Author Topic: Will any of you be in the market for a Cybertruck?  (Read 3154 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Will any of you be in the market for a Cybertruck?
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2024, 06:11:04 PM »
I also wonder about how much cumulative time loss the charging times will create. If California goes all electric in a few years, has anyone run the numbers on this? I’m not against electric if it’s proven to be a better way (not for the environment because that is political not scientific). I love the acceleration and speed - the FW t that the damn thing is bullet proof. But a few things I haven’t heard anyone address.
- as said above Charging Time - won’t this cause massive gridlock if millions of Californians are waiting hours to charge?
- what about the fact that they already have rolling blackouts at times? Won’t have tens of millions of vehicles using hundreds of millions of charging hours be an enormous problem? 
- what about transportation? California is a major hub for goods transported all over the country. If no combustion engine trucks are running in California and EVEN IF California solves the above issues - they trucks don’t all STAY in California… lol seems like the beginnings of a gigantic cluster fck!

Petrol you have to drive and line up to fill up
EV you plug in wt home and charge

Where are all these people driving 400km+ each day that they must go to charging stations?

I have a new Model Y Performance and I charge at home from Solar for free. Our petrol car now sits in the driveway as a backup, rarely gets used because the EV is so much easier to live with day to day.

We were told years ago Chins couldn’t possibly have EVs because their energy grid couldn’t support them. Shanghai is 50% EVs and they have no energy issues. My analyst lives in Shanghai and he rides an ebike everywhere, if they need a car they either Uber or rent an EV for the day.

In Australia we were told the same thing, now 9.5% of new cars sold are EVs. Solar panels on homes are much more commonplace than 4yrs ago.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2024, 11:26:26 PM »

if I make it to 200 K posts I'm going to get one of these. :D

Dandy car - a true showoff piece.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2024, 07:43:08 AM »
Petrol you have to drive and line up to fill up
EV you plug in wt home and charge

Where are all these people driving 400km+ each day that they must go to charging stations?

I have a new Model Y Performance and I charge at home from Solar for free. Our petrol car now sits in the driveway as a backup, rarely gets used because the EV is so much easier to live with day to day.

We were told years ago Chins couldn’t possibly have EVs because their energy grid couldn’t support them. Shanghai is 50% EVs and they have no energy issues. My analyst lives in Shanghai and he rides an ebike everywhere, if they need a car they either Uber or rent an EV for the day.

In Australia we were told the same thing, now 9.5% of new cars sold are EVs. Solar panels on homes are much more commonplace than 4yrs ago.

Can you cross from one side of Australia to the other in Your Scalextric car ?

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #78 on: May 16, 2024, 06:49:14 AM »
If I was rich I would prob buy a few to blow up. Just to show my disdain for those ugly pieces of shit.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #79 on: May 16, 2024, 08:01:30 AM »
If I was rich I would prob buy a few to blow up. Just to show my disdain for those ugly pieces of shit.

x2  ;D

SouJerz

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: May 16, 2024, 08:30:55 AM »
I have some short friends who seem interested in the cyber truck they also love video and computer games.

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #81 on: May 16, 2024, 12:39:51 PM »
You hear that Kwon and Taffin!? Stay the hell out of MY bushes!

Missed this at the time  ;D

T

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #82 on: May 16, 2024, 12:41:22 PM »
They were kit cars originally made in Florida, based off Mustangs. Sergio's was combustible.

T

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 16, 2024, 06:00:42 PM »
time loss?

I only charge my EV at night when I'm asleep. No loss.

the powergrid probably needs upgrading if everyone goes EV, sure. But it doesn't happen over night. And the powergrid is ever increasing anyways because of population growth

are the power grids actually increasing in size and numbers or are they being taxed more because it’s more of the system being put under stress?

My limited understanding is that this infrastructure is just being taxed as they expand the footprint.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #84 on: May 17, 2024, 01:57:55 AM »
are the power grids actually increasing in size and numbers or are they being taxed more because it’s more of the system being put under stress?

My limited understanding is that this infrastructure is just being taxed as they expand the footprint.
possibly I have no idea maybe that's a factor. Guess it depends on the level of corruption..

But as far as the power grid, theres a limit of how much voltage you can raise.. Because of insulation needed for arcing, safety and what not. Then the need to upgrade transformers in all locations for given voltage increase...

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2024, 03:01:47 AM »

Half the country deals w rolling blackouts on hot days just from air conditioning loads.  Adding a bunch of EVs charging isn’t gonna help matters at all.  Even if they charge at night, people use AC in the evenings and at night, too.

The infrastructure COULD definitely be upgraded, likely for a small fraction of our bloated military budget.  Zero political will for that though.  Much better to send money to Ukraine/Israel or fearmonger over trannies, apparently

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2024, 03:01:59 AM »