Author Topic: Rahm Emanuel: "The First Amendment is Highly Overrated"  (Read 3608 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Rahm Emanuel: "The First Amendment is Highly Overrated"
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2010, 10:45:44 AM »
if I'm at a frat party, and there are 5 idiots bragging about how drunk they have been while driving...

it's like that.

The whole thing (politics) is disgusting.  But since it affects all of us, can be morbidly entertaining, and helps us to plan our own lives, it's useful to follow.
drunk driving affects all of us as well but im glad to know that you deem that ok too since well everyone is doing it  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 10:56:45 AM »
People study history and discuss it, right?

And history is full of a-holes that lied and killed their way into power, toppled empires, etc.

We don't make a moral judgment there, do we?  Do we piss and moan because napolean did this or that?  No.

yet becaue politics is history of the present (govts, power and int'l relations), suddenly we weep and get out the tissues???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 10:59:47 AM »
People study history and discuss it, right?

And history is full of a-holes that lied and killed their way into power, toppled empires, etc.

We don't make a moral judgment there, do we?  Do we piss and moan because napolean did this or that?  No.

yet becaue politics is history of the present (govts, power and int'l relations), suddenly we weep and get out the tissues???
plenty of ppl still inject morals into history brain child...slavery ring a bell?

youre an idiot plain and simple, you justify driving drunk while your own family knows the pain that this can cause  ::) look both ways dip shit

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2010, 11:01:43 AM »
lol i would personally split open a drunk driver's knee with a nice sledge hammer, given the chance :)

But yes, I can also read about great conquerers in history without getting emotionally attached.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 11:01:59 AM »
Straw - I promise you, those words that rahm said, and nothing even close, ever have passed my lips.

I will see if I can find a longer clip of that.  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2010, 11:09:22 AM »
lol i would personally split open a drunk driver's knee with a nice sledge hammer, given the chance :)

But yes, I can also read about great conquerers in history without getting emotionally attached.
what about the great drunk drivers in history? you know most ppl who drive drunk dont have accidents...

again your idiocy and rationality of your idiocy is astounding...

you think that morals apply when you want them to apply, sorry hoss simply b/c we dont feel the same intensity when reading a history book doesnt mean the actions in them werent moral or immoral...youre argument is that of a 9th grader.

those actions were still moral or immoral, just like any action these days in politics and if you use idiotic logic like "everyone does it" then you have to apply that logic across the board...everybody drinks and drives 240 hope you get out and forgive the person if you or your family is ever hit by one again, God Forbid

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2010, 11:12:23 AM »

I get emotionally attached when I see current people and politicians support things that were tried and failed before and were pre-cursors to even worse things. 

If half of the morons who support this admn would simply read a history book, they would quickly re-consider their mis-guided ways. 

James

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2010, 06:46:48 AM »
i'll check it out, I do like Beck a lot.  you see what i mean though, about using the worst possible nickname/connotation?

I mean, silly putty was invented in the same decade as the holocaust.  Can I now boycott Crayola for profitting off the sale of Holocaust-era silicone polymers?

Here you got 240:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=316681.0

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2010, 08:31:23 AM »
Rahm is another guy that I really want out of our leadership...seems like an arrogant progressive out of touch with mainstream America and I bet he has a lot of pull with the president.