Author Topic: Jeff Jarrett to be inducted in the 2018 WWE HOF  (Read 6327 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Jeff Jarrett to be inducted in the 2018 WWE HOF
« on: February 20, 2018, 06:29:07 AM »
Vince McMahon's former real-life nemesis, Jeff Jarrett, is going into the WWE Hall of Fame ... and no one's as shocked about the news as Double J himself.

TMZ Sports spoke with Jeff just hours after the WWE made the announcement -- and even though he got the call several weeks ago, the pro wrestling legend still can't believe it's happening.

"It's still surreal to me -- it really is," Jarrett said. "I'm getting goose bumps just sitting here talking to you."

The 11-time world champion was a huge star with WWF and WCW ... but had a rocky relationship with Vince -- culminating in him being fired ON LIVE TV after McMahon bought out WCW in 2011. Jarrett lost the IC title to Chyna...a female....on a PPV and extorted Vince out of 300,000 dollars to do the job before being released.

But even though the next decade-and-a-half outside WWE was filled with ups and downs, Jarrett told us -- "I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world."

Jeff adds that he's got nothing but love for the McMahons now ... and he's incredibly grateful and humbled to join Goldberg and others in this year's HOF class.

"There's no denying the fact I have given my professional and, at times, my personal life to this business. So, I wanna thank them and have already thanked them for giving me this opportunity."

The WWE as been a "kinder" version of the promotion since Triple HHH took over the day to day affairs. Proof of this is he had Bruno Sammartino inducted and and a slew of other names that Vince to this day dreads. The Game is a great talker and mediator and knows what is best for business without letting personal feelings get in the way.

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Jeff Jarrett to be inducted in the 2018 WWE HOF
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 01:14:18 PM »
This one caught me completely off guard. Mostly because hes not a HOFer, but its not like there's a real Hall of Fame.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 07:49:53 PM »
...but its not like there's a real Hall of Fame.

Sure there is...

Right between Koko B. Ware & Drew Carey.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 05:22:42 AM »

Sure there is...

Right between Koko B. Ware & Drew Carey.
Lol and its located at the corner of Jabroni Drive and Know Your Role BLVD.  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 03:08:54 PM »
Lol and its located at the corner of Jabroni Drive and Know Your Role BLVD.  ;D

ROFLMMFAO!!!!!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 04:42:08 PM »
This one caught me completely off guard. Mostly because hes not a HOFer, but its not like there's a real Hall of Fame.

A surprise it was to me, but not a shock. Ivory was more of a shock than Double J.

She and Jacqueline are in the HOF, but Mrs. Beast Incarnate isn't? That makes no sense. She's the reason they brought the women's title back in 1998 and she never really lost it. That swerve they did having her drop the belt to Debra, despite winning the evening gown match was patently silly. Ivory took the belt from Debra shortly after that.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 05:44:48 AM »
Ivory is not a surprise at all. She had an extensive career of 20 plus years in different organizations and was one of the few that could actually wrestle and not soley hired on tits and ass of the 90's/2000's.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 05:47:48 PM »
Ivory is not a surprise at all. She had an extensive career of 20 plus years in different organizations and was one of the few that could actually wrestle and not soley hired on tits and ass of the 90's/2000's.

But, Sable's T&A was responsible for bringing the WWF women's title back in 1998. Ivory and Jacqueline were brought to build her up. And it all started with Sable, overtaking Sunny as the top diva, here:

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 04:23:11 AM »
But, Sable's T&A was responsible for bringing the WWF women's title back in 1998. Ivory and Jacqueline were brought to build her up. And it all started with Sable, overtaking Sunny as the top diva, here:

Different times / different mindset 1998. Sable couldn't wrestle worth a damn. Vince McMahon and Vince Russo had a hard on for her which is why she was hired in the first place with Mark Mero.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 03:23:21 PM »
The 11-time world champion was a huge star with WWF and WCW ...

I still have a hard time considering Jeff a "huge star" in the fed.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 06:52:56 AM »

I still have a hard time considering Jeff a "huge star" in the fed.
He never was. He was average at best. The son of a very wealthy promoter who tried.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
He never was. He was average at best. The son of a very wealthy promoter who tried.

Hey, power to them...

My Dad would have done the same.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »
Different times / different mindset 1998. Sable couldn't wrestle worth a damn. Vince McMahon and Vince Russo had a hard on for her which is why she was hired in the first place with Mark Mero.

Can you blame them? You saw the Slammys. I heard that Mero was the first WWF guy with a guaranteed contract, among the stipulations was  Sable be allowed to travel with him. A lot of stars were supposedly jealous that Mero's wife could travel with him (which doesn't make any sense, considering Goldust had Marlena at the time, before Mero arrived).

I realize that Sable didn't have the skills initially, which is why they brought Jacqueline into the company and gave her the belt first, to keep it warm for Sable. But, without Sable's hotness, Vince probably wouldn't have brought the WWF women's title back.