Author Topic: I wanna send this one out to my man Straw  (Read 1353 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
I wanna send this one out to my man Straw
« on: January 31, 2020, 11:43:30 AM »
Y’all gave it a good shot:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: I wanna send this one out to my man Straw
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 12:00:52 PM »
They actually didn't.

It was shite from opening "parody".
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 12:41:33 PM »
They actually didn't.

They did manage to drag it out for a while and apparently they’re still trying but the fat lady has sung.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 01:41:17 PM »
They did manage to drag it out for a while and apparently they’re still trying but the fat lady has sung.

What they did was convince a bunch of people who already hate the president that the Senate Republicans did something wrong.
Y

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 01:51:53 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 05:40:11 PM »
Y’all gave it a good shot:

You misspelled "woman."

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 07:20:51 PM »
They actually didn't.

correct

we all knew the criminal Republican would let their crime boss off the hook so the only question was whether they would also choose to stick their heads in the sand regarding witnessess

Interestingly the Senators who wanted to see witnessed represented about 20 million more voters than than the ones who didn't want to see more evidence

Sound familiar ?

Then you've got that old sod Alexander who claimed he didn't want to see witnesses because he felt the Dems proved their case.   
I guess he never bothered to considered maybe some of his fellow Republicans might need a bit more information (perhaps they were sleeping during the trial) and should have voted for witnesses for THEIR benefit

And of course we've all seen the polls showing 75% of American also wanted witnesses so now the Senate is basically complicit in a cover up.
Welcome to the Trump Crime Family.

Anyway, the NYT Editorial Board summed it up

The vote also brings the nation face to face with the reality that the Senate has become nothing more than an arena for the most base and brutal — and stupid — power politics. Faced with credible evidence that a president was abusing his powers, it would not muster the institutional self-respect to even investigate.

Some Republicans made a show of concern before throwing up their hands. “I have come to the conclusion that there will be no fair trial in the Senate,” Lisa Murkowski of Alaska said on Friday in explaining her refusal to vote to hear from any witnesses. “I don’t believe the continuation of this process will change anything. It is sad for me to admit that, as an institution, the Congress has failed.”

On the one hand, this statement was a suffocating tautology: Ms. Murkowski was saying that because the trial would be unfair, she would vote to prevent witnesses, ensuring that the trial would be unfair. On the other hand, her statement was such a searing indictment of the institution’s capacity to perform a critical constitutional function that one wonders how she can bear to work there.

The irony is stifling. For months, Mr. McConnell and other Republicans complained that the impeachment process was being rushed, that the president was being denied basic procedural protections, and that there was no testimony from those with the most direct knowledge of Mr. Trump’s actions and motivations. Then they refused to hear from a single witness and refused to demand a single document from the White House.

Make no mistake: The Senate may acquit Mr. Trump, but it will not, it cannot, exonerate him. Mr. Trump is the most corrupt president in modern times, a reality Americans will continue to be reminded of — by continuing investigations by the House, which should immediately issue a subpoena to Mr. Bolton; by a trio of cases in the Supreme Court that seek to reveal Mr. Trump’s shady finances; and, of course, by the behavior of the man himself.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/opinion/republicans-impeachment-congress.html

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 07:40:12 PM »
correct

we all knew the criminal Republican would let their crime boss off the hook so the only question was whether they would also choose to stick their heads in the sand regarding witnessess

Interestingly the Senators who wanted to see witnessed represented about 20 million more voters than than the ones who didn't want to see more evidence

Sound familiar ?

Then you've got that old sod Alexander who claimed he didn't want to see witnesses because he felt the Dems proved their case.   
I guess he never bothered to considered maybe some of his fellow Republicans might need a bit more information (perhaps they were sleeping during the trial) and should have voted for witnesses for THEIR benefit

And of course we've all seen the polls showing 75% of American also wanted witnesses so now the Senate is basically complicit in a cover up.
Welcome to the Trump Crime Family.

Anyway, the NYT Editorial Board summed it up

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/31/opinion/republicans-impeachment-congress.html

Public service announcement for all:  TL:DR:GFY
Y

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 08:46:16 PM »