Author Topic: LAWYER QUESTION.....Real Property/Corporate law.  (Read 1006 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: LAWYER QUESTION.....Real Property/Corporate law.
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 08:06:43 PM »
I am scheduling a meeting with a real estate attorney....would like a legal opinion before I go.

What happened:

I found a strip center for sale by bank in foreclosure. I made an offer of 250K and received a counter at 391k....we countered at 365k the agent on the banks side goes dead quiet, we have a local high up bank exec (same bank) tell him to work with us, yet still silence. Then he informs us 2 weeks later that he has accepted another offer, we object and ask for matching acceptance as we were first into negotiations. No reply. We waited and found out he sold the center to a buddy for 325K.....

I have damages, one of my clients was committed to buying a laundry I would have built in the center.

Was it the real estate agent on the bank's side that went quiet? If that's the case, the bank or foreclosed on former owner may have a better case for damages than you. They may or may not have an interest in re-couping from the real estate agent. Does Texas have a lengthy escrow process. Has the sale been closed? If you're already meeting with an attorney, ...go for it. :D Although... it might be a blessing in disguise.
w

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
Re: LAWYER QUESTION.....Real Property/Corporate law.
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 08:01:13 AM »
Just ask the lawyer.