Author Topic: I don't follow the Russia/Georgia mess much, but...  (Read 9708 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I don't follow the Russia/Georgia mess much, but...
« on: August 14, 2008, 09:01:27 PM »
Interesting.... at first it sounds silly... would cheney really engineer a conflict to keep his party in power for 4 more years?  IMO it all comes down to whether or not you believe the repubs would stir the shit pot to keep their jobs...

Russians were told over breakfast yesterday what really happened in Georgia: the conflict in South Ossetia was part of a plot by Dick Cheney, the Vice-President, to stop Barak Obama being elected president of the United States.

The line came on the main news of Vesti FM, a state radio station that — like the Government and much of Russia's media — has reverted to the old habits of Soviet years, in which a sinister American hand was held to lie behind every conflict, especially those embarrassing to Moscow. Modern Russia may be plugged into the internet and the global marketplace but in the battle for world opinion the Kremlin is replaying the old black-and-white movie.

The Obama angle is getting wide play. It was aired on Wednesday by Sergei Markov, a senior political scientist who is close to Vladimir Putin, the Prime Minister and power behind President Medvedev.

“George Bush's Administration is promoting interests of candidate John McCain,” said Dr Markov. “Defeated by Barak Obama on all fronts, McCain has one last card to play yet - the creation of a virtual Cold War with Russia . . . Bush himself did not want a war in South Ossetia but his Republican Party did not leave him any choice.” The Americans were now engineering an armed conflict between Ukraine and Russia, Dr Markov added.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: I don't follow the Russia/Georgia mess much, but...
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2008, 02:20:52 AM »
I think it's a entirely possible and not to forget this neocon who is McCain's Senior foreign policy adviser who is into Georgia up to his neck.  What do we know about the neocons?  Uh huh... McCain beats Obama in the polls where security is concern and Obama beats McCain in polls on the economy...  This was their October surprise intended on focusing things on security and off the economy.  Sounds far fetched until you see that the neocons are indeed right smack in the middle of this even authoring McCain's response.  I certainly don't put anything past these guys.  McCain is their only chance at not losing power so they'll do anything to win.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=228742.0

If the neocons are in the middle of this and the above link shows they are very clearly, we'd be fools not to suspect exactly what 240 posted.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 06:27:07 PM »
 ::)

You people give way too much credit to the evil Neo-Con conspiracy machine and zero credit to Vladmir Putin who played Bush and the EU like a violin.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 06:48:03 PM »

You people give way too much credit to the evil Neo-Con conspiracy machine and zero credit to Vladmir Putin who played Bush and the EU like a violin.
hahaha... NOT....  If you knew what you were talking about the fact is that we don't credit their evil enough!!!

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2008, 07:12:41 PM »
Interesting.... at first it sounds silly... would cheney really engineer a conflict to keep his party in power for 4 more years?  IMO it all comes down to whether or not you believe the repubs would stir the shit pot to keep their jobs...

Russians were told over breakfast yesterday what really happened in Georgia: the conflict in South Ossetia was part of a plot by Dick Cheney, the Vice-President, to stop Barak Obama being elected president of the United States.

The line came on the main news of Vesti FM, a state radio station that — like the Government and much of Russia's media — has reverted to the old habits of Soviet years, in which a sinister American hand was held to lie behind every conflict, especially those embarrassing to Moscow. Modern Russia may be plugged into the internet and the global marketplace but in the battle for world opinion the Kremlin is replaying the old black-and-white movie.

The Obama angle is getting wide play. It was aired on Wednesday by Sergei Markov, a senior political scientist who is close to Vladimir Putin, the Prime Minister and power behind President Medvedev.

“George Bush's Administration is promoting interests of candidate John McCain,” said Dr Markov. “Defeated by Barak Obama on all fronts, McCain has one last card to play yet - the creation of a virtual Cold War with Russia . . . Bush himself did not want a war in South Ossetia but his Republican Party did not leave him any choice.” The Americans were now engineering an armed conflict between Ukraine and Russia, Dr Markov added.

ever heard of the gulf of tonken.
DAWG

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 07:50:20 PM »

OR 

they're all playing us.   :-\

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 08:25:05 PM »
Reason why I say this is.

Why wouldn't Russian and American governments want another Cold War? There pumping it out like it's nothing. while it's all a big dupe.

The people who believe it are weak.

[240 I know you only posted it, I'm thinking out loud]

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 10:14:20 AM »
ever heard of the gulf of tonken.

Exactly!!!

Why do we all of a sudden speak of our government as though it hasn't done shameful things in the past? Are we that uninformed and retartded?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 10:36:19 AM »
If you guys spent half the time looking at real facts instead of wild speculation you might actually come up with some reasonable expectations and predictions for once.

"THEM EEEEEEEVVVVIILLL NEOCONS ARE AT IT AGAIN!!!!  OH NO!!!!!"

hahahahahahahahah!!! lol Give it a rest, Jesus Fucking Christ.

It's all okay though.. they listened to Obama and stopped fighting! ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 10:56:53 AM »
gulf of tonken isn't a conspiracy theory, though.

we admit that they didn't attack us.  we blame a 'middle level mgmt paperwork communication error' on it.  We started a massive war over a paperwork error.

we admit that in 1960-61 there was a plot to pull staged terror acts and take down a plane near cuba, to blame cuba and invade.  operation northwoods. 

It's unclassified after 40 years, kids.  It was CT stuff until then.  Then, once everyone involved is dead or in diapers, they release it quietly.

I'm sure when we're old, a lot of info about 911 will come out and we'll shake our head and say "wow, they did let it happen, just like the CT nuts said all along".  And, when the JFK files are finally released in what, 2030, we'll learn the truth about who did it.

it'll just be a footnote in history.  The 40 to 70 year document stall allows people to get away with it.  Tis the way things are. have a cookie.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 11:17:48 AM »
If you guys spent half the time looking at real facts instead of wild speculation you might actually come up with some reasonable expectations and predictions for once.

"THEM EEEEEEEVVVVIILLL NEOCONS ARE AT IT AGAIN!!!!  OH NO!!!!!"

hahahahahahahahah!!! lol Give it a rest, Jesus Fucking Christ.

It's all okay though.. they listened to Obama and stopped fighting! ;D
This from the person who doesn't think neocons are real...  and you're asking us to look at real facts :D  Yea, ok skippy, sure thing, we'll get right on that ::)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 05:12:29 PM »
This from the person who doesn't think neocons are real...  and you're asking us to look at real facts :D  Yea, ok skippy, sure thing, we'll get right on that ::)

Hmm.. you're a lib and you have to lie just to try and make me look bad.

Why am I not surprised?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 07:30:43 PM »
Hmm.. you're a lib and you have to lie just to try and make me look bad.

Why am I not surprised?
What am I lying about to make you look bad?...

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »
"Danimal" 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH  ;D
S

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 09:52:52 PM »
What am I lying about to make you look bad?...

Quote me saying that neocons aren't real, please.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 10:31:49 PM »
All this "neocon" nonsense is just that.

Please speak to the contrary so I can destroy your absurdity.

S

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2008, 01:30:32 AM »

LOL... yea, I guess that he forgot what he said just a short time ago speaks volumes ;D

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2008, 08:57:35 AM »
Why would you poons take that as "neocons aren't real" ?

The point was that you were using the moniker inappropriately and I made that clear.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2008, 09:16:47 AM »
Why would you poons take that as "neocons aren't real" ?

The point was that you were using the moniker inappropriately and I made that clear.
ok, I'll play, you believe there are neocons,... In what way did we or I inappropriately voice concerns over neoconservative influence?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2008, 09:27:41 AM »
ok, I'll play, you believe there are neocons,... In what way did we or I inappropriately voice concerns over neoconservative influence?

gimmie the link to the thread and then tell me what your idea of the difference between a conservative and a "neocon" is

..then I shall enlighten you.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »
gimmie the link to the thread and then tell me what your idea of the difference between a conservative and a "neocon" is

..then I shall enlighten you.

Just answer my question please... In what way did we or I inappropriately voice concerns over neoconservative influence...  That is what you leveled, is it not?

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2008, 09:58:36 AM »
Just answer my question please... In what way did we or I inappropriately voice concerns over neoconservative influence...  That is what you leveled, is it not?

The influence is not the issue.. the LABEL is.

I need the link so I can answer your question.  I want to re-read the context of the thread. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »
The influence is not the issue.. the LABEL is.

I need the link so I can answer your question.  I want to re-read the context of the thread. 
If the Label is what's importantant, it's simple, name in what way we've misused the label?  You know well the initial thread, let's go into the issue.  Name how we've misused the label?  Please, I'm happy to listen, how have I misused the label?