Author Topic: How many women here are fitter than their significant others?  (Read 9923 times)

wishtobbigger

• Getbig II
Re: How many women here are fitter than their significant others?
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 09:25:22 AM »
yeah she just stays on the comp she won't work out or do anything with me i think she gets intimidated or something, i have tried to help her and get her involved but she gets mad and doesn't want me to get involved because she thinks i am looking down on her or know more than her.
BKS: the peoples champion

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 09:33:10 AM »
start off slowly with her.  Start with a walk or some fun activity ou know she likes.  thenwhen she gets comfortable start introducing more

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 09:37:59 AM »
start off slowly with her.  Start with a walk or some fun activity ou know she likes.  thenwhen she gets comfortable start introducing more
i agree

and i'm starving.  :(
:D Weee

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 09:44:05 AM »
eat a little snack

wishtobbigger

• Getbig II
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »
thanks alli really appreciate the help, she just wont do nit anymore, she won't even talk about it, she feels like i am looking down on her about it. (that and she has low selfesteem) she thinks that she is a slob, and no matter what i try she just gets mad, i hate to do it but she said something about a personall trainer at ballys and i think i am gonna get it for her, that way she doesn't feel like i am trying to be better than her or push her into it. and then i can work out my way, and she won't be hurt or offended, and i don't have to let her see how i truly workout, it's kinda a balls out workpout

wishtobbigger

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2006, 09:49:33 AM »
just a side note could you get me a snack also please i am starving and all i got are protein bars here at work,(the military doesn't have much in the wya of snacks)

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 09:50:51 AM »
good luck. the other thng you could try maybe a spa day where they do her makeup hair etc.  Once she feels "pretty" that may spark her to try and get back into shape...

wishtobbigger

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2006, 10:16:56 AM »
dam thanks migs i never woulda thought of that one, it's worth a shot though, and just outta curiosity, whats the whole bks thing? it isn't like the squad or any thing is it?

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2006, 10:20:08 AM »
BKS is a band of brothers (that has a sisterhood chapter).  We pretty much created a gruop since we were always talking to each other on the threads.  UNlike the squad,we talk over many subjects and our vocabulary is larger than Pwned and Meltdown. 

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2006, 02:06:32 PM »
Try involving her with some of your activities.  Mike and I go to the gym together every day (well mostly every day) and we go for walks every night for cardio which is nice because it's just the two of us and we can catch up on the days events.  :)

does walking count as cardio? . . . when it's hot, i'll drive five minutes to the gym rather than walk 'cause I thought your heart rate had to be at a certain level for it to up your cardio fitness level.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2006, 03:18:28 PM »
does walking count as cardio? . . . when it's hot, i'll drive five minutes to the gym rather than walk 'cause I thought your heart rate had to be at a certain level for it to up your cardio fitness level.

Depends how fast you are walking if it is 'cardio'. Nevertheless, as the basic premise of fat loss involves expending more calories than you intake, walking at any pace will serve to burn calories which will assist in fat loss. Obviously, putting in some effort and not strolling along like a turtle would be more effective.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2006, 03:21:29 PM »
Depends how fast you are walking if it is 'cardio'. Nevertheless, as the basic premise of fat loss involves expending more calories than you intake, walking at any pace will serve to burn calories which will assist in fat loss. Obviously, putting in some effort and not strolling along like a turtle would be more effective.

what if your goal is to improve your cardiovascular fitness levels?. . . I'm not really concerned about burning fat.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2006, 03:29:46 PM »
what if your goal is to improve your cardiovascular fitness levels?. . . I'm not really concerned about burning fat.

Like mostly everything in the fitness field, that is debatable. I would say assuming you are reasonably young, reasonably in shape and we know you are male [so you say >:(] than some cheesy walking will do crap all to improve your cardiovascular fitness levels.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2006, 04:13:42 PM »
CQ is correct about the walking...it won't do much unless you're of an advanced age or morbidly obese.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2006, 04:16:39 PM »
good, so I'll keep driving to go running.  :)

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2006, 04:17:50 PM »
i lost weight in mexico walking.  but over there it was hot and hilly

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2006, 04:19:54 PM »
i lost weight in mexico walking.  but over there it was hot and hilly

walking probably does help people lose weight . . . I'm more concerned w being able to keep up w women who run marathons for fun.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2006, 04:24:39 PM »
Then yeah, you're better off driving to go running. Doesn't everybody do that  ???

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2006, 04:27:24 PM »
Then yeah, you're better off driving to go running. Doesn't everybody do that  ???

i thought so . . . then Cheri Lain said she went walking and talking for "cardio" . . .

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2006, 04:30:42 PM »
She's probably speed walking. And maybe this sounds sexist, but no man should be seen speed walking...ever!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2006, 04:38:29 PM »
heheh, i saw a thing on ESPN with a guy speedwalking.  you're right shouldn't be seen.  But damn funny.  I laughed so hard my stomach hurt.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2006, 04:48:26 PM »
Men just don't have the hips for it. And no man looks manly, waddling quickly.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »
nope, but damn if it doesnt make you stop, look and laugh

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2006, 06:38:44 PM »
I wouldn't say we "speed" walk, but we do keep a quick pace.  Just fast enough to sweat (from the walk, not the temp) and kinda jargle our speech.  We walk 2 miles in about a half hours time.  It was the only cardio Mike did to prep for his show and that with diet and weight training ... he lost 70 pounds in about 3-4 months.
:D Weee

wishtobbigger

• Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2006, 02:16:33 PM »

i read somwhere that if you were to do a treadmill at a 5% incline and walk at about 3.5-4.5 it was the best thing to do. it supposedly kept your heart at a good rate to burn fat and not any muscle, personally i run 3 miles a day and walk 1-2 on the treadmill