Author Topic: Getbigger nearly dies in paragliding accident  (Read 256 times)

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
Re: Getbigger nearly dies in paragliding accident
« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:11:27 AM »
Doesnt anyone learn their lesson from Ed Leslie??

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:21:15 AM »

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: Today at 11:48:28 AM »

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:59:56 PM »
Good stuff.

Rambone

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:45:12 PM »
Good stuff.

He got a little too frisky with the throttle switch

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: Today at 02:10:18 PM »
This guys life is probably ruined now

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: Today at 02:10:27 PM »

HAHA that's hilarious! But he had the patience to follow through. I don't and will just grab the phone and pick the numbers manually.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: Today at 02:15:07 PM »
HAHA that's hilarious! But he had the patience to follow through. I don't and will just grab the phone and pick the numbers manually.
the paraglider also followed through with siri if I understood correctly. He was more patient with siri than with the 911 operator. I tried this on 2 separate occasions in my previous car and it was infuriating experience. The voice would cut me off while I was speaking, saying it was not correct or something. Ronnies blood pressure must have been quite high, I know mine was

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: Today at 02:16:22 PM »
https://www.tmz.com/2024/04/29/youtuber-anthony-vella-breaks-neck-paraglider-crash-video/

Brace for impact. I believe he hit 48 miles per hour
Damn I just watched it. I can totally identify with how that guy felt. I worked on a ladder once and it slid down the wall and I fell on it and a deck. Broke my arm and the pain was unreal. Looking at a twisted arm is a huge shock - I realized my mortality right there. His injuries are far worse. We really are fragile...

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: Today at 02:17:23 PM »
Damn I just watched it. I can totally identify with how that guy felt. I worked on a ladder once and it slid down the wall and I fell on it and a deck. Broke my arm and the pain was unreal. Looking at a twisted arm is a huge shock - I realized my mortality right there. His injuries are far worse. We really are fragile...
its crazy that people take such risks. Mind blown at people who ride motorcycles

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: Today at 02:17:44 PM »
the paraglider also followed through with siri if I understood correctly. He was more patient with siri than with the 911 operator. I tried this on 2 separate occasions in my previous car and it was infuriating experience. The voice would cut me off while I was speaking, saying it was not correct or something. Ronnies blood pressure must have been quite high, I know mine was
Because he knows SIRI is a computer program. The operator should not be wasting time. She can hear the guy is in pain, just get his location ASAP and send paramedics.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: Today at 02:19:04 PM »
Because he knows SIRI is a computer program. The operator should not be wasting time. She can hear the guy is in pain, just get his location ASAP and send paramedics.
I personally have learned to have lower expectations from humans than from machines

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: Today at 02:23:43 PM »
its crazy that people take such risks. Mind blown at people who ride motorcycles
Yeah not worth it. Fuck that, I don't need to be an adrenaline junky. There's an older guy in our old neighborhood that I got along with and talked to occasionally. He used to race his Mercedes down his residential street. A year or two back I drove past his house and saw his wife in the driveway. I pulled over and asked her how she and he were doing. She told me he was killed riding his motorcycle a year or two prior. He must have been in his late 70s. I've heard quite a few stories like that. Sometimes a couple are killed on the bike. All it takes is one accident to end it all. I drove a bike in college and had a few accidents. Nothing severe fortunately. Just the motorcycle slipping on leaves, or once I was not paying attention and noticed a car stopped ahead almost too late. I slammed on the brakes and went flying over the bike. I drove it away but the handles were all sideways. I had to aim it to the side to make the bike go straight - haha!

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:30:13 PM »
Reminds me of fan man.

These guys fly around my old neighborhood I moved from here in Fl.

These guys are nuts and like attention as much as Bhankins.

This was the Fan Man. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Miller_(parachutist)#:~:text=James%20Jarrett%20Miller%20(October%2028,appearances%20at%20various%20sporting%20events.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: Today at 02:35:49 PM »
Yeah not worth it. Fuck that, I don't need to be an adrenaline junky. There's an older guy in our old neighborhood that I got along with and talked to occasionally. He used to race his Mercedes down his residential street. A year or two back I drove past his house and saw his wife in the driveway. I pulled over and asked her how she and he were doing. She told me he was killed riding his motorcycle a year or two prior. He must have been in his late 70s. I've heard quite a few stories like that. Sometimes a couple are killed on the bike. All it takes is one accident to end it all. I drove a bike in college and had a few accidents. Nothing severe fortunately. Just the motorcycle slipping on leaves, or once I was not paying attention and noticed a car stopped ahead almost too late. I slammed on the brakes and went flying over the bike. I drove it away but the handles were all sideways. I had to aim it to the side to make the bike go straight - haha!
It is all part of our desire to chase pleasurable neurotransmitters, I wonder what is the safest, least damaging way to experience a good thrill or high. Probably there isnt and you should just be content with the absence of pain