, 08:29:14 AM »
Does anyone here find it ironic that strident evangelical crowd that is against any kind of abortion also tend to believe the following (and would also like to enforce it on the rest of us)

2.  Against birth control (some dipshits on this board even like to pretend that condoms don't work)
4.  Against providing health care of low income kids and adults (think S-CHIP program)

while the abortion issue as weve been talking about it on the ethics level has nothing to do with religion i agree its ironic...now stay on topic

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: June 04, 2009, 08:32:28 AM »
Topic police in da house!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #305 on: June 04, 2009, 08:33:53 AM »
while the abortion issue as weve been talking about it on the ethics level has nothing to do with religion i agree its ironic...now stay on topic

it's all related

a certain part of the discussion may be ethical but it's also largely medical which is something the rabid right seems to be oblivious too.

btw - when did I start taking orders from you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: June 04, 2009, 08:43:01 AM »
it's all related

a certain part of the discussion may be ethical but it's also largely medical which is something the rabid right seems to be oblivious too.

btw - when did I start taking orders from you?
it can be related but the idea that abortion is murder transcends religion so therefor pro life is not a religious stance. Ethics plays a big role in this issue and coincides with the medical aspect as well, you trying to seperate the two is dehumanizing the fetus like others have said.

its no more ironic then the left being pro choice and anti capital punishment...

RIGHT NOW..................... .................. ;) (imagine a deep booming voice when you read that)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #307 on: June 04, 2009, 08:47:46 AM »
it can be related but the idea that abortion is murder transcends religion so therefor pro life is not a religious stance. Ethics plays a big role in this issue and coincides with the medical aspect as well, you trying to seperate the two is dehumanizing the fetus like others have said.

its no more ironic then the left being pro choice and anti capital punishment...

RIGHT NOW..................... .................. ;) (imagine a deep booming voice when you read that)

I'll try but I usually imagine you sounding like a whiny little girl (jk)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #308 on: June 04, 2009, 08:53:17 AM »

fyi - abortion is not murder

you of course are free to believe it and apply it to your life is but it is not incumbant that anyone share your belief

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: June 04, 2009, 09:03:36 AM »

you of course are free to believe it and apply it to your life is but it is not incumbant that anyone share your belief

like i told holmes sooner or later im fairly sure that the pendulum as 240 would put it will swing the other way and abortion in the vast majority of cases that it is implemented now will be banned, i trust you will sit there and not bitch about it? public opinion is already starting to shift on the issue as more and more ppl understand that pregnancy is for the most part at least 99.99% preventable so ppl should own up to their actions...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: June 04, 2009, 09:04:10 AM »

and since you cannot give me one logical basis for your belief of when life begins you cant really say that can you?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #311 on: June 04, 2009, 09:07:20 AM »
like i told holmes sooner or later im fairly sure that the pendulum as 240 would put it will swing the other way and abortion in the vast majority of cases that it is implemented now will be banned, i trust you will sit there and not bitch about it? public opinion is already starting to shift on the issue as more and more ppl understand that pregnancy is for the most part at least 99.99% preventable so ppl should own up to their actions...

if/when that happens there won't be any less abortions - they will just be more difficult to obtain and more dangerous  

btw - don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.  Human progress tends to go foward not backward

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #312 on: June 04, 2009, 09:08:48 AM »
and since you cannot give me one logical basis for your belief of when life begins you cant really say that can you?

how many more times are we going to ride this merri-go-round.

Your claim that life begins at conception is simply a default position.  There is no logic behind it.

It's more logical to say life begins at birth than at conception

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #313 on: June 04, 2009, 09:15:40 AM »

the topic of the thread is about a religious nut job that killed a doctor.now stay on topic.
DAWG

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: June 04, 2009, 09:38:44 AM »
Topic police in da house!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: June 04, 2009, 09:42:58 AM »
if/when that happens there won't be any less abortions - they will just be more difficult to obtain and more dangerous  

btw - don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.  Human progress tends to go foward not backward
just depends i guess as birth control becomes more and more accesible to men and women the use of abortions will shrink to what extent iono...LOL in this case we went backwards...hey if they want to say they allow abortions for population control then fine but please dont use the guise that its b/c a women should be able to say what happens to her own body, thats just ignorant shit when she already decided to have unprotected sex in 99.99% of the cases that resulted in the pregnancy to begin with... ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: June 04, 2009, 09:45:41 AM »
how many more times are we going to ride this merri-go-round.

Your claim that life begins at conception is simply a default position.  There is no logic behind it.

It's more logical to say life begins at birth than at conception
LOL like i stated earlier we can use when electrical activity in the brain to determine life since thats what determines death...you keep saying i believe that life begins at conception when all i ever said is that is an option...iono if you just arent getting it or you are spinning shit?

so your ok with abortions up to the point of birth? so an hour or so before giving birth the baby is still not alive to you?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #317 on: June 04, 2009, 09:49:46 AM »
LOL like i stated earlier we can use when electrical activity in the brain to determine life since thats what determines death...you keep saying i believe that life begins at conception when all i ever said is that is an option...iono if you just arent getting it or you are spinning shit?

so your ok with abortions up to the point of birth? so an hour or so before giving birth the baby is still not alive to you?

so there is a brain activity in a cluster of a few hundreds cells?

Here's my bottom line.  I'm OK with a woman doing anything she wants within the confines of our legal system.

I'm also for minding my own business and not pretending that someone else's life choices somehow involve me.

I'm for you doing the same thing too.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: June 04, 2009, 09:49:55 AM »
the topic of the thread is about a religious nut job that killed a doctor.now stay on topic.
:-[

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #319 on: June 04, 2009, 09:53:52 AM »

Really?  Evangelicals are not against birth control to my knowledge.  The Roman Catholic church is, and they are not Evangelicals.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: June 04, 2009, 09:55:11 AM »

Here's my bottom line.  I'm OK with a woman doing anything she wants within the confines of our legal system.

I'm also for minding my own business and not pretending that someone else's life choices somehow involve me.

I'm for you doing the same thing too.
yes there is electrical activity in the brain...how are you just grasping this ive used that example for 8 straight pages?

Ok well like i said if/when the law turns the other way then i expect you to not bitch about it and please dont bitch about unequal pay, glass ceilings...maybe we should go back to when women couldnt vote?

just plain stupid bro again can i go kill ppl if you dont know them and it doesnt effect you?

bottom line is it needs to be determined when life begins which is why ive pressed you to say when it is in your opinion this happens which you havent which is why i have been able to logically nullify every example you have given me.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #321 on: June 04, 2009, 10:04:06 AM »
Really?  Evangelicals are not against birth control to my knowledge.  The Roman Catholic church is, and they are not Evangelicals.

maybe not all but the abstinence only curriculum tries to teach that birth control doesn't work, is dangerous etc..

even one of our resident knuckleheads on this board likes to pretend that condoms "don't work"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #322 on: June 04, 2009, 10:08:03 AM »
yes there is electrical activity in the brain...how are you just grasping this ive used that example for 8 straight pages?

maybe you missed this:

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #323 on: June 04, 2009, 10:10:50 AM »
maybe not all but the abstinence only curriculum tries to teach that birth control doesn't work, is dangerous etc..

Going from that to lumping all Evangelicals in the same group of those who oppose birth control is a huge stretch.  Evangelicals are not against birth control.

even one of our resident knuckleheads on this board likes to pretend that condoms "don't work"

Is this person Evangelical or Roman Catholic?  There is a huge difference.  Do you know what an Evangelical is?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #324 on: June 04, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »
Going from that to lumping all Evangelicals in the same group of those who oppose birth control is a huge stretch.  Evangelicals are not against birth control.

glad to hear it

Is this person Evangelical or Roman Catholic?  There is a huge difference.  Do you know what an Evangelical is?

yes as far as I know