Author Topic: If mccain had taken the stand today, and TOLD congress to pass this bill...  (Read 713 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
... would at least 12 republicans have changed their votes?

Mccain is dissing Obama for not being involved in the bailout bill.

He's not involved either!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: If mccain had taken the stand today, and TOLD congress to pass this bill...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 12:47:45 PM »
On Sat night, when the dems and repubs were working late into the night to pass the bailout bill...

Where was McCain?

Ane of the finest restaurants in DC, with Joe Lieberman and their wives.  He went on a double-date and out on the town.  Had a jolly good time.

Victor VonDoom

• Getbig IV
  • ...and Doom shall control the world!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »
Behold the biggest one day drop in the DOW ever!   777.68 points.

By almost any measure: 9/11, the war in Iraq, the Justice dept., and now this.  The Bush administration is a failure... and you voted for it--twice!  Behold your folly!

Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 01:22:21 PM »

By almost any measure: 9/11, the war in Iraq, the Justice dept., and now this.  The Bush administration is a failure... and you voted for it--twice!  Behold your folly!

^
S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 01:27:18 PM »

I didn't vote for it twice.  There is plenty to show Bush didn't win either election.  But I agree with the rest

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 01:33:52 PM »
yes, i was a dumbshit for voting bush twice. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 01:39:36 PM »
Barack Obama issued a statement of principles last week, and declared victory Sunday. He praised the tougher supervision of the rescue plan, aid to homeowners faced with foreclosure and the executive pay limits.

"They are identical to the things I called for the day (Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson ) released his package," Obama said. "That I think is an indication of the degree to which when it comes to protecting taxpayers, I was pushing very hard and involved in shaping those provisions."

But Democratic staffers familiar with the congressional talks say that neither Obama nor his staff had any significant involvement in shaping the package, and that all several Democrats as well as some Republicans championed the items he praised.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20080929/pl_mcclatchy/3058447

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 01:40:23 PM »
I have "some" Republican acquaintances who are actually talking to me again since the 2000 elections. Some swallowed their pride, and came around during the first four years, others in the 2nd term. The part that really cracks us up is, ...they were actually asking my advise about who to vote for, and asking for my take on the two candidates.
w

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 01:47:34 PM »
Come on as much as most of us hate Bush the current financial crisis is far from soley his fault.  That is just bullshit to argue.  Alan Greenspan is single handedly much more responsible than Bush.  And he has served under how many Presidents?  Our entire financial system is a joke and a scam.  One President can't possibly be responsible for a crisis that has been brewing for the last 30+ years.  And this is coming from a Bush basher!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 01:52:21 PM »
Shockingly correct....everybody involved has a piece of this mess. The Dems are up to their asses in this. As far as this thread goes, McCain wants no part of this bill in its present form. He would have been able to sway the votes I guess, but he doesn't like this bill.
L