Author Topic: 95 Year Old Recreational Lifter Pwning Getbig and Jack Lallane  (Read 3542 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=11277536

95-year-old's workout puts others to shame

June 22nd, 2010 @ 10:00pm
By Kathy Aiken

SALT LAKE CITY -- If you're currently in a workout rut, this next story may be exactly the jump-start you need. For decades, Merrill Matzinger has kept his body in incredible shape. It's truly remarkable for a man who was alive when Woodrow Wilson was our nation's president.

Merrill Matzinger warms up for his daily exercise routine. His routine that always begins with stomach crunches -— 1,500 of them. It's a number so amazing, it puts most people to shame. And if you think that number is impressive, wait until you hear his birth date -- May 10, 1915.

As he says, "I like my numbers, 5/10/15."

Yes, this Salt Lake resident just celebrated his 95th birthday. His age baffles just about everyone.

"They think I'm 75, maybe 80," he says. "So that's encouraging to go to a doctor and get compliments instead of prescriptions. All the doctors who have treated me can't believe what they're seeing."

Matzinger can't see much anymore -- he's legally blind -- but that hasn't slowed him down. In fact, over the last 20 years, he can remember missing his daily workout just once. That was two weeks ago when he was busy moving.

"Real success is when it's a natural thing and you come out smiling from it," he says.

That's an attitude, he says, that began after a very unhealthy start.

"My first lucky thing was the survival of the 1918 flu epidemic; and the next thing was I had a ruptured appendix before they had penicillin," he says.

Other than that, Merrill says he's been in tip-top shape.

"I could last forever this way, I don't have anything major bothering me except the joints," he says.

Matzinger's trainer, Rocky Griffino, said, "All the other people I train in here would like to be in as good a shape at their age, and they're 30, 40, 50."

Matzinger says he can see living to 100, but says he simply takes it one day at a time. Then before he knows it, it's time to wake up and start his 1,500 crunches all over again.

His daily workouts take a minimum of 30 minutes and go up to an hour and a half.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: 95 Year Old Recreational Lifter Pwning Getbig and Jack Lallane
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:47:33 AM »
LOL

I just had an amusing thought.  This 95 year old is stronger than OnlyMe aka NoWorries aka Keith Jones.  Keith, like many on here, cannot even do one single pull up. ROFLMAO

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 06:04:55 AM »
LOL

I just had an amusing thought.  This 95 year old is stronger than OnlyMe aka NoWorries aka Keith Jones.  Keith, like many on here, cannot even do one single pull up. ROFLMAO

why the hate on Keith?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 06:08:06 AM »
Cool dude.

balight

• Getbig III
  • East-European gigolo
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 07:02:24 AM »
X's 2

The answer will be: "his lack of willpower is sickening"

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 07:03:46 AM »
why the hate on Keith?

This thread wasn't going to get many replies without baiting someone.

Jake_W

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 07:14:20 AM »
Cool story ,

I know his trainer Rocky Griffino

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 07:59:24 AM »
Juiced to the gills , dead by 100 .

65stew

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 08:19:26 AM »
But can he deadlift 225 lbs. 112x?

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 08:39:39 AM »
J
Juiced to the gills , dead by 100 .
Nice
U

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 09:27:15 AM »
LOL

I just had an amusing thought.  This 95 year old is stronger than OnlyMe aka NoWorries aka Keith Jones.  Keith, like many on here, cannot even do one single pull up. ROFLMAO
hahahaha in your world you are correct.  Remember you are one the "original" delusionalites"  Hey how is that gravity suit coming there Einstein.  Maybe you can do those imaginary reps with 315 in your suit and record it.  Come on genius it is Sunday post some funny shit.  Hurry cause I gotta go play some craps.  
No Worries 4 me

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »
LOL

Whats even funnier than that is when Keith was your age he owned you in every way....much like I do now!

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 09:42:27 AM »
Whats even funnier than that is when Keith was your age he owned you in every way....much like I do now!

Its funny that just about every thread Apenis starts ends up backfiring and everyone owning him.  You gotta feel kind of sad for the guy.  His pretend world crumbles on him so much.  I give him credit for not killing himself yet
No Worries 4 me

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 09:49:19 AM »
The Adonis in a Fred Flintstone costume photoshop never fails to crack me up.

I believe what makes it so funny is the juxtaposition of the proud look on Adonis' face and the silliness of the outfit. Simply an all-time Getbig classic.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 10:21:34 AM »
LOL

Not surprising that you have these kind of "thoughts".  ::)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »
LOL

not sure why you post comments like this because it make you look like a bigger asshole than u already are   LOL

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 02:59:26 PM »
shut up stupid adonis
w