Author Topic: When on hormones should you eat when youre hungry, or just shove calories down?  (Read 27686 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Isn't eating so much meals and so often interrupts with your daily activities ?

btw how much '2 chicken breast' measure?

I always here people saying that but honestly how long does it really take to eat? Those meals local mentioned could all be eaten in 5-10min tops and 2 of them in less than 60sec. So max you've spent a grand total of 42min a day eating and it's probably more like 25-30min if that.

Yes, you have to prepare the food but most guys make a butt load of food in advance....I know people who aren't bodybuilders at all, they don't even workout who make a few meals in advance for the week. I did it for years...every Sunday afternoon was the big cooking day.

The point, if it's important to you, whatever that important thing might be, it doesn't have to be bodybuilding and training, it can be anything but if it's important to you you'll do what you need to do to make it work and a lot of the time that means planning ahead and living your life in an organized fashion that meets your needs.

Yes, I understand this is hard for a lot of people to do....most people like flying by the seat of their pants. Of course then they wonder why their lives suck and end up being those acting like ass-bag 99 occupiers. Of course that's another discussion altogether. 

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
Isn't eating so much meals and so often interrupts with your daily activities ?

btw how much '2 chicken breast' measure?

as i stated earlier, im a pig,, these meals dont touch the sides and as arnie says they take literally mins to eat, dont really take much cooking or preparing either to be honest

youv got to use abit common sence and choose things that are quik to cook, microwaves and georgie formans all the way!!

2 chicken breasts could weigh anything, ive given up worring about food measures

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
guy in the middle just took 2nd in the brit heavies this yr, put alot of size on since then....

here's what im currently eating, would be much more if i was still competitive

6.15.... 100g oats, 50g whey, bannana, handfull of frozen berries, spoon of peanut butter, blended

9.00...  2chkn brsts, sweet pot, apple

12.00.. 2 chkn breasts, sweet pot, pear/orange etc

3.30.   10 eggs, 4 yolks scrambled, 4 slices of wholemeal toast, tin of beans

6.30..   100g oats, 50 whey, bannana, berries, pea butter, blended

7.15/30 train  

9.15     2 tins of tuna, mixed in soup, 2 slices of wholemeal toast

11.00   50g protein, handfull of nuts

now im still starving most of the time, i could clear the fridge out at 3.30, i could easily up the portions or add another meal, but i think i spend enough on me food bill each week as it is

the uk guys would have noticed how much the likes of chicken,steak etc have went up in price the past few years

so arent you proving tbombz's point? sure you eat a shitload, but still your hungry and are not force-feeding/shoving down calories. your simply eating when your hungry, its just happens that your hungry every 3 hours and can eat 7 times a day, but still hold yourself back. so in a sense, you ARENT shoving down clories, because by your own admission, your even legit hungry, but dont eat more...

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
I always here people saying that but honestly how long does it really take to eat? Those meals local mentioned could all be eaten in 5-10min tops and 2 of them in less than 60sec. So max you've spent a grand total of 42min a day eating and it's probably more like 25-30min if that.

Yes, you have to prepare the food but most guys make a butt load of food in advance....I know people who aren't bodybuilders at all, they don't even workout who make a few meals in advance for the week. I did it for years...every Sunday afternoon was the big cooking day.

The point, if it's important to you, whatever that important thing might be, it doesn't have to be bodybuilding and training, it can be anything but if it's important to you you'll do what you need to do to make it work and a lot of the time that means planning ahead and living your life in an organized fashion that meets your needs.

Yes, I understand this is hard for a lot of people to do....most people like flying by the seat of their pants. Of course then they wonder why their lives suck and end up being those acting like ass-bag 99 occupiers. Of course that's another discussion altogether. 
Why is it needed to eat so often if you are not payed to do it or you are not using handful of slin and hgh?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150

ok,,, show me 225 ripped on stage fat boy, then you can back chat me!

im 270 right now, tighter and leaner than youve ever been
i have already posted pictures of myself, your not bigger than me, stage photos dont count bro.. getting shredded, shaving, getting tanned and oiled, under stage lights... makes you look a helluvah lot bigger than you really are.    in all your regular pictures you look very average.

In some ways tbombz is right, you can grow on only 3 meals per day. You can get bigger and stronger but there's a cutoff point to an extent.

If you're wanting a stage presence physique that holds some solid mass you're going to need to eat a lot more and there's no way 3 meals per day will allow you to do this unless you gorge in those three meals and that's going to be horrible for your metabolism even with gear. No, it won't be as bad with gear as it would be without but you won't be maximizing.

As far as force feeding, for most guys, I'd say close to 99% they have no need to force feed. There are some guys though that legitimately have a hard time getting in the calories they need. I can think of one 202 pro who I know for fact has a hard time eating every day, he has never had much of an appetite and eating is basically work for him. When he diets it can even be bad, even then the guy just doesn't want to eat. Weird I know but it does happen. Yes, he eats and eats a good deal, it's just a chore for him.

theres no cut off point so long as your not going hungry. serge nubret ate one meal per day. alot of very big body builders just eat 3 meals per day. dont believe everything you see in videos and read in magazines bro. theyre all also 100% natural donrt you know  :D 

and about 3 huge meals being bad for metabolism.. complete and utter horseshit. metabolism is not dictated by meal size or meal frquency. totally unurelated.

so arent you proving tbombz's point? sure you eat a shitload, but still your hungry and are nor force-feeding/shoving down calories. your simply eating when your hungry, its just happens that your hungry every 3 hours and can eat 7 times a day, but still hold yourself back. so in a sense, you ARENT shoving down clories, because by your own admission, your even leit hungry, but dont eat more...

thats over his head bro.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
the point is your fat, if you dieted down to be stage ready youd be tiny, not small, tiny, your seriously deluded if you dont acknowledge this.. but you kind of have by never getting into that state, i know loads of guys who thought they were big until they got half way thru a prep only to discover how much weight they actually had to loose to be ripped....

id love to see the amazing ripped physique you'd show off with your 3 meal a day diet plan, as eating regularly doesnt affect your metabolism etc

my problem with you is you dish out advices, and you look terrible..... no doubt your a very clever guy on paper, you can make sense of long winded studies etc, but it hasnt got you anywhere

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
I just want to say that all of the big bodybuilders and powerlifters i have met over the years ate a shitload of food.  Maybe not 7 meals a day but they ate massive amounts of food on a daily basis and i know this because i hung out with them every day and saw them eat all the time.  I think for bodybuilders it's important to eat enough to gain weight at a decent rate without getting fat.  That's why i tell people to try and eat a balanced diet and stay away from junk food. 

I don't think anyone should stuff themselves just for the sake of it, but i do know from many years of training that you have to eat a good amount of food to grow.

I don't think the frequency of your meals matters as long as you are ingesting a good amount of calories/protein with each meal.

Just my .02

8)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
the point is your fat, if you dieted down to be stage ready youd be tiny, not small, tiny, your seriously deluded if you dont acknowledge this.. but you kind of have by never getting into that state, i know loads of guys who thought they were big until they got half way thru a prep only to discover how much weight they actually had to loose to be ripped....

id love to see the amazing ripped physique you'd show off with your 3 meal a day diet plan, as eating regularly doesnt affect your metabolism etc

my problem with you is you dish out advices, and you look terrible..... no doubt your a very clever guy on paper, you can make sense of long winded studies etc, but it hasnt got you anywhere

lmao, fuck off retard, post a picture where you look similar

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
same age as u here, no lighting, no tan, no oil.....16st ripped... only handfull of short cycles....what do you weigh in your pic, 230 tops, if u dieted down propperly youd be nothing

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
maybe you could try a pic with your legs in, taken at a propper angle ( not looking up at point blank range) and we can all have alook at the body youve built with years of total drug abuse and expert self advices....

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
guy in the middle just took 2nd in the brit heavies this yr, put alot of size on since then....

here's what im currently eating, would be much more if i was still competitive

6.15.... 100g oats, 50g whey, bannana, handfull of frozen berries, spoon of peanut butter, blended

9.00...  2chkn brsts, sweet pot, apple

12.00.. 2 chkn breasts, sweet pot, pear/orange etc

3.30.   10 eggs, 4 yolks scrambled, 4 slices of wholemeal toast, tin of beans

6.30..   100g oats, 50 whey, bannana, berries, pea butter, blended

7.15/30 train 

9.15     2 tins of tuna, mixed in soup, 2 slices of wholemeal toast

11.00   50g protein, handfull of nuts

now im still starving most of the time, i could clear the fridge out at 3.30, i could easily up the portions or add another meal, but i think i spend enough on me food bill each week as it is

the uk guys would have noticed how much the likes of chicken,steak etc have went up in price the past few years

what a pain in the ass
l

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
same age as u here, no lighting, no tan, no oil.....16st ripped... only handfull of short cycles....what do you weigh in your pic, 230 tops, if u dieted down propperly youd be nothing

not bigger than me..  :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
not bigger than me..  :)
at this stage and pic bombz u showed your thicker ,rounder than local,but losing some water,cut back bodyfat and no your not fat but,,,if you lean back a bit you will show similar look more square ,hard leaness .then u could compare 2 builds,,size,shape.tough to judge bro where u will end up.he looks good local as well.

howardroark

• Getbig IV
  • Resident Objectivist & Autodidact
If you just shove the calories down, you WILL get bigger... the idea being that if your body is in a constant state of excess it will add more muscle than it would otherwise. It is a fairly well-known phenomenon that overeating WITHOUT training will in and of itself cause people to put on some muscle - that's just how the human body works. Of course, this will come at the expense of extra fat gain. So eating when hungry is a good idea if you want to stay lean year-round.

BTW, just throwing this thought out there... GHRP-6 supposedly increases your appetite. Haven't tried it out myself yet, but that's what I've read in quite a few places.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
what a pain in the ass

supposed to be a bodybuilding board.... if u cant even be bothered to eat properly why bother at all...

bombs is fat in the pic, he'd have to loose around 40/50lbs of fat and water to get ripped,,,which would leave him what weight?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
heres some pics of me at 20st and 16.7st.... when i was 25yr old.. im in similar condtion as bombs in 1st pic, possibly leaner as i had a hint of abbs, that took 3 n half stone or 49lbs in your money... youd be surprised how far you have to actually go to get that lean if youve never did it before

madg

agree local..1st time i dieted to 6% was not even funny  :'( i couldnt believe how much i needed lose

notsureifsrs

• Getbig IV
agree local..1st time i dieted to 6% was not even funny  :'( i couldnt believe how much i needed lose
But it also depends on the way you do it and on your start point...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
no one is disputing you local,,,taylor brought it up,,,you look decent offseason you could see some shape there already...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
no one is disputing you local,,,taylor brought it up,,,you look decent offseason you could see some shape there already...

I think some are definitely disputing him. They are saying he doesn't have to eat like he does to be his size and that conditioned. Others, mostly tbombz are saying he's just as muscular if not more and eats the way he does, which is the exact opposite of local.

Sounds like a dispute to me.

I also have my opinion on who's right. tbombz definitely has some muscle on him, no one can deny that. More than local, no. IMO, if he dieted down to stage ready he would not have as much mass as local. This doesn't mean he doesn't have any muscle, just not as much as local.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
Local has more muscle by a long shot.  I like tbombz but he doesn't have as much muscle as he thinks he does.

I still remember the first time i competed i went from 235 pounds to 189 pounds and i was much smaller than i ever thought i would be.  I looked skinny as hell, but i was fucking ripped.

Posting pics doesn't really prove the point of this thread though, it's just a "my dick is bigger" argument at this point.

8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
I think some are definitely disputing him. They are saying he doesn't have to eat like he does to be his size and that conditioned. Others, mostly tbombz are saying he's just as muscular if not more and eats the way he does, which is the exact opposite of local.

I also have my opinion on who's right. tbombz definitely has some muscle on him, no one can deny that. More than local, no. IMO, if he dieted down to stage ready he would not have as much mass as local. This doesn't mean he doesn't have any muscle, just not as much as local.
yeah sorry didn't get my total facts jumped on this late,,,yeah it's the tbombz 3 meal and drugs do rest theory and the local theory usual 5-7 meals planned ..maybe it works for bombz but if he wants to get his build to really go the next level at least conditioning wise and maintain mass he has to go more meals and spaced accordingly,,,,both good guys here either way.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV

Hey AJ,
i think this thread turned into a pissing match between tbombz and local, if i understand correctly, tbombz is saying "eat 3 meals, and if your hungry, eat more... but 3 should be your bare minimum".. i dont think tbombz is saying " you MUST ONLY have 3 meals, and thats the end of story". he is simply saying 3 is the bare minimum, but if you can eat more, more power to you, but DONT GO OUT OF YOUR WAY FORCING FOOD DOWN YOUR THROAT..

on the other hand, local is saying he eatsa 7 meals a day, because he is just a hungry guy, and thats that.. this doesnt contradict tbombz, it just turns out local is hungry all the time...if anything, it seems tbombz is ADVOCATING to eat more if your hungry, where as local here by his own admission downplays his hunger and doesnt listen to his body asking for more calories

Local hero said " now im still starving most of the time, i could clear the fridge out at 3.30, i could easily up the portions or add another meal, but i think i spend enough on me food bill each week as it is" ..

i think they both are saying the same, AT LEAST eat 3 square meals a day, and eat quality food as your body tells you to, if your hungry, have some chicken with broccoli..

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Hey AJ,
i think this thread turned into a pissing match between tbombz and local, if i understand correctly, tbombz is saying "eat 3 meals, and if your hungry, eat more... but 3 should be your bare minimum".. i dont think tbombz is saying " you MUST ONLY have 3 meals, and thats the end of story". he is simply saying 3 is the bare minimum, but if you can eat more, more power to you, but DONT GO OUT OF YOUR WAY FORCING FOOD DOWN YOUR THROAT..

on the other hand, local is saying he eatsa 7 meals a day, because he is just a hungry ####, and thats that.. this doesnt contradict tbombz, it just turns out local is hungry all the time...if anything, it seems tbombz is ADVOCATING to eat more if your hungry, where as local here by his own admission downplays his hunger and doesnt listen to his body asking for more calories

Local hero said " now im still starving most of the time, i could clear the fridge out at 3.30, i could easily up the portions or add another meal, but i think i spend enough on me food bill each week as it is" ..

i think they both are saying the same, AT LEAST eat 3 square meals a day, and eat quality food as your body tells you to, if your hungry, have some chicken with broccoli..

Local is hungry because he eats clean, tbombz eats a lot more of whatever he wants thereby isn't as hungry as often. Further, tbombz argument is that the multiple meals per day is unnecessary, that as long as you're getting the number of calories you need, whether it's in 2-3 meals or 6-7 makes no difference. Local disagrees with this as do I.

goomba420

• Getbig III
  • It could always be worse. Positivity is key.
What do you guys usually eat? im too lazy to cook lol, i used to but it's too time consuming now since im working /school. does anybody use those tyson frozen cooked chicken things?