Author Topic: Bugatti Veyron vs Lamborghini Aventador vs Lexus LFA vs McLaren  (Read 9682 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Bugatti Veyron vs Lamborghini Aventador vs Lexus LFA vs McLaren
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 05:35:54 AM »
Top speed for Veyron SS, 260+ nobody comes close. Not even Callaway, because the Corvetter was running without it's cats when it did that 250.  What I truly give VW credit for, is making that aerodynamic brick that had crashed as a prototype, into a tour de force.
I'm not sold on UGR, they are like the performance equivalent to Mansory course, who I am, I don't have the money for nether. I wonder about the wear and tear on the engine and gearbox, 4-5 yrs from now...many of these exotics tend to drop like rocks in terms of value, especially hard driven ones, and especially modded ones, but their maintenance stays sky high.

I just think it's a trend for dudes who have the money to do that, buy not the money nor time to look for the rare Enzo, Agera, Pagani Haurya, Bug, etc, because those command premiums, and their value is in them remaining stock. Even Konig's TT F50 has to be debadged, due to Ferrari saying that anything done to engine makes it not a Ferrari anymore.
True, Hennessey has a shady past, but when Jay Leno gives you props for the Venom GT (yes a lotus Elise that has up the dosage), he must be doing something right with that car...

Top speed for the Veyron SS isn't 260MPH plus , Bugatti electronically limits all of them to 258MPH and to say nothing comes isn't accurate either , the Callaway did 254MPH ( back in 1988 ) and the SSC Aero  did 256MPH , so there are cars that come close

And I wasn't talking about terminal velocity when I said the Veryon can't touch the Underground racing TTG , although the TTG does 250MPH in the span of 1 mile and the regular Veyron ' only ' does 204MPH , I don't think anyone has tested an Undeground car for top speed but as far as acceleration all over the spectrum the Veyron can't compete , granted it has much less horsepower

And value in 4-5 years? that can be said of any regular car look at the prices of the F430s , the Murcielagos , new models comes out older ones go down nothing new , the Veyron will always command a premium because it's basically a bespoke automobile much like the Pagani and the Koenigsegg

As far as the Venom I actually like it but what have you heard from it? any customer deliveries? any magazine full tests? I haven't heard of any so Jay got a ride? they knew he wasn't gonna push it to it's limits and they are apparently are trying to drum up business , I could understand the price tag of a Veyron for $1MIL plus because of the amount of engineering that went in and the new technologies that were developed but $1MIL for a stretched out Lotus with a Chevy big block?  :-X

On the Wiki article it says a total of 4 Venom GT have been made I wonder how many made it into customers hands? the Venom is turning out to be like the Vector , lots of talk some pretty prototypes but not much more at least the Veyron and the TTG have proven themselves already

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2012, 07:55:30 AM »
The Bug SS did 260+, that was the big deal with it. the ones they sell to the public have been limited to what 258.
The Callaway did the 254 w/o cats, it wasn't road legal. The Jag XJ220 did 218 on the Nardo track with Martin Brundle behind the wheel---it too ran w/o cats.

Quite true those exotics in 4-5 yrs will depreciate, high mileage and especially modded exotics go for far less...because the fuckers are expensive, and chances are the modded ones were driven hard---especially if modded to 1k hp. Then there is the maintenance records, and even if UGR has a 2yr warranty, would YOU touch one (if having the money to do so) after the warranty is up?
And actually, I find what they did to the 458 (700 hp) intriguing---as it was speculated that the F70 (or whatever it will be called) would have a TT V8, and 900 hp. We know now it will probably have the V12 hybrid that they previewed at Beijing.

I haven't heard too much on the Venom GT in terms of deliveries...But, what's funny, as a did a thread on
this before, the Lotus Elise has been lengthened and had Chevy power before, back in the 90s there was the Elise GT1, and then there was another version as well.
This seems to be an updated take on that. it seems quite professionally done...when Leno took a look at it, he was impressed with the level of craftsmanship and detail. Don't know if he has one or not.

Adam86

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2012, 11:06:41 AM »
fastest car on the streets right there

Abacab

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2012, 12:20:55 PM »
fastest car on the streets right there

Fun ride, but will definitely not get you laid.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »
^fast, but zero sex appeal. top fuel dragster eats it for breakfast..

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2012, 03:16:53 PM »
The Bug SS did 260+, that was the big deal with it. the ones they sell to the public have been limited to what 258.
The Callaway did the 254 w/o cats, it wasn't road legal. The Jag XJ220 did 218 on the Nardo track with Martin Brundle behind the wheel---it too ran w/o cats.

Quite true those exotics in 4-5 yrs will depreciate, high mileage and especially modded exotics go for far less...because the fuckers are expensive, and chances are the modded ones were driven hard---especially if modded to 1k hp. Then there is the maintenance records, and even if UGR has a 2yr warranty, would YOU touch one (if having the money to do so) after the warranty is up?
And actually, I find what they did to the 458 (700 hp) intriguing---as it was speculated that the F70 (or whatever it will be called) would have a TT V8, and 900 hp. We know now it will probably have the V12 hybrid that they previewed at Beijing.

I haven't heard too much on the Venom GT in terms of deliveries...But, what's funny, as a did a thread on
this before, the Lotus Elise has been lengthened and had Chevy power before, back in the 90s there was the Elise GT1, and then there was another version as well.
This seems to be an updated take on that. it seems quite professionally done...when Leno took a look at it, he was impressed with the level of craftsmanship and detail. Don't know if he has one or not.

Yes I know it was a big deal but the 260+ MPH means nothing to customers because they are limited to just 5MPH more than a stock version , you have to hand it to Bugatti charging $1 Million more for just 5 more MPH  ::)

It was road legal , in fact they drove it from Old Lyme to Ohio to boot , back then some states didn't require cats and do you think they couldn't put cats on that and still go over 250? you honestly think cats rob that much power? and I've read some where that Nardo allows manufactures to add 5MPH because of the oval , not sure if that's true.

Callaway could have gone further the Sledgehammer was 3900lbs with 898HP imagine if they upped the HP and lowered the weight? they did 254 with 80s technology imagine what they could do now? It took 1001HP and cutting edge technology ( the original did 253MPH ) and the infinite resources of the VW group to come close

Adam86

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »
^fast, but zero sex appeal. top fuel dragster eats it for breakfast..

we are talking street legal car here, ya its not the most attractive car but, damn its fast

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »
we are talking street legal car here, ya its not the most attractive car but, damn its fast

lol very fast.. looks like a death trap to me though. Getting stuck between 2 semi's in that thing would ruin your day.

Adam86

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2012, 08:10:46 PM »
lol very fast.. looks like a death trap to me though. Getting stuck between 2 semi's in that thing would ruin your day.

true