Author Topic: Adonis and the pussification of men  (Read 17738 times)

the trainer

Re: Adonis and the pussification of men
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2012, 12:14:29 PM »
I could understand being a mans man back in the 1400's. Those men were brutal, but they had to be.

We currently live in a civilized society. There is no reason to go walking around with a macho, tough guy attitude. We don't live in the 1400's, nor are we cavemen. I am not saying that men have to be weak and scared. However, this macho, tough guy attitude is such bullshit. Protect yourself and your family when needed, but not because you have to live up to a male persona. If the right authorities (police) could take care of a situation, why would I try to invite harm into my life for no good reason? I have logic and reasoning on my side. I don't need to live up to a certain male image.

If you dont have street sense and you are used to having the cops solving all your little problems for you, if there comes a time when the cops are not available you will run like a little chicken since you are not used to defending yourself.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 12:15:53 PM »
I could understand being a mans man back in the 1400's. Those men were brutal, but they had to be.

We currently live in a civilized society. There is no reason to go walking around with a macho, tough guy attitude. We don't live in the 1400's, nor are we cavemen. I am not saying that men have to be weak and scared. However, this macho, tough guy attitude is such bullshit. Protect yourself and your family when needed, but not because you have to live up to a male persona. If the right authorities (police) could take care of a situation, why would I try to invite harm into my life for no good reason? I have logic and reasoning on my side. I don't need to live up to a certain male image.
this is cyclical...humans adapt to circonstances, not the oposite...some men will become tough again as the world is entering a global recession that will last for decades and see a lot of people die simply because they will be useless to the preservation of the specie.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 12:16:56 PM »
If you dont have street sense and you are used to having the cops solving all your little problems for you, if there comes a time when the cops are not available you will run like a little chicken since you are not used to defending yourself.
No, you use your sidearm in those instances if you have to.  A wise person will not start trouble in that case.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »

Actually, I do have street sense and I have always lived in a big city. I am not saying that cops solve ALL my problems. But I am not going to put my life in harms way either just to live up to a male persona. I will put myself in harms way WHEN needed, but I wont do it just so I could walk around with my lats out, with a macho attitude.
X

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 12:19:13 PM »
No, you use your sidearm in those instances if you have to.  A wise person will not start trouble in that case.

Do you even know how to use a gun?   :D

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 12:20:12 PM »

Pump up the volyme

"Friday night and I need a fight" STRONG !!!11

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2012, 12:20:46 PM »
this is cyclical...humans adapt to circonstances, not the oposite...some men will become tough again as the world is entering a global recession that will last for decades and see a lot of people die simply because they will be useless to the preservation of the specie.

Of course we adapt to our circumstances. But we do not adapt to our circumstances to fill a male tough guy persona. You adapt to survive. And surviving could mean physical and mental attributes. Those that will survive will also probably be more intelligent, and this is independent of walking around with the biggest muscles and the biggest tough guy attitude. I am sure its a combination of mental and physical characteristics that make people adapt best. Not someone like Jay Cutler, especially in the 21st century where intelligence is just as important as physical attributes.
X

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2012, 12:28:21 PM »
A wise person does not get themselves into these situations in the first place.

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »
If it were up to me, I`d bring the Code Duello back (circa 1777), but thats not the kind of society we live in anymore.

lmao...what a bitch. Can't take a punch so you need to own guns.

all drugs - TPPIIP

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2012, 12:31:12 PM »
A wise person does not get themselves into these situations in the first place.
I agree, but sometimes these situations are beyond any one individual`s control and the only thing you can do is hopefully be prepared for it.  Violence does not always visit by invitation.  It can happen anywhere, anytime and at any place.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 12:32:01 PM »
lmao...what a bitch. Can't take a punch so you need to own guns.

Are you seriously denigrating the United States Constitution-specifically the Second Amendment?

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »
I agree, but sometimes these situations are beyond any one individual`s control and the only thing you can do is hopefully be prepared for it.  Violence does not always visit by invitation.  It can happen anywhere, anytime and at any place.
Sure it can.  I have just found that if you handle yourself properly, these types of things rarely, if ever happen.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »
Sure it can.  I have just found that if you handle yourself properly, these types of things rarely, if ever happen.
I agree.  I have never had a problem either.  Some people are looking for confrontation or they are looking to steal from you etc...  Best be prepared with a speedy finger......to dial the police.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2012, 12:40:55 PM »
All around, its just best to avoid confrontation when necessary.
X

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2012, 12:41:47 PM »
Of course we adapt to our circumstances. But we do not adapt to our circumstances to fill a male tough guy persona. You adapt to survive. And surviving could mean physical and mental attributes. Those that will survive will also probably be more intelligent, and this is independent of walking around with the biggest muscles and the biggest tough guy attitude. I am sure its a combination of mental and physical characteristics that make people adapt best. Not someone like Jay Cutler, especially in the 21st century where intelligence is just as important as physical attributes.
being smart with no muscles or ammo is as useless as being muscular and carrying tons of ammo but being dumb as rock. Balance is the key to survive and adapt better, instead of being too specialized.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2012, 12:44:08 PM »
You tough guys going around looking for fights are prime candidates for bullets through your bodies. We live in a different world and if you fail to adapt, you will be killed or put in jail, fair or not.

Like Adonis stated and its the same for me. I dont frequent establishments I know there will be high chance of a negative outcome. Just not worth it. 

And all these "what ifs" are bullshit. People dont just randomly insult you or your girl unless you hang out where scum does. Then what does that say about you?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »
All around, its just best to avoid confrontation when necessary.
Best advice ever.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2012, 12:45:11 PM »
being smart with no muscles or ammo is as useless as being muscular and carrying tons of ammo but being dumb as rock. Balance is the key to survive and adapt better, instead of being too specialized.
I agree, which is why I said it wasnt all about physical attributes. Its a mixture of mental and physical.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »
Best advice ever.

If i see a fight break out, I cross the street. IF I suspect danger 2 blocks ahead, I go a different route.

I guess people can call me a pussy if they wish. It just seems like the most logical thing to do.
X

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2012, 12:49:25 PM »
Haha! Not enough guys in this thread have been in enough fights.

Want to see how far your fists get you? Go bounce at a strip club frequented by bikers. Then wait for a rival gang to show up with their colors on. Then see how far fighting gets you, or how macho you want to be. I did it, and I can tell you, the guys on the staff who fought were the guys who got fucked up real quick. Guys who spoke well and talked themselves out of trouble lived, earned respect, and made money.

A real man is smart enough to not get himself into a position where he needs to fight, he looks for easy quick ways out of a physical fight so he doesn't get hurt/killed.

You idiots fail to realize: you're the direct descendants of men who knew how to avoid fighting so they didn't lose a leg/arm/life before they were able to reproduce. They were smart. Why insist on being stupid?

Don't fight. Only an idiot lives up to a perceived macho persona. Guys like that get drilled in real life by tougher guys, and usually end up dead, in jail, or at least hurt real bad.

Wanna know what happens to smart guys who don't fight? They make more money, stay out of prison, don't invite retributive justice on themselves and their families from those they hurt in previous fights...

You guys act like it's one punch, done, and everyone shakes hands and goes to have a beer.

Tell that to my friend Howard Gairy. He was bouncing at a bar back home. Got into with this asian kid who wouldn't go thru the metal detector. Howard got up in his face a bit and shoved the kid. The kid took off embarassed. Rerturned, and shot Howard in the stomach. Howard waited on the sidewalk and bled to death waiting for 25 minutes for an ambulance to show up.

Howard could have called the cops. Could have talked to this asian kid instead of getting tough with him. But he didn't. He chose the macho route. Now he's dead.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2012, 12:49:55 PM »
If i see a fight break out, I cross the street. IF I suspect danger 2 blocks ahead, I go a different route.

I guess people can call me a pussy if they wish. It just seems like the most logical thing to do.
Getting the police there as fast as possible is also important.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2012, 12:54:59 PM »
Haha! Not enough guys in this thread have been in enough fights.

Want to see how far your fists get you? Go bounce at a strip club frequented by bikers. Then wait for a rival gang to show up with their colors on. Then see how far fighting gets you, or how macho you want to be. I did it, and I can tell you, the guys on the staff who fought were the guys who got fucked up real quick. Guys who spoke well and talked themselves out of trouble lived, earned respect, and made money.

A real man is smart enough to not get himself into a position where he needs to fight, he looks for easy quick ways out of a physical fight so he doesn't get hurt/killed.

You idiots fail to realize: you're the direct descendants of men who knew how to avoid fighting so they didn't lose a leg/arm/life before they were able to reproduce. They were smart. Why insist on being stupid?

Don't fight. Only an idiot lives up to a perceived macho persona. Guys like that get drilled in real life by tougher guys, and usually end up dead, in jail, or at least hurt real bad.

Wanna know what happens to smart guys who don't fight? They make more money, stay out of prison, don't invite retributive justice on themselves and their families from those they hurt in previous fights...

You guys act like it's one punch, done, and everyone shakes hands and goes to have a beer.

Tell that to my friend Howard Gairy. He was bouncing at a bar back home. Got into with this asian kid who wouldn't go thru the metal detector. Howard got up in his face a bit and shoved the kid. The kid took off embarassed. Rerturned, and shot Howard in the stomach. Howard waited on the sidewalk and bled to death waiting for 25 minutes for an ambulance to show up.

Howard could have called the cops. Could have talked to this asian kid instead of getting tough with him. But he didn't. He chose the macho route. Now he's dead.

what happened to the Asian kid? 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2012, 12:55:19 PM »
Getting the police there as fast as possible is also important.

Well, yeah. I was just talking about the actions I would take to avoid imminent risk. Why walk into trouble if you dont have to? :/
X

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2012, 01:01:36 PM »
Are you seriously denigrating the United States Constitution-specifically the Second Amendment?

Why aren't you challenging my first claim?  Or are you agreeing with my assumption that you cannot take a punch and therefore must resort to using guns for self defense regardless of location?
all drugs - TPPIIP

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »
Actually, I do have street sense and I have always lived in a big city. I am not saying that cops solve ALL my problems. But I am not going to put my life in harms way either just to live up to a male persona. I will put myself in harms way WHEN needed, but I wont do it just so I could walk around with my lats out, with a macho attitude.

Because you're 5'-4" tall and weigh 135 lbs.....now take a seat over there at the kiddy table while the adults argue.   ;D