Author Topic: Hi Fat Low Carb - When does the magic happen?  (Read 21340 times)

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
Re: Hi Fat : When does magic happen?
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2015, 10:30:37 AM »
No cheat days is what works. The whole idea of a keto diet is Don't Eat Carbs. Cheat days, when you eat carbs, stops the whole keto process, so it puts you back to square one. You either have to do it correctly, to see results, or don't bother doing it at all. You will have plenty of energy from burning body fat, for exercising.
body fat cant fuel heavy lifting. only sissy training.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2015, 10:31:05 AM »
No cheat days is what works. The whole idea of a keto diet is Don't Eat Carbs. Cheat days, when you eat carbs, stops the whole keto process, so it puts you back to square one. You either have to do it correctly, to see results, or don't bother doing it at all. You will have plenty of energy from burning body fat, for exercising.

The anabolic diet says a cheat meal/day is needed. False?

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • "The World Meets Nobody Half Way"
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2015, 10:35:19 AM »
correct. .but I wasn't on the anabolic diet..

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2015, 10:48:25 AM »
correct. .but I wasn't on the anabolic diet..

Isnt that basically what we are talking about tho? Hi fat keto is basically anabolic diet

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 11:07:22 AM »

False. It slows down the process of body fat loss. I don't know which version of an anabolic or keto diet, that you are using. There are bunch of them, with differences of opinion as to what should constitute a keto diet. The basics are simple and work. If you want to lose your body fat, then don't eat carbs, up your fat and protein intake instead, and your body fat will burn away. And, you don't need to eat carbs for energy. Fats are your best source of energy, but you won't be able to burn any body fat, unless you get rid of the carbs in your diet. Aren't too many ways that I can explain it. Do it, or don't, but half way shit is a waste of time. GL.

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2015, 11:12:50 AM »
Isnt that basically what we are talking about tho? Hi fat keto is basically anabolic diet
Theres many varations of keto. .thats DiPasquales method..Honestly Ive tried that in the past. .not for a show..I put on some size and maintained a lean look..but in my opinion Palumbos keto diet would be a better option...

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2015, 11:17:38 AM »
Theres many varations of keto. .thats DiPasquales method..Honestly Ive tried that in the past. .not for a show..I put on some size and maintained a lean look..but in my opinion Palumbos keto diet would be a better option...

How are they different? They sound exactly the same to me

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2015, 11:20:01 AM »
False. It slows down the process of body fat loss. I don't know which version of an anabolic or keto diet, that you are using. There are bunch of them, with differences of opinion as to what should constitute a keto diet. The basics are simple and work. If you want to lose your body fat, then don't eat carbs, up your fat and protein intake instead, and your body fat with burn away. And, you don't need to eat carbs for energy. Fats are your best source of energy, but you won't be able to burn any body fat, unless you get rid of the carbs in your diet. Aren't too many ways that I can explain it. Do it, or don't, but half way shit is a waste of time. GL.

Yeah i got it. I thougt anabolic and keto was the same idea. I liked the anabolic diet weekend DAY cheat as it seems more sustainable for a lifestyle (allows me a couple beers and a normal person dinner with the wife)

Go 4 It

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2015, 12:13:50 PM »
How are they different? They sound exactly the same to me
dude they're vastly different. ..Palumbo has 1 cheat meal a week and his fat sources are much more strict

Sophus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2015, 02:50:06 PM »
False. It slows down the process of body fat loss. I don't know which version of an anabolic or keto diet, that you are using. There are bunch of them, with differences of opinion as to what should constitute a keto diet. The basics are simple and work. If you want to lose your body fat, then don't eat carbs, up your fat and protein intake instead, and your body fat will burn away. And, you don't need to eat carbs for energy. Fats are your best source of energy, but you won't be able to burn any body fat, unless you get rid of the carbs in your diet. Aren't too many ways that I can explain it. Do it, or don't, but half way shit is a waste of time. GL.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

broscience at its best

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2015, 05:01:14 PM »
dude they're vastly different. ..Palumbo has 1 cheat meal a week and his fat sources are much more strict

I read that anabolic diet isnt really keto but close, and weekends you carb up. I guess im doing modified, one cheat MEAL per week (sat night). Keto is the same but the carb ups are
More often and timed around work outs, but i cant be bothered with all that nit picking.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2015, 07:18:32 PM »
As far as contest dieting goes the way I have always done it as follows. I do zero carb and generally do an all day carb up on Sat. The carb meals are structured so one can still eat roughly 6 meals per day. Mainly carbs and fats with protein rather low but not too low. My guys consistently lost 2 to 2.5 pounds of fat per week. The carb meals replenished glycogen and seemed to speed up the metabolism and obviously gave these guys something to look forward to which was just a bonus. You have to remember we are dealing with bodybuilders here not the general public and most of these guys are running lots of anabolics. You do NOT have to worry about being in ketosis that is a non issue.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2015, 07:35:59 PM »
There's no magic.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2015, 12:37:31 AM »
I read that anabolic diet isnt really keto but close, and weekends you carb up. I guess im doing modified, one cheat MEAL per week (sat night). Keto is the same but the carb ups are
More often and timed around work outs, but i cant be bothered with all that nit picking.
i think the idea is that you load enough carbs to fuel your workouts for the week, while going back into ketosis after 2-3 days and then burning bodyfat for the other 3 days of the week...

ketosis occurs when LIVER glycogen is depleted, not MUSCLE glycogen. muscle glycogen fuels your workouts. if liver glycogen is depleted (which usually takes ~2-3 days and can be sped up via cardio etc) you go into ketosis.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2015, 04:01:48 AM »
As far as contest dieting goes the way I have always done it as follows. I do zero carb and generally do an all day carb up on Sat. The carb meals are structured so one can still eat roughly 6 meals per day. Mainly carbs and fats with protein rather low but not too low. My guys consistently lost 2 to 2.5 pounds of fat per week. The carb meals replenished glycogen and seemed to speed up the metabolism and obviously gave these guys something to look forward to which was just a bonus. You have to remember we are dealing with bodybuilders here not the general public and most of these guys are running lots of anabolics. You do NOT have to worry about being in ketosis that is a non issue.

Yeah i keep reading that as well, that ketosis isnt the goal. Just programming the body to use fat instead.
Im also curious about the calorie content you had your guys follow. Dr dipasqual says 3400 cals for a 200 lb guy all week of fat, pro, and less than 30 carbs...for maintenence.  Honestly that sounds hi and I would think would make someone fat but i dunno

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2015, 06:43:16 AM »
ketosis IS the goal. for ketosis muscle glycogen does not have to be depleted though. only liver glycogen. which takes 2-3 days of no carbs.

these calories are way too high. youd also have to eat like 300g of fat with these macros... protein should be kept below 250 or so max...
that leaves 2400 kcals from fat, thats close to 300g fat. unless you drink mayonnaise thats much higher than needed

use as little calories as possible
keto allows you to be full and have less cravings anyway on much lower calories than carb diets...
i can diet on 2500 kcals a day on keto EXTREMELY confortable... i can easily get away with only 3 meals a day too. that makes about 60g fat per meal. keeps you full for hours...

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2015, 06:53:00 AM »
ketosis IS the goal. for ketosis muscle glycogen does not have to be depleted though. only liver glycogen. which takes 2-3 days of no carbs.

these calories are way too high. youd also have to eat like 300g of fat with these macros... protein should be kept below 250 or so max...
that leaves 2400 kcals from fat, thats close to 300g fat. unless you drink mayonnaise thats much higher than needed

keto allows you to be full and have less cravings anyway on much lower calories than carb diets...
i can diet on 2500 kcals a day on keto EXTREMELY confortable... i can easily get away with only 3 meals a day too. that makes about 60g fat per meal. keeps you full for hours...

I should add that i am not "cutting" per say. Almost like a "recomp" while i near the end of my 600-700mg test cycle. So, i dont want to diet to early this year. I still want to add a bit of muscle but just firm it up. The Ad sounds great for that. Honestly all his readings say a maintenece cal of 3400. 16-18 times bodyweight. I always looks great in spring when i finish cutting, but my body kind of crashes in summer and i start packing on fat again, even when my cals are low. Semi-metabolic damage type of thing i think.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 08:40:51 AM »
honestly i think the attempt to gain muscle without carbs is a complete and utter waste of time

while keto is great for cutting
its a completely useless approach for gaining muscle in ANY form and shape (including the anabolic diet. you might gain a miniscule amount of muscle on the carb up day, but not as much as you lose during the cutting phase, lol)
keto is also very damaging to your metabolism in long term imo unless you use t3 anyway

for recomping do carb cycling or eat at maintenance and blast the AAS
imo the "recomping" thing is far inferior to bulking and cutting though

decide what you want.. bulk or cut. why not do a mini cut or continue bulking if you dont want to cut too early?
i decided to start cutting 3 weeks ago so ill be ready for summer when summer starts or even earlier (probably gonna be 7% bf tops at the beginning of april)
then ill bulk slowly and clean throughout all summer
i look much better when im full of carbs anyway

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2015, 10:18:29 AM »
honestly i think the attempt to gain muscle without carbs is a complete and utter waste of time

while keto is great for cutting
its a completely useless approach for gaining muscle in ANY form and shape (including the anabolic diet. you might gain a miniscule amount of muscle on the carb up day, but not as much as you lose during the cutting phase, lol)
keto is also very damaging to your metabolism in long term imo unless you use t3 anyway

for recomping do carb cycling or eat at maintenance and blast the AAS
imo the "recomping" thing is far inferior to bulking and cutting though

decide what you want.. bulk or cut. why not do a mini cut or continue bulking if you dont want to cut too early?
i decided to start cutting 3 weeks ago so ill be ready for summer when summer starts or even earlier (probably gonna be 7% bf tops at the beginning of april)
then ill bulk slowly and clean throughout all summer
i look much better when im full of carbs anyway

Thanks jizmo man, i was reading that the AD was actually intended for endo/meso who want to bulk. It wasnt intended for cutting but works well if cals are dropped. How would thyroid take a hit if cals were hi enough and cheats were incorporated

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2015, 11:03:40 AM »
a high carb day would probably keep thyroid firing... if you dont eat carbs then t4 to t3 conversion drops significantly... no matter how high your total calories are ... there are studies on that but im too lazy to dig them out right now :P high carb days would probably ameliorate this, yeah

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2015, 11:26:26 AM »
a high carb day would probably keep thyroid firing... if you dont eat carbs then t4 to t3 conversion drops significantly... no matter how high your total calories are ... there are studies on that but im too lazy to dig them out right now :P high carb days would probably ameliorate this, yeah

Thanks bro, im about 19 days into the "diet" im trying to be more lifestyle, but yeah ill let u know how it works out

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: February 21, 2015, 09:09:50 AM »
During the AD lifestyle, are the carbs up the same calorie content that the days of the week are, just more carbs and alot less fats?

Noticing my stomache and legs are way tighter and chest has lost water. Today is my first real full carb day. Had some protein bars, chipotle bowl with rice, low sugar cereal. Will have a beer and normal person dinner later. Back to hi fat low carb sunday

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 21, 2015, 09:51:41 AM »

The goal is fat loss with muscle preservation. Being in ketosis will not aid either and since your insulin levels are in check your appetite will also be curbed. Worrying about being in ketosis is just putting undo stress on your self for no reason.

Jizmo

• Getbig IV
  • getbigbrah
« Reply #73 on: February 21, 2015, 09:57:08 AM »
During the AD lifestyle, are the carbs up the same calorie content that the days of the week are, just more carbs and alot less fats?

Noticing my stomache and legs are way tighter and chest has lost water. Today is my first real full carb day. Had some protein bars, chipotle bowl with rice, low sugar cereal. Will have a beer and normal person dinner later. Back to hi fat low carb sunday

usually much higher
some people eat 1000g carbs on carb ups
500-600g usually does the trick. so thats still additional calories
if you keep fat low you wont gain any fat even when you eat a shitton of carbs (if you limit that to a day).
there are even studies on that

The goal is fat loss with muscle preservation. Being in ketosis will not aid either and since your insulin levels are in check your appetite will also be curbed. Worrying about being in ketosis is just putting undo stress on your self for no reason.
being in ketosis makes dieting much easier because of less appetite. how does that apply stress lol. its much more stressful to be starving all day because your insulin runs amok.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2015, 10:07:35 AM »
usually much higher
some people eat 1000g carbs on carb ups
500-600g usually does the trick. so thats still additional calories
if you keep fat low you wont gain any fat even when you eat a shitton of carbs (if you limit that to a day).
there are even studies on that
being in ketosis makes dieting much easier because of less appetite. how does that apply stress lol. its much more stressful to be starving all day because your insulin runs amok.

Why would insulin be running amok on a zero carb diet? I've seen plenty of guys on zero carbs that went in and out of ketosis. You're missing the forest for the trees. Calorie deficit equals fat loss and no matter what you're going to be hungry so what.