Author Topic: People who had no business being wrestlers  (Read 25824 times)

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: People who had no business being wrestlers
« Reply #125 on: April 03, 2013, 12:48:09 PM »
Since the "Four Horseman" got inducted in the Hall last year, doesn't that mean that Sting, Luger, Sid, Ole Anderson, Benoit, Malenko, McMichael, et. al, are all Hall of famers, now?

NO, NO, NO!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #126 on: April 03, 2013, 12:54:07 PM »
And what "Double J" litany would be complete without.....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #127 on: April 03, 2013, 12:54:57 PM »
Since the "Four Horseman" got inducted in the Hall last year, doesn't that mean that Sting, Luger, Sid, Ole Anderson, Benoit, Malenko, McMichael, et. al, are all Hall of famers, now?

No, not everyone to ever be a Horseman was inducted. Case in point: Benoit will never even have his name mentioned again in WWE, much less come anywhere near the HOF.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #128 on: April 03, 2013, 01:19:10 PM »

No, not everyone to ever be a Horseman was inducted. Case in point: Benoit will never even have his name mentioned again in WWE, much less come anywhere near the HOF.

I'm making a point. If you induct a group, everyone associated with that group would be part of the HOF (that includes Benoit).

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #129 on: April 03, 2013, 01:24:06 PM »
Did you REALLY have to post that pic?  It makes me sick to my stomach then, just like it does now.  One of the worst fits in their history if you ask me.  He got his in the end though.  ;D

I never did care for any of his gimmicks.  Plus, he always just beat the crap out of Flair, hulked up on him, and never lost clean.

Way too silly to be a Horseman.
ALWAYS HATED STINGS BITCH TITTED BUILD,,,

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: April 03, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »
I'm making a point. If you induct a group, everyone associated with that group would be part of the HOF (that includes Benoit).

Well, here's another "point" you can take up with Vince over brunch.
 :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: April 03, 2013, 01:45:28 PM »
ALWAYS HATED STINGS BITCH TITTED BUILD,,,

But, he never had to look for cream for his coffee!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: April 03, 2013, 01:46:31 PM »

I don't know how they arrived at the decision, but the only men specifically recognized as Horsemen at the ceremony and officially inducted into the HOF are Blanchard, Arn, Ric, Dillon, and Windham.

Again, I don't understand how and/or why Vince chose those guys specifically, but they are the only men to have received rings and have their names entered on the HOF roster as Horsemen.
Apparently, just "being" a Horseman wasn't enough to qualify. Not saying I agree or disagree with it, but that's how it is.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #133 on: April 03, 2013, 02:02:42 PM »

But, he never had to look for cream for his coffee!
LOL...

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #134 on: April 03, 2013, 02:18:57 PM »

I don't know how they arrived at the decision, but the only men specifically recognized as Horsemen at the ceremony and officially inducted into the HOF are Blanchard, Arn, Ric, Dillon, and Windham.

Again, I don't understand how and/or why Vince chose those guys specifically, but they are the only men to have received rings and have their names entered on the HOF roster as Horsemen.
Apparently, just "being" a Horseman wasn't enough to qualify. Not saying I agree or disagree with it, but that's how it is.

That is about what it should be.  I could make an argument for, and wouldn't argue against Ole and Luger (yes, Luger) but that is it.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #135 on: April 03, 2013, 03:00:45 PM »
That is about what it should be.  I could make an argument for, and wouldn't argue against Ole and Luger (yes, Luger) but that is it.

Let me explain myself before the inevitable beatdown.  Luger, in my opinion was a very good Horseman.  He certainly didn't need to talk that much, everyone else had that covered.  He gave the Horseman that huge muscular guy to protect them.  At the time Arn hadn't really developed into the Enforcer, so he made a great one.  And early on, he could wrestle a little.  Again if he couldn't, the others had that covered. 

I think Stoppa would agree, although he is not as big of a fan as I.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #136 on: April 03, 2013, 07:37:01 PM »
my opinion luger was great for what he was the 'incredible specimen'as he was referred to week after week,in shape for so long to hard to remember ,yes his matches were predictable you could see how he waited for the better performer to 'work' the match but he came through and was great heel/face.his build created his aura and the fans responded,flip the coin to an amazing technical wrestler like scott steiner who was built but reinvented himself to be 'freak'and injured/lost all his greatness and became clothsline/flex/maybe slam and cover lame win,,,frakensteiner,belly to belly,side,tiltawhirl suplex were great moves...juiced himself to ruin,,

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2013, 05:39:33 AM »
my opinion luger was great for what he was the 'incredible specimen'as he was referred to week after week,in shape for so long to hard to remember ,yes his matches were predictable you could see how he waited for the better performer to 'work' the match but he came through and was great heel/face.his build created his aura and the fans responded,flip the coin to an amazing technical wrestler like scott steiner who was built but reinvented himself to be 'freak'and injured/lost all his greatness and became clothsline/flex/maybe slam and cover lame win,,,frakensteiner,belly to belly,side,tiltawhirl suplex were great moves...juiced himself to ruin,,

I agree with you guys. I think that was a good role for Luger to assume for a while. It got him over much stronger than he would have on his own, and it provided a unique element to the Horsemen, which had not yet been established.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #138 on: April 05, 2013, 07:14:55 AM »
I can't believe they picked Windham over Tully.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2013, 09:19:14 AM »
I can't believe they picked Windham over Tully.

No, Tully was there; he's just so short and grey-haired you can barely tell that it was indeed he.

Ole wasn't inducted.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2013, 09:21:32 AM »
If Ole wasn't such a prick in real life, he could have made a few bucks from that.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2013, 10:08:17 AM »

I agree with you guys. I think that was a good role for Luger to assume for a while. It got him over much stronger than he would have on his own, and it provided a unique element to the Horsemen, which had not yet been established.

We better slow down this love for Luger a little.  Stoppa liked him okay, but not as much as me, and I would hate for him to think we were short-changing Tully, and try to lay a beatdown on me.

I saw Luger at a bb show in Atlanta around 04-05, before his paralysis and really bad health for sure.  He was still big, but could barely get around.  He walked like an 80 year old in bad shape.  It was sad.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2013, 12:24:06 PM »
We better slow down this love for Luger a little.  Stoppa liked him okay, but not as much as me, and I would hate for him to think we were short-changing Tully, and try to lay a beatdown on me.

I saw Luger at a bb show in Atlanta around 04-05, before his paralysis and really bad health for sure.  He was still big, but could barely get around.  He walked like an 80 year old in bad shape.  It was sad.
sux,,had great build ,,

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »

What happened to Luger? I never payed much attention to news involving him, and next thing I knew, he was in a wheelchair.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2013, 02:01:45 PM »

What happened to Luger? I never payed much attention to news involving him, and next thing I knew, he was in a wheelchair.

X2

I am completely outside the loop on that one but it seems like he fell FAST and HARD

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2013, 03:16:31 PM »
Didn't he get some kind of infection in his body?  I think that might be it.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2013, 04:30:54 PM »
luger and mrs elizabeth abused drugs together ,macho man who died driving at the wheel abused drugs i'm sure with liz,,even tho she looked squeaky clean when she was with randy,,,

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2013, 05:10:08 PM »

Well, a quick Google search turned up this:
On October 19, 2007, Luger suffered a nerve impingement in his neck that led to temporary paralysis. He underwent intravenous antibiotic treatment and was expected to make a full recovery.[96] Nearly a month after his spinal stroke, Luger was still in a quadriplegic state, having no movement in either his arms or legs. As of June 2008, Luger was said to be able to stand on his own for short periods of time and walk using a walker. As of 2010, Luger has stated in an interview that he is able to walk more comfortably, and is able to drive around after being paralyzed from the neck down before. Luger has stated in an interview he now resides in Atlanta, Georgia, and loves his family.[97]

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: April 07, 2013, 03:29:30 AM »
luger and mrs elizabeth abused drugs together ,macho man who died driving at the wheel abused drugs i'm sure with liz,,even tho she looked squeaky clean when she was with randy,,,

Yeah that would not surprise me in the least bit. I'm like u in the fact that I'm pretty sure that was the case when you add in both their histories with substance use plus that late 80s era where it was pretty rampant in the industry

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: April 07, 2013, 08:09:23 AM »
Yeah that would not surprise me in the least bit. I'm like u in the fact that I'm pretty sure that was the case when you add in both their histories with substance use plus that late 80s era where it was pretty rampant in the industry

The 80's were HORRIBLE in terms of recreational drug use and abuse; performance-enhancers, too. The 90's ushered in abuse of prescription meds, which were even more dangerous since they were "legal." Guys would pop Somas and vicodins in front of road agents backstage, and the agents were essentially powerless to stop them.

Road Warrior Hawk would have occasional "contests" with others to see who could pop the most pain pills and stay standing. He did this before a PPV match once and had to spend most of the match standing (barely) on the apron.