Author Topic: Arm Gaining Contest - Who can make the greatest improvements in 8 weeks  (Read 247950 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Arm Gaining Contest - Who can make the greatest improvements in 8 weeks
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2017, 04:06:57 PM »
no answer eh? bASS-ILLe

heres ths thing.... you talk but i talk and I DO

the proof is in the pudding and the pudding will be my progress photos

im predicting that ill gain very fast the first 10-14 days then after that the gains will still come steady but not at such a rapid pace as they will in the first 10-14 days

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2017, 05:58:27 PM »
I did answer but the content was in the quote. I fixed that. You don't know what you are doing and your theory isn't correct or complete so you will not gain much. Plateau coming in 1, 2, 3.....

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2017, 06:12:18 PM »
no answer eh? bASS-ILLe

heres ths thing.... you talk but i talk and I DO

the proof is in the pudding and the pudding will be my progress photos

im predicting that ill gain very fast the first 10-14 days then after that the gains will still come steady but not at such a rapid pace as they will in the first 10-14 days

Look, show some respect. I am not some anonymous asshole posting here. I have an original theory of hypertrophy and you don't even know what it is. Since you are NOT

an expert you have no idea if what I claim is true. So you default to your broscience nonsense and try to dismiss me by making fun of my name. That is attacking the person

not his theory. If you don't know how to discuss matters in an educated fashion you should refrain from asking advice from people such as myself.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2017, 06:16:00 PM »
bump for esf starting arm pics

Forgot I posted in this thread. Haven't checked replies, but I recall the old insecure guy trying to tell me my "natural" arm size was "15inches because that's what I said they'd after starving myself another week"(nevermind the fact I hadn't trained PERIOD, b/t mid-march & mid-Sept,ate maybe 2x a day, & have done only maybe 3 HRT-&testosterone injections).... &I'm down to hovering above 200. Usually even at 215-210, even 205, my arms will be within a few reps of 17in. No clue what they are now, but they seem much smaller than they've been in over a decade... Fuck, smaller than when I was like maybe 16yrs old. Was pretty stoked that from the time I was 16 I could always say " 16 years old with 16 inch arms, 17 years old 17 inch arms, 18 years old 18 inch arms, then it stalls out when I was 19 lol... Got stuck at 19-19.5" & don't believe I ever cracked 20 even when I was heavier. 1st time I hit the 240s I was dieted down(or dieted "up") & they dropped down. Since then even in the 220-240 they.stayed 18 3/4-19 1/2.... So, even if I did emaciated myself down to 15inches, its not like I'm pitting on 'new' size.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2017, 06:23:02 PM »
Look, show some respect. I am not some anonymous asshole posting here. I have an original theory of hypertrophy and you don't even know what it is. Since you are NOT

an expert you have no idea if what I claim is true. So you default to your broscience nonsense and try to dismiss me by making fun of my name. That is attacking the person

not his theory. If you don't know how to discuss matters in an educated fashion you should refrain from asking advice from people such as myself.

Why should anyone show you respect? Who do you think you are? lol at you demanding respect. Too funny.

I know you are using the word "theory" in a different manner; however, according to scientific consensus, you DO NOT have a Theory. You have a hypothesis.

You do not have a theory because you have not presented evidence from randomized controlled clinical trials. Therefore, that which could be asserted without evidence could be dismissed without evidence. You are deluded. You have no hypertrophy theory; you have no evidence for a hypertrophy theory. Thus, you have no theory to attack. You have ZERO credibility, which would earn you any respect among the scientific community. You have a crackpot hypothesis. No respectable scientist would give your hypothesis any credence or time of day. You have conjured up in your own mind that you have a theory. You don't. Accept it and move on.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #105 on: September 30, 2017, 06:34:23 PM »
Everyone talking about arm size as if this was a bodybuilding site. I've seen little bodybuilding talk about training and diet but rather contest results and the ones commenting on contest results barely train but speak as if they were experts. dj181, you posted up your arm with a close up pic but say you're about 145-150 which tells me that that arm measurement is about 141/2-151/2". Yeah, you're lean but then again so is Michael Phelps. You look great for fitness/beach.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2017, 07:05:36 PM »
Why should anyone show you respect? Who do you think you are? lol at you demanding respect. Too funny.

I know you are using the word "theory" in a different manner; however, according to scientific consensus, you DO NOT have a Theory. You have a hypothesis.

You do not have a theory because you have not presented evidence from randomized controlled clinical trials. Therefore, that which could be asserted without evidence could be dismissed without evidence. You are deluded. You have no hypertrophy theory; you have no evidence for a hypertrophy theory. Thus, you have no theory to attack. You have ZERO credibility, which would earn you any respect among the scientific community. You have a crackpot hypothesis. No respectable scientist would give your hypothesis any credence or time of day. You have conjured up in your own mind that you have a theory. You don't. Accept it and move on.

I don't comprehend how someone can post for years on a forum and remain totally anonymous. No identity, no photo, no nothing. You are a nobody to me.

I don't have a scientific theory but a theory about hypertrophy. Since you are not an expert in this field you have no idea who the experts are. You don't even know the history of the theories of hypertrophy.

You of all people should show some respect for people who have achieved some success in the Iron Game. As far as we know you have done bugger all but have a big mouth and think you are entitled to criticize others.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #107 on: September 30, 2017, 07:17:37 PM »
I don't comprehend how someone can post for years on a forum and remain totally anonymous. No identity, no photo, no nothing. You are a nobody to me.

I don't have a scientific theory but a theory about hypertrophy. Since you are not an expert in this field you have no idea who the experts are. You don't even know the history of the theories of hypertrophy.

You of all people should show some respect for people who have achieved some success in the Iron Game. As far as we know you have done bugger all but have a big mouth and think you are entitled to criticize others.

Straight bar vs EZ curl bar?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #108 on: September 30, 2017, 07:22:06 PM »

Listen, you better only respond to me when I give you permission to respond, you hear?!?!?

You do not have any THEORY about hypertrophy. You have a HYPOTHESIS.

You are not an expert either. Experts publish in peer-reviewed journals and write reputable books. You have done neither, except "invent"
an oversized, crappy bicep supination machine.

You have not achieved any success in the iron game. You rigged a competition by picking your own judges. You have a bunch of "ideas" that do not even closely resemble a theory. And, you invented a bicep supination machine, which has never been used in any gyms (apart from your own). This is not success. This is success that you have made up in your own mind. COACHISBACK is successful within the iron game/strength field. You are not.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #109 on: September 30, 2017, 09:05:42 PM »
Listen, you better only respond to me when I give you permission to respond, you hear?!?!?

You do not have any THEORY about hypertrophy. You have a HYPOTHESIS.

You are not an expert either. Experts publish in peer-reviewed journals and write reputable books. You have done neither, except "invent"
an oversized, crappy bicep supination machine.

You have not achieved any success in the iron game. You rigged a competition by picking your own judges. You have a bunch of "ideas" that do not even closely resemble a theory. And, you invented a bicep supination machine, which has never been used in any gyms (apart from your own). This is not success. This is success that you have made up in your own mind. COACHISBACK is successful within the iron game/strength field. You are not.

What you? Listen to this dude. So you went to university. Big deal. If you studied hypertrophy you would know that the subject of maximum muscular size is not anything the scientists are interested in. So at best they extrapolate beyond normal subjects since the large bodybuilders are not studied.

Don't come up with ad hominem attacks about me but criticize my theory. It has been published in IronMan magazine in 2000 and 2001. There are no journals for hypertrophy in bodybuilding. You represent the typical Getbigger flotsam who knows bugger all but feels he is entitled as anyone to act like an expert here. Nope, no evidence that you know much about bodybuilding at all.

Please outline your theory of hypertrophy for the board to assess.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2017, 09:19:00 PM »

Please outline your theory of hypertrophy for the board to assess.

What you? You first!!
Getbig has been asking for a copy of your hypothesis for years and all you've done is avoid.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2017, 09:44:40 PM »
What you? You first!!
Getbig has been asking for a copy of your hypothesis for years and all you've done is avoid.

:D

Hey, Vincenzo how is gym business going on *

(*remember, U a successful businessman)   ::)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2017, 10:03:13 PM »
vince basshole is a legend, trolling the trolls making everyone waste time holding the carrot out on a line  8)
A

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: hey basile, lets have an arm gaining contest
« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2017, 01:23:55 AM »

There should be no shame not understanding hypertrophy. What you posted is false and will not lead to maximum hypertrophy for you. You literally have no idea what to do. I can predict you can't gain much size using your ideas.

uhh, already put on half a cm

as i said before its all about fatiguing/working the muscle which DOES NOT require heavy loads or even increasing loads

disclaimer: this is with regards to "aesthetics only" training for strength power athletic condition is a whole different story

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2017, 01:32:51 AM »
Everyone talking about arm size as if this was a bodybuilding site. I've seen little bodybuilding talk about training and diet but rather contest results and the ones commenting on contest results barely train but speak as if they were experts. dj181, you posted up your arm with a close up pic but say you're about 145-150 which tells me that that arm measurement is about 141/2-151/2". Yeah, you're lean but then again so is Michael Phelps. You look great for fitness/beach.

thanks dude

i've never said i was a bb or do i want to be a bb, but what really strange/wierd is that there are rather quite a few others here who want me to be a bb  ???

imo they are insecure about not being as "big" as they wanna be and they see that im slim so they project their horseshit size fear on to me lol

if one wants to be a belly, or i mean body, builder than so be it

dont know where basshole (very good one brother Falcon😎) got the idea that im asking him for advices, as im clearly not, what im doing is showing and PROVING by supplying visual evidence that im.... (thinking about this for a sec 😁)

ok, im showing and proving basically that i am superior 😝

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2017, 01:38:35 AM »
Dj181, you have great arms. I disagree with Vince that DOMS is necessary for growth. Many years ago, when I gave a crap about getting bigger, my training philosophy was borrowed from the Arnold Schwarzenegger Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding.

Arnold preached full ROM and training to failure on every work set. So, that's what I did. I got stronger, given my ectomorph status not a heap bigger, but throughout my training Arnold's basic philosophy has always worked. Never had DOMS except coming back to training from a break.

If you're constantly sore, I think that is a bad thing rather than a good thing... but hey, what do I know. I'm just a skinny twink.  :)

thanks bro

what i do is "aesthetic buliding" not belly/body building and for that its all about throughly working the muscle and fatiguing it and working to failure

i do have one kind of qualm though, and that is im pretty sure this training will slow down my hand speed and possibly even make me lose punching power 😩

oh well, good news for ma man che i guess

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2017, 02:02:05 AM »
Delay Onset Muscle Soreness or DOMS has always been a key indicator of growth for me. Without the soreness after a workout I don't feel I have stressed the muscle to a significant enough degree to warrant much growth. Once you get to a certain size and strength however it can get very taxing to do enough to continually get the the point where Doms is achieved.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2017, 02:02:39 AM »
Just include hand speed and punching power exercises in between your muscle training. Mike Tyson was a big dude but his size didn't affect his boxing skills.

i thought about taking boxing lessons again coz i want to improve my puching speed, power, accurancy, skill/technique but i dont want any god damn conditioning training, but its hard to find a coach who will do so coz they got this conditioning aspect tattooed in thier brains >:(

ratherbebig

• Getbig V
  • if you got more than 10k you're gay
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2017, 02:43:32 AM »
theory or hypothesis, it's interesting just the same.

i appreciate vinces contributions to getbig.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2017, 04:09:32 AM »
Conditioning will go hand in hand with improving all those things. Practice will be physical, so automatically you'll get a bit more conditioned. You could even buy either a big bag or a little bag and just work on it in your own time. Coach yourself.

got this at my place to work on speed and accuracy but its already too easy

geared up a tennis ball to it and its still not that difficult pour moi

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2017, 04:51:08 AM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2017, 05:29:37 AM »
If you want someone to coach you, try to find a specific boxing gym or martial arts gym. Even if someone there doesn't know exactly how to coach you, they could at least suggest ways to train.

i had a coach with 15 years of boxing experience and he knows his shit

but hes a stubborn hard headed bastard just like myself and he refuses to train me unless i go full bore including this conditioning horsehit

as an example id do 8 or 9 contenuios minutes of pushup situps and burpees ALLOUT NONSTOP straight and then get a 60 second break and do it again

thing is, i did get suoerfit thanks to my outsatnding genetics but why? im not gonna be a pro boxer or even ametur, i juat like practicing boxing

he told me that i had twice the fitness level of any holligan he trainied though  8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2017, 05:32:10 AM »

this plus dbs and pully machine is all you need for arms

and you dont need to use more than 50 or 60 pounds EVER

could never figure out why you are here though, coz you are basically above this nuthouse  ???

Simple Simon

« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2017, 05:34:08 AM »
i had a coach with 15 years of boxing experience and he knows his shit

but hes a stubborn hard headed bastard just like myself and he refuses to train me unless i go full bore including this conditioning horsehit

as an example id do 8 or 9 contenuios minutes of pushup situps and burpees ALLOUT NONSTOP straight and then get a 60 second break and do it again

thing is, i did get suoerfit thanks to my outsatnding genetics but why? im not gonna be a pro boxer or even ametur, i juat like practicing boxing

he told me that i had twice the fitness level of any holligan he trainied though  8)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2017, 05:44:03 AM »

pm your facebook then ill add you and you can ask my boxing coach directly if what i say is true  ;)

also, i can link you with Mr. ROBERT LORIMER and you can ask him about me, but dont ask him why he trained me with the fitness girls on legs to humilate me as they could squat and dead more than me, but i DESTROYED them on all things UPPER BODY 😎

cant link you with Dr. Blakely though as i have no direct link/contact to him 😢