Author Topic: Who here believes that a clean diet gets an outstanding physique?  (Read 24967 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Who here
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2011, 04:05:23 PM »
i never have joint problems cause im a vegetarian /\/eegars
A

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2011, 04:09:21 PM »
straight bar will aggravate your elbows too if you are prone to tendonitis.....it forces your arms into an unnatural position

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2011, 04:09:26 PM »
Good question c, I did eat clean for awhile, and my strength plummeted and I got very flat. I went from 167 @ 9% to 157 @ 7% and my bench went down from 225 for 6 reps to 185 for 8 reps.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #103 on: January 12, 2011, 04:13:05 PM »
I look at it from a common sense standpoint.....there are thousands of nutritionists and doctors that have been trying to make a buck selling diets for 50 years....but these three guys on Getbig have managed to figure out a way to get ripped while eating whatever you want....sorry, not buying it.

Add to the equation that the "pioneer" of this approach is the biggest bullshitter here  ;)

explain how i keep losing weight then ?

even with the extra weight over xmas anyone can see the vast improvements i have made over the past 5 months.

my daily diet normally include curries, chocolate, icecream, pizza, pasta, fries, candy. i lost 39lbs up till xmas ( all documented here)  - took a month off, put some back on.

and now i will stay on till i reach 175. if i don't i'll never post here again.

my strength hasn't went down much either.  ::)

for a bullshit diet its doing wonders.  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #104 on: January 12, 2011, 04:16:49 PM »
Are barbell curls REALLY better than cable curls?  How do you know?

Assuming you have no injuries and aren't using drugs, then yes, bb curls are better, since they force you to do more work. Ideally, you'd start the bicep workout with them (or db curls) and use cable curls towards the end of the workout.

Think about the difference between bb bent over rows and seated cable rows - they are both good and target the same muscle group, but the bb row forces your body to recruit more stabilizers and gives you a thicker look, while the cable rows allow you to focus on just getting more blood/pump in there. It's the same principle for curls.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »
Sorry kiwiol, but you're wrong about the row thing. A muscle only knows resistance, and it doesn't matter if the resistance is from a barbell, a cable, or a machine.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2011, 04:27:10 PM »

even with the extra weight over xmas anyone can see the vast improvements i have made over the past 5 months.

my daily diet normally include curries, chocolate, icecream, pizza, pasta, fries, candy. i lost 39lbs up till xmas ( all documented here)  - took a month off, put some back on.

my strength hasn't went down much either::)

how could you go lower when nothing is your starting point?

bench

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2011, 04:29:02 PM »
Sorry kiwiol, but you're wrong about the row thing. A muscle only knows resistance, and it doesn't matter if the resistance is from a barbell, a cable, or a machine.

I'm not wrong, but your logic is. Yes, a muscle knows only resistance, which means your back muscles get worked in both the bb rows and cable rows. But that doesn't mean that the work load is the same in both exercises.

Your leg muscles only know resistance, regardless of whether you're doing leg extensions or squats, but does that mean there is no difference between the 2 movements?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2011, 04:51:16 PM »
Fair enough, but your comparing an isolation move (ext) to a compound move (squats) and that isn't a fair comparison because compound moves pwn isolation moves. The better comparison would be leg presses to squats, and with that comparison they are equals.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »
Fair enough, but your comparing an isolation move (ext) to a compound move (squats) and that isn't a fair comparison because compound moves pwn isolation moves. The better comparison would be leg presses to squats, and with that comparison they are equals.

No they aren't. Two different exercises are never equal. There is a difference between a barbell bench press and a machine bench press, for example, even though it's the same movement targeting the same muscle group. You do more work with the barbell bench press, which makes it harder - something that anyone who trains hard and is experienced knows.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2011, 04:57:37 PM »
Allow me to expand  ;D

One of the proponents (adonis) is a complete mind-fuck artist....he has made a career out of getting fools to melt over his nonsense

The second(wave) came out of nowhere with an ultra ripped body and said "me too"....the only other pics he has ever posted showed a guy that is in pretty damn good shape regardless

The third (panda) has failed miserably....after 5 months he pretty much looks the same, he dropped a few lbs., but nothing noteworthy and nowhere near the outlandish claims he made.

Other than that you have the occasional poster who claims to be making great progress following this diet but funny, they never seem to post a pic  ;)

Meanwhile you have thousands of people every year who get in shape, get lean and win BBing contests following their "archaic" dieting methods

Fucking nailed it. :)
Trans Milkshake.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2011, 04:58:04 PM »
A lot of guys can press 3 plates a side on a hammer strength incline press, but 3 plates on a barbell incline would drive them through the floor.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2011, 05:08:22 PM »
But, the point is that both barbell benches and machine bench will both build the muscles equally well. FYI, I used to compete in bench press competitions and my PR was 275 @ 165, so I have some decent experience with the barbell bench press.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2011, 05:10:32 PM »
But, the point is that both barbell benches and machine bench will both build the muscles equally well. FYI, I used to compete in bench press competitions and my PR was 275 @ 165, so I have some decent experience with the barbell bench press.

Nope. They'll both build muscle, maybe even well, but not equally ;)

GWAR

« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2011, 05:11:12 PM »
A lot of guys can press 3 plates a side on a hammer strength incline press, but 3 plates on a barbell incline would drive them through the floor.
i can do 10 reps with three plates on hammer strenght and my max bench is 280

w8m8

« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2011, 05:40:01 PM »

my daily diet normally include curries, chocolate, icecream, pizza, pasta, fries, candy. i lost 39lbs up till xmas ( all documented here)  - took a month off, put some back on.

my strength hasn't went down much either.  ::)

for a bullshit diet its doing wonders.  ::)

yeah, its a real miracle worker! ahahahahahaha

listen you fat fuck- i'll write in in capital letters cause you seem to be missing the point.

YOU HAVENT ACCOMPLISHED ANYTHING. YOU WEIGH 2 POUNDS LESS THAN WHEN YOU STARTED. YOU FUCKING DUNCE. LOL

congrats by the way on wasted time and effort- your knack for mediocrity should be applauded.
b

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2011, 06:06:09 PM »
 8) Genetics rule all.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2011, 06:18:49 PM »

And again, for the 1000th time:

You lose weight because you lose MUSCLE and water. Your diet forces the body to pile on more fat once your metabolism has adopted to the lower calorie intake. There are no "vast improvements", you are still a fat slob and look like shit.

What basically happens in your diet is what all fat women have done 10000 times in their lives:
First phase:  you lose weight, in you case muscle due to the poor quality of food because of lower calories.
Second phase: body has adapted to lower calories and stops losing weight, instead start to STORE fat because he fears lower calories coming up again. It's called "yo-yo" effect, read it up.

Then you lower calories again and it starts all over again. With your diet, you will not lose weight, you will get fatter and fatter and fatter.

Now with that other idiot, dj181, what happens is safe and EVERY ONE that has been on low BF and started to bulk has experienced this:
In the first few weeks, how long it lasts depends on the person, you start building up muscle, if you protein intake is high, caloric intake is high and training frequence is high. You look as if you lose fat and build muscle at the same time, and exactly that is also happening. It's called REBOUND.
But this will not last long, you will start getting fat when your diet sucks. You will even start getting fat with a clean bulking diet when you have a caloric excess, but the results will be much better on a clean diet.

I have said this a few times here before: When you want to start a diet, UP you calories by 1000 AND at the same time also BURN 1500 calories more ed, and you results will be much better. You will have a much higher metabolism, and much higher level of physical activity, combining both will result in much better results than doing just one, but it is also much harder.
From this starting point, you can start reducing calories and activity level and diet on from a much better starting point, which means you will have higher calories over the whole diet.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2011, 06:27:40 PM »
Ok, I've got to admit that that was a decent post right there DK, I'm honestly impressed.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2011, 07:46:32 PM »
Ok, I've got to admit that that was a decent post right there DK, I'm honestly impressed.

Impressed??

Dude, there's NOTHING impressive about that post. It's common knowledge that has been around for decades and everyone that has only a little success in BB has gone with it.

If you want to be big AND muscular on a low bf, just stick to what has worked for a long time. Then take drugs into the whole thing and it gets a little twist, but the basics stay the same.

Even on high doses of HGH and steroids you will not get results on a diet of Chunky kitkats, McDonald's every day and ice cream.
The baseline of the diet should be healthy food with a good amount of lean protein.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2011, 08:33:32 PM »

this is what I eat too but Im going for 275 currently at 265 and my old 38inch 'fatgboy'jeans from last year are too big now

up the dosage!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2011, 08:43:24 PM »
Spike how tall are you?

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego