Author Topic: The "sons" of God?  (Read 14719 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: The "sons" of God?
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2011, 09:13:03 AM »
 ???

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2011, 09:18:24 AM »
???

Either Hugo or tu_holmes bumped this thread for some strange reason.  It's clear in this thread and in other threads that no Christian here is claiming that the earth is 6,000 or 7,000 years old. 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 10:32:55 AM »
tu_holmes as usual talking about stuff he knows nothing about and making claims he can't back up.  A true champion at self-owning.    ;D

tu_holmes, you do this here and in many other threads.  Stick to making claims about stuff you actually do know something about, and stay away from trashing the Bible and Christianity.  I hope at least you have learned something from all your self-owning on the subject.

Actually, I stick to my claim about fossilization. It may not be perfectly accurate beyond some many thousands of years, but it can still be used.

Let me make sure I get this right... You are saying that the passage in the bible about God being 1000 years old is correct... Well, holy crap!!! The Bible must be some perfect Book that knows EVERYTHING!!!

OH MY WORD!!! HOW WILL I POSSIBLY SURVIVE WITHOUT KNOWING EVERY PASSAGE OF THE BIBLE!!!!!?!?!?!?!

Dude, please... Yes, because being "self-owned" on getbig is the end of my existence. ::)

Oh brother.

As a reformed Catholic / Christian who spent the better part of his youth in Christian private schools, I think I am more than capable of giving my opinion on the ridiculousness of the Christian faith.

If your faith is so strong, why does my lack of it bother you so much?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2011, 05:25:16 AM »
Actually, I stick to my claim about fossilization. It may not be perfectly accurate beyond some many thousands of years, but it can still be used.

Let me make sure I get this right... You are saying that the passage in the bible about God being 1000 years old is correct... Well, holy crap!!! The Bible must be some perfect Book that knows EVERYTHING!!!

OH MY WORD!!! HOW WILL I POSSIBLY SURVIVE WITHOUT KNOWING EVERY PASSAGE OF THE BIBLE!!!!!?!?!?!?!

Dude, please... Yes, because being "self-owned" on getbig is the end of my existence. ::)

Oh brother.

As a reformed Catholic / Christian who spent the better part of his youth in Christian private schools, I think I am more than capable of giving my opinion on the ridiculousness of the Christian faith.

If your faith is so strong, why does my lack of it bother you so much?

Sorry tu_holmes!  I did not know you used to be Catholic.  Did the Catholic church give you a hard time with your divorce?   :(

I actually think you are a level headed guy.  I have no doubts that if we had met outside of getbig we would get along just fine and we might actually be even friends!  

I do enjoy your posts about women, marriage and divorce.  You do seem to know about all that from experience.  I don't always agree with those posts, but I do enjoy reading them.   :)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2011, 08:12:06 AM »
Sorry tu_holmes!  I did not know you used to be Catholic.  Did the Catholic church give you a hard time with your divorce?   :(

I actually think you are a level headed guy.  I have no doubts that if we had met outside of getbig we would get along just fine and we might actually be even friends! 

I do enjoy your posts about women, marriage and divorce.  You do seem to know about all that from experience.  I don't always agree with those posts, but I do enjoy reading them.   :)

The Church doesn't have any say in it, but my Catholic friends are not fans of my divorce.

Also, to pick nits... That passage doesn't say that God is a 1000 years old... It says that one day is like a thousand years... That's not giving his age, so I'm not sure where I was owned there.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2011, 08:42:30 AM »
The Church doesn't have any say in it, but my Catholic friends are not fans of my divorce.

Also, to pick nits... That passage doesn't say that God is a 1000 years old... It says that one day is like a thousand years... That's not giving his age, so I'm not sure where I was owned there.

Then I think you misunderstood OzmO's question.  He wasn't asking if the Bible says that God is 1,000 years old.  You are correct that is not in the Bible, but it wasn't what OzmO was asking.  OzmO asked if the Bible says that to God, a day is like a 1,000 years.  OzmO was correct that is found in the Bible.

Doesn't it say in the Bible a day to God is 1000 years?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2011, 10:29:22 AM »
Then I think you misunderstood OzmO's question.  He wasn't asking if the Bible says that God is 1,000 years old.  You are correct that is not in the Bible, but it wasn't what OzmO was asking.  OzmO asked if the Bible says that to God, a day is like a 1,000 years.  OzmO was correct that is found in the Bible.

Then I completely misread his question and that's on me.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2011, 02:22:38 AM »
so when in the Bible, God says he made man, earth and the heavens in 6 days he either meant 1000 years or 6 days right?
No, the Bible is perfectly clear, there is no way the 6 day creation is 6000 years or 1 day 1000 years during the creation and I will tell you why in the very simple concept of photosynthesis, you see plants where made on day 3 and the sun was made on day 4. If this was a 1000 year span then that means the plants went a 1000 years without sunlight, certainly not. And yes OsmO is correct if you trace back the generations from Adam to Jesus you will come up with 4000 years.