Author Topic: Dumb F U C K columnists.  (Read 5958 times)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Dumb F U C K columnists.
« on: August 08, 2007, 11:35:27 AM »
here's Dan Wetzel:

His numbers are nonsensical – most notably the absurd 73 homers in 2001, a total 19.7 percent greater than Roger Maris' mark of 61, which hasn't been touched without massive suspicion in 46 years and counting.

Forty-six year old records don't just fall by 19.7 percent. Or even by the 14.7 percent Mark McGwire exceeded Maris' record in 1998. If someone were to shave 19.7 percent off the current world record in the mile run (3:43.13), he'd finish at 2:59.2. Yes, a three-minute mile. You think you'd believe something so statistically improbable? How about 100-meter dash in 7.8 seconds? You think your grandkids would buy that one, or mock it as some old fish story?

Guess what, they aren't going to believe 73, either. And without those, Bonds didn't pass Aaron.

Most people w half a brain realize that all the 100 m records (w the exception of Greene's . . . and Greene looks more juiced than barry) have been set by people who have tested positive for steroids . . . which is more than you can say about bonds

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Re: Dumb F U C K columnists.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »
not another defender of bonds..where do people come from?!
footloose and fancy free

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 11:43:11 AM »
not another defender of bonds..where do people come from?!

some say God made them.

others say the big bang.

take your pick.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 11:58:16 AM »
I'll take the big bang..since you sound like a space cadet.
footloose and fancy free

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 12:05:08 PM »

what are you bitter about, rockyfortune? does it irk you that bonds has more native talent in his pinky than you and all your ancestors put together?

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 12:27:30 PM »
no..just jealous of that big pumpkinhead on his shoulders...good argument thought, call a cheater out for cheater..that makes someone jealous...guess hank aaron is jealous of him too.

footloose and fancy free

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 02:04:29 PM »
1. do you know what an acromegalic looks like?

2. did you measure bonds' hat size when he came into the league?

3. what's the attraction of repeating a bullshit line? brings comfort to your timid soul?

4. I'll take his word over yours any day of the week and twice on sundays.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/03/05/SPGKABL4BV1.DTL

5. Hank aaron gave him his props.

P.S. any rational person knows barry used something . . . as do all the others you don't see putting up nos. like his.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 02:17:16 PM »

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 02:19:25 PM »

get that weak shit out of here, tagore.  ;D

tagore was a bengali, wasn't he?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 02:23:10 PM »
get that weak shit out of here, tagore.  ;D

tagore was a bengali, wasn't he?

Yeah, a hindu from west bengal.

My old man's family was from there, I THINK.

Back then it was like a universal thing. Now people from bangladesh and west bengal couldn't be more different. The hindus are more educated, better looking, have more money and have more power than us. We're like regressing.  :-X

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 02:29:21 PM »

several years ago I met this woman called "mrs. banerjee" who was from bengal and just gorgeous. i was ~16 y o, and she was ~30 and a flirt. unfortunately, I didn't (know how to) close the deal . . . it's one of the things I remember from time to time. 

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 05:06:15 PM »
several years ago I met this woman called "mrs. banerjee" who was from bengal and just gorgeous. i was ~16 y o, and she was ~30 and a flirt. unfortunately, I didn't (know how to) close the deal . . . it's one of the things I remember from time to time. 

Some high caste hindu chicks are nice.. Rare as hell, but they're nice, kinda like Rai.

Names with "jee" in them usually mean brahmin.. Like Mukerjee(shitty spelling) is a bengali brahmin name.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 05:18:08 PM »

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 05:56:40 PM »

lining up and drinking the media retailed h8r-aid.  very sad.  :'(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 06:11:26 PM »

Nah.  I don't like the media.  I thought Bonds was using GH years before "Game of Shadows" was written. 

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 05:37:27 AM »

called common sense gebra...i don't need to know his hat size...the pictures of him are obvious...bury you head and praise bonds..but he admitted he used---so when he says the record isn't tainted then he's as dumb as you are for believing it isn't. if one guy used (bonds) and on guy didn't (aaron) and bonds breaks his record then that means he didn't do it without help.  get my drift?
footloose and fancy free

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 05:41:14 AM »
1. do you know what an acromegalic looks like?

2. did you measure bonds' hat size when he came into the league?

3. what's the attraction of repeating a bullshit line? brings comfort to your timid soul?

4. I'll take his word over yours any day of the week and twice on sundays.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2005/03/05/SPGKABL4BV1.DTL

5. Hank aaron gave him his props.

yeah..bonds' head looks like a pumpkin because of a glandular disorder...classic stuff...

yeah..aaron gave him props when he decided he wouldn't show up to watch bonds break the record--so he gives a video congrats..the greatest baseball record and he gives him 30 seconds..mad props there..talk about drinking kool aid...

what's bullshit about bonds' being a cheater and a serial drug abuser...

P.S. any rational person knows barry used something . . . as do all the others you don't see putting up nos. like his.
footloose and fancy free

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2007, 04:53:50 PM »
here's Dan Wetzel:

His numbers are nonsensical – most notably the absurd 73 homers in 2001, a total 19.7 percent greater than Roger Maris' mark of 61, which hasn't been touched without massive suspicion in 46 years and counting.

Forty-six year old records don't just fall by 19.7 percent. Or even by the 14.7 percent Mark McGwire exceeded Maris' record in 1998. If someone were to shave 19.7 percent off the current world record in the mile run (3:43.13), he'd finish at 2:59.2. Yes, a three-minute mile. You think you'd believe something so statistically improbable? How about 100-meter dash in 7.8 seconds? You think your grandkids would buy that one, or mock it as some old fish story?

Come on Al,  He went to BALCO specifically for undetectable designer steroids! Barry is not dumb. From 1986 to 1998 Barry averaged 31 home runs per year. 1999 thru 2006 not counting 2005 when he didn't play the number ballooned to 47 per year. Also they didn't testing until a year ago. He admitted to the Grand Jury he used roids "unknowingly". What more proof do you need bro? Barry tarnished an already tremendous career. Why?

The House that Ruth built

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2007, 04:57:55 PM »

I've never disputed that Bonds very probably took steroids . . . and knowingly too.

And so did the people pitching to him, and fielding . . . and probably every other major hitter of the last 30 years . . . and none of them hit 73 in a season, or 758 total.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »
I've never disputed that Bonds very probably took steroids . . . and knowingly too.

And so did the people pitching to him, and fielding . . . and probably every other major hitter of the last 30 years . . . and none of them hit 73 in a season, or 758 total.

Al, 30 years ago the guys were puny. A "big" guy like Reggie Jackson weighed about 200. Canseco was the first guy in the mid 80's, Big Mac started getting huge around 1990. Then in the early 90's others started using. Dykstra, Juan Gonzales, Pudge, Palmiero, Sosa. The home run binge started in earnest in the early 90's when guys like Bagwell hit 44 by August when the strike started in 1994. Brady Anderson 50 in 1996. Gonzalez 57 in 2001. Guys who were singles hitters started hitting 50 home runs. Palmiero averaged 10 per year his first 8 years then magically hits 40 when he gets to Texas and plays with Canseco. There  absolutely no evidence guys were juicing before Canseco.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2007, 06:54:59 PM »
Al, 30 years ago the guys were puny. A "big" guy like Reggie Jackson weighed about 200. Canseco was the first guy in the mid 80's, Big Mac started getting huge around 1990. Then in the early 90's others started using. Dykstra, Juan Gonzales, Pudge, Palmiero, Sosa. The home run binge started in earnest in the early 90's when guys like Bagwell hit 44 by August when the strike started in 1994. Brady Anderson 50 in 1996. Gonzalez 57 in 2001. Guys who were singles hitters started hitting 50 home runs. Palmiero averaged 10 per year his first 8 years then magically hits 40 when he gets to Texas and plays with Canseco. There  absolutely no evidence guys were juicing before Canseco.

well, i'm not disputing that the ball started flying again in the 90s.  And that the steroid era probably peaked by the end of that decade . . . my point is that none of those guys (w the exception of McGuire) came close to Bonds' accomplishments. 

and, what does size have to do w anything?  mantle wasn't mcguire, but 7 out of 10 times he'd hit the ball farther.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2007, 08:56:48 PM »
73 is amazing.  Since he's never hit 50 EVER other than that year, do we assume he took more drugs that year?  No, he just had an amazing year.  He was completely locked in a never slumped.  He got one pitch to hit each game and he hit it out.  Yes, he took steroids, but nobody else came close.

Another thing to consider is that with the expansion teams of Florida and Colorado, 25 pitchers who previously weren't good enough to play MLB were suddenly in the league.  That's a lot of ABs against what was really AAA pitching.  It all adds up.
Y

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2007, 10:34:47 PM »
can't forget Brady Anderson hittin 50 bombs as a leadoff hitter about then too.....

I say if barry did'nt get caught more power to him !

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 06:32:05 AM »
73 is amazing.  Since he's never hit 50 EVER other than that year, do we assume he took more drugs that year?  No, he just had an amazing year.  He was completely locked in a never slumped.  He got one pitch to hit each game and he hit it out.  Yes, he took steroids, but nobody else came close.

Another thing to consider is that with the expansion teams of Florida and Colorado, 25 pitchers who previously weren't good enough to play MLB were suddenly in the league.  That's a lot of ABs against what was really AAA pitching.  It all adds up.

Barry was an amazing player before 1999. Add the stuff he took and you get a superman.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 06:53:26 AM »
fuck bonds..go dodgers