Author Topic: Ronnie Deserved To Win The 2001 Olympia.  (Read 6662 times)

suckmymuscle

Ronnie Deserved To Win The 2001 Olympia.
« on: March 10, 2011, 07:51:46 PM »
  Ok, so I have watched the 2001 Olympia DVD - I have all pro and top amateur competition video DVD's going back to the 1970s when they started - and especially the pre-judging comparisons between Ronnie and Jay in the mandatories and Ronnie was the clear winner. The only flaw in his physique was a slight film of water which obfuscated his fantastic back definition. His quads, hams, and especially arms/delt dcombos were insanely defined and hard and he beat Jay flat out in completeness, balance and aestehtics. Jay won front quads and shoulder width and that's all. How did an advantage in shoulder width and more defined frontal quads translate in the mandatories and symmetry round in pre-judging and in the individual routines and posedown at the night show? Ronnie destroyed Jay. The latter can only compete with Ronnie when he goes for size as Ronnie loses a lot of his balance, aesthetics and conditioning when he competes close to 300 lbs that a Jay close to 300 lbs can beat him as Jay looks like shit at any weight so he only has to gain from added size whilst Ronnie only has to lose. Ronnie's mistake in 2006 was coming in at age 42 at 295 lbs against a young Jay who has bigger bones and can carry 300 lbs better than he can. At a smaller bodyweight, Ronnie destroys big Jay and fucking M-U-R-D-E-R-S the little version of Jay.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Ronnie Deserved To Win The 2001 Olympia.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »
 Ok, so I have watched the 2001 Olympia DVD - I have all pro and top amateur competition video DVD's going back to the 1970s when they started - and especially the pre-judging comparisons between Ronnie and Jay in the mandatories and Ronnie was the clear winner. The only flaw in his physique was a slight film of water which obfuscated his fantastic back definition. His quads, hams, and especially arms/delt dcombos were insanely defined and hard and he beat Jay flat out in completeness, balance and aestehtics. Jay won front quads and shoulder width and that's all. How did an advantage in shoulder width and more defined frontal quads translate in the mandatories and symmetry round in pre-judging and in the individual routines and posedown at the night show? Ronnie destroyed Jay. The latter can only compete with Ronnie when he goes for size as Ronnie loses a lot of his balance, aesthetics and conditioning when he competes close to 300 lbs that a Jay close to 300 lbs can beat him as Jay looks like shit at any weight so he only has to gain from added size whilst Ronnie only has to lose. Ronnie's mistake in 2006 was coming in at age 42 at 295 lbs against a young Jay who has bigger bones and can carry 300 lbs better than he can. At a smaller bodyweight, Ronnie destroys big Jay and fucking M-U-R-D-E-R-S the little version of Jay.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
obfuscated ?  ;D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »
I agree. Some of the pics make it seem like Jay looked better, which he only did because Ronnie relaxed his midsection and was a terrible poser. But if you watch the video, you can see Ronnie had enough size, separation and muscularity to (narrowly) beat Jay. Ronnie also improved a lot for the finals compared to his prejudging shape, while Jay went the opposite way a bit.

I think Jay looked better in the 2001 Mr Olympia than he has in the last 4-5 years, sans 2009.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »
obfuscated ?  ;D

Yes. Obfuscate as in "to make obscure". The film of water obfuscated Ronnie's back definition...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obfuscate

SUCKMYMUSCLE

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 08:35:15 PM »
obfuscated ?  ;D

Your vocab isn't what you thought it was, hmm?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 08:53:04 PM »
I agree. Some of the pics make it seem like Jay looked better, which he only did because Ronnie relaxed his midsection and was a terrible poser. But if you watch the video, you can see Ronnie had enough size, separation and muscularity to (narrowly) beat Jay. Ronnie also improved a lot for the finals compared to his prejudging shape, while Jay went the opposite way a bit.

QFT...

I think Jay looked better in the 2001 Mr Olympia than he has in the last 4-5 years, sans 2009.

I disagree here. Jay has a shitty physique at any weight in terms of definition, balance and aesthetics, so he is one of those rare bodybuilders who are at their best at a huge bodyweight. Jay can only impress when it comes to size. At a lighter bodyweight he has a little more definition, but he still has terrible aesthetics, structure and balance. Jay loses little by losing a little definition and gaining a lot in size. He was at his best at the 2006 Olympia. His pecs and back, in particular, were humongous. That version of Jay could beat any version of Ronnie except for his 1998 Olympia form - yes, even Ronnie's 2003 form could(not necessarily would) lose to Jay's 277-83 lbs 2009 Olympia physique. Jay was harder than Ronnie at only a few pounds lighter and Ronnie had none of his superior aesthetics, balance and muscle definition to compensate for Jay's equal size with more dryness ok.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 09:09:59 PM »
 I disagree here. Jay has a shitty physique at any weight in terms of definition, balance and aesthetics, so he is one of those rare bodybuilders who are at their best at a huge bodyweight. Jay can only impress when it comes to size. At a lighter bodyweight he has a little more definition, but he still has terrible aesthetics, structure and balance. Jay loses little by losing a little definition and gaining a lot in size. He was at his best at the 2006 Olympia. His pecs and back, in particular, were humongous. That version of Jay could beat any version of Ronnie except for his 1998 Olympia form - yes, even Ronnie's 2003 form could(not necessarily would) lose to Jay's 277-83 lbs 2009 Olympia physique. Jay was harder than Ronnie at only a few pounds lighter and Ronnie had none of his superior aesthetics, balance and muscle definition to compensate for Jay's equal size with more dryness ok.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

From a bodybuilding judging perspective, yes. Personally, I liked the way he looked at the lower body weight in the 2001 Mr Olympia.

How do you think his 2006 shape compares to his 2009? He was huge and cut in 2009, which many people say was his best shape to date.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 09:40:11 PM »

How do you think his 2006 shape compares to his 2009? He was huge and cut in 2009, which many people say was his best shape to date.

Pardon me. I meant Jay's 2009 version that could beat even Ronnie's 2003 shape. But I was thinking of Jay's 2006 version when I talked about the massive pecs.

As for 2006 vs 2009, the latter by a nautical mile. Not even close.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 10:01:24 PM »
jay was 255 in 09

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 10:06:33 PM »
 Yes. Obfuscate as in "to make obscure". The film of water obfuscated Ronnie's back definition...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/obfuscate

SUCKMYMUSCLE
::)

obfuscate/obfuscation is a human phenomenon, not a physical one. obfuscation refers to someone intentionally misrepresenting an issue for personal/social gain.

take a look at your link. after "to make obscure" it says "(obscure the issue)".

Main Entry:  obfuscate 
Part of Speech:  verb 
Definition:  confuse 
Synonyms:  baffle, becloud, befuddle, bewilder, cloud, complicate, conceal, confound, darken, fog, fuddle, muddle, obscure, perplex, puzzle, rattle 

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 10:18:27 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Aren't you the guy who claimed to have a 170 i.q.?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2011, 12:25:29 AM »

obfuscate/obfuscation is a human phenomenon, not a physical one. obfuscation refers to someone intentionally misrepresenting an issue for personal/social gain.

take a look at your link. after "to make obscure" it says "(obscure the issue)".

Main Entry:  obfuscate 
Part of Speech:  verb 
Definition:  confuse 
Synonyms:  baffle, becloud, befuddle, bewilder, cloud, complicate, conceal, confound, darken, fog, fuddle, muddle, obscure, perplex, puzzle, rattle 

It took you like six hours to reply to this response of mine? Research much? And no, obfuscation is used correctly in the way I wrote it. The fact that "obscure the issue" follows "to make obscure" means nothing, as it is simply an aliteration of the first definition. To obscure definition makes perfect sense, and the word obfuscation in this context is correct. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2011, 12:26:51 AM »
Aren't you the guy who claimed to have a 170 i.q.?

No: 170+++. Aren't you the guy who stalks me ???

SUCKMYMUSCLE

spude

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 01:21:06 AM »
I have all pro and top amateur competition video DVD's going back to the 1970s when they started...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

OUTED

Lifter_X

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 04:08:08 AM »
OUTED

Is it gay he's a homosexual?

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 04:18:53 AM »
I watched the prejudging between them and it wasn't even close. Pics don't show the muscle moving or how hard it actually is. Ronnie was in another league. The fact Jay beat him at prejudging was utter bullshit, if you go by pictures then Wolf fucking smashed everyone this past weekend and yet all we hear is if you were there Branch won easily (totally believe it).`

suckmymuscle

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 07:53:49 AM »
OUTED

You are at a bodybuilding board...reading my thread and seeing my bodybuilding pictures. Game. Set. Match.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »
  It took you like six hours to reply to this response of mine? Research much? And no, obfuscation is used correctly in the way I wrote it. The fact that "obscure the issue" follows "to make obscure" means nothing, as it is simply an aliteration of the first definition. To obscure definition makes perfect sense, and the word obfuscation in this context is correct. :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE
douche  ::) i learned what the workd obfuscation meant in my high school english class. no need for research.  obfuscating an issue is not the same as obfuscating a body part. you cant obfuscate a body part. its not an issue. obfuscation is intentionally misrepresenting an isssue for personal gain. like when a republican makes fun of global warming because of record low's this winter. he is obfuscating, misrepresenting the issue for personal gain. 

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Alliteration? Repetition of sound!?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 02:35:38 PM »
Alliteration? Repetition of sound!?
ill give him the benefit of the doubt on that one, and say he meant alteration. but i wouldnt put it past good old sucky.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 02:51:31 PM »
douche i learned what the workd obfuscation meant in my high school english class. no need for research.  obfuscating an issue is not the same as obfuscating a body part. you cant obfuscate a body part. its not an issue. obfuscation is intentionally misrepresenting an isssue for personal gain. like when a republican makes fun of global warming because of record low's this winter. he is obfuscating, misrepresenting the issue for personal gain. 

Wrong. The word obfuscate can be used as a synonym for obscure. I even posted the definition straight from the dictionary to prove it to you and one of the definitions was "to obscure". Why the fuck can't you understand that :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 02:56:24 PM »
  Wrong. The word obfuscate can be used as a synonym for obscure. I even posted the definition straight from the dictionary to prove it to you and one of the definitions was "to obscure". Why the fuck can't you understand that :-\

SUCKMYMUSCLE
no, obfuscate is a synonym for obscure when obscure is related to an issue, an idea, a concept or theory. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 03:01:28 PM »
yes ronald destroyed jay from the back

suckmymuscle

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 03:04:45 PM »
no, obfuscate is a synonym for obscure when obscure is related to an issue, an idea, a concept or theory. 

That is not stated in the same definition as obfuscation as confusion; it is stated separately in another definition as a synonym for obscure. You lost. Just like you lose every debate with me. Deal with it.  :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 03:08:06 PM »
  That is not stated in the same definition as obfuscation as confusion; it is stated separately in another definition as a synonym for obscure. You lost. Just like you lose every debate with me. Deal with it.  :)

SUCKMYMUSCLE
::) uneducated, highly arrogant, egotistical douchebag incapable of being taught anything because first youd have to accept theres something you dont know.

obfuscation cant be used to describe a lack of muscular detail