Author Topic: Berry DeMey......... then and now  (Read 38018 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Berry DeMey......... then and now
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2008, 04:38:38 PM »

great picture, there is no one today, professionally that looks like this

it was physiques like this that inspired me and many others to be bodybuilders, i wonder how many can say that looking at the bloated drug pigs we see today.

+1

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2008, 04:57:12 PM »
I ran into Luiz in Golds Hollywood years ago after he retired,  he was still big then but was making good money personal training, he told me he didnt see the point continuing as he could make  more money personal training than he could competing and he didnt have to risk his health. Smart guy i agreed with him, he was never going to be a top 5 guy, great legs, funnily enough i thnk he qualified for the olympics as a swimmer for Brazil before he got into bodybuilding, more than likely thats when he started using steroids  ;D

Bill Loguidice

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2008, 07:36:42 PM »

great picture, there is no one today, professionally that looks like this

+1

Count me in too.  I seriously doubt if I were a kid today I would be inspired by the current crop of guys.  Some type of aesthetic line was crossed.  I even loved how most of the pro female bodybuilders looked, but obviously not anymore.  I still keep many magazines from the 70's, 80's and early 90's in my gym area, but very little beyond that.