Author Topic: So Far Kinect looks like SHIT (Project Natal)  (Read 6455 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: So Far Kinect looks like SHIT (Project Natal)
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 08:57:47 PM »
Yes, the Xbox is only outselling the PS3 by less than 5 million units, despite being out a year earlier.  But those numbers have to be taken in context - they're incredibly skewed by the Japanese market.  Sony will always have ridiculous command there.   The Xbox is still beating despite missing out on a massive market that favors Japan entirely.  In other words, no matter what the quality of the systems, Sony will always have a massive presence.

why can't the xbox numbers be "skewed" by the US market?  i think the 360 is promoted a lot more than ps3, heck i saw on sportsnation today they talked about kinect but not the move, that mainstream promotion might be why it sells better, also if you read an ign article on a multiplatform game in development it almost always goes to the 360 page, probably because microsoft pays them for the promotion

anyways how do sales numbers mean that one console is better than another?

E
E

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 11:03:55 PM »
the promo i saw from last year was mindboggling... so i havent seen the new one yet.. they would own the comptetition if it did what it said from the promo from e3 2009
real men= no rubbers

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2010, 04:08:56 AM »
why can't the xbox numbers be "skewed" by the US market?  i think the 360 is promoted a lot more than ps3, heck i saw on sportsnation today they talked about kinect but not the move, that mainstream promotion might be why it sells better, also if you read an ign article on a multiplatform game in development it almost always goes to the 360 page, probably because microsoft pays them for the promotion

Because the US market doesn't have blind loyalty to one brand over another like Japan.

As far as Kinect getting more coverage, I would expect that.  They appear to have taken a leap forward with the motion stuff, while move looks like just a Wii clone (and a dildo  ;D)

anyways how do sales numbers mean that one console is better than another?

They don't - look at the Wii.  But, it's just an attempt to counter completely subjective/fanboi statements with something concrete.  As I've said, to each his own with this stuff.  It's all in the experience of the individual user.
Y